Girl name "Aditi"

amyblackstone

Hubby, son n me
Reaction score
I found this girl name, Aditi. It comes from Australian, Hindu and Chinese cultures... I thought it was lovely. It means Freedom.

Opinions? :)

Be honest, I can take it :)

Thanks for your time!

Straight off I hate it, but I tihnk with the right middle name it could work. I'm a big believer in the meanings of names, and in this case I think the meaning far surpasses how it sounds. Go for it!

I do not *hate* it per se but I don't really like it either. How do you pronouce it? "Adeetee"?

I think it sounds like an egypitan godess! I quite like it :D

its ok.. not a name i would pick.. but no one can say it isnt different!!

I used to write to a girl in Australia who had a baby called Aditi Rose. I thought it was lovely and still do. Very individual name aswell.

Thanks for all the opinions ladies! It is pronounced ah-dee-tee, I believe. I found this in the internet:

a-di-TEA
a - rhymes with pa
di - as in 'dip' without 'p'

I think I quite like it, DH also is okay with it. We have been thinking Sophia Hope, but Aditi Hope sounds good to me too!

In any case, I have a penchant for a bit exotic sounding names, since at least four other girls in my class had the same name as I.

Love,
Amy.

Straight off I hate it, but I tihnk with the right middle name it could work. I'm a big believer in the meanings of names, and in this case I think the meaning far surpasses how it sounds. Go for it!

I agree, I don't like it either. Sorry :(

Best of Luck Hun!!

It sounds like a boys name, but if you like it that all that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012