girls around 34-36 weeks wanna wait it out together?

I think that usually when a midwife writes 3/5 in the engagement box it's how much of the head she can feel rather than how much is engaged. And it doesn't mean labour is close - they expect babies to start to engage by 36 weeks with a first, but it often doesn't happen until labour with a subsequent baby. Sadly there's no reliable way to predict if and when you'll go into labour until it happens. Such a frustrating waiting game sometimes!

As for me I am starting to get impatient and snappy with hubby as he is convinced I am about to in into labour at any moment and jumps, saying 'what's wrong' when I wince every time I move. It hurts! That's what's wrong! I just know I'm going to be going into hospital with not a whiff of labour this time in 3 weeks for my cs, and I'm ok with that now.

I think that usually when a midwife writes 3/5 in the engagement box it's how much of the head she can feel rather than how much is engaged. And it doesn't mean labour is close - they expect babies to start to engage by 36 weeks with a first, but it often doesn't happen until labour with a subsequent baby. Sadly there's no reliable way to predict if and when you'll go into labour until it happens. Such a frustrating waiting game sometimes!

As for me I am starting to get impatient and snappy with hubby as he is convinced I am about to in into labour at any moment and jumps, saying 'what's wrong' when I wince every time I move. It hurts! That's what's wrong! I just know I'm going to be going into hospital with not a whiff of labour this time in 3 weeks for my cs, and I'm ok with that now.

My baby pops in and out all the time , actually that sounds nice ..... She headbangs her way in and out all the time lol. :haha: I'm with you on the impatient , this little monkey has given us more scares than we care for. I am HUGE & even my dr is surprised I have hung on so long :haha: at first I felt defeated wanting to book the elcs but now I'm totally cool with it !! :thumbup:

So not long for you then mrsb! I think 3 weeks max for me, they won't let me go too much overdue but will give me an elcs. Really hoping I am early though and go in the next 2 weeks!!

Yes 4/5 means how much head is out, i did say the midwife said baby's head was just in there, when i checked my notes it said Eng 4/5 :thumbup:
Ive got to hold on to something this baby will come soon :haha:

I felt baby engage again last night and sure enough the same pink leaking fluid so we'll see how the day goes! I read the longer baby is in there the better for them so i feel selfish in sayin i hope she comes today!!!!!

My next midwife appointment is at 39+2, i just hope baby comes before then :thumbup:

So not long for you then mrsb! I think 3 weeks max for me, they won't let me go too much overdue but will give me an elcs. Really hoping I am early though and go in the next 2 weeks!!

Nope!! Hopefully get booked in for Tuesday next week!!x

Oh wow!! Can't believe we are all at the end of our baby journeys!

Our babies will all be here so soon, it's exciting, but at the same time I'm a little sad that this part of the journey is nearing the end. Just 3 weeks at the most for me - my cs is booked for March 27th, so 3 weeks today.

This afternoon, Hayden and I made a card for him to give to his baby sister, along with the teddy bear he chose for her present :cloud9:

Ladies i had my lil girl 5lb 9 @ 11.41 this morning!!!!!!

Congratulations, hope all went smoothly and you are both doing well x

Not quite so exciting, but I had a scan this morning - all looking good, growing nicely, still looking like a girl, normal fluid volume and dopplers, and she has got hair! Estimated weight 2.9kg, so that's about 6lb ish, I think. I also got weighed and have only put on 4kg since booking, so at least the GD has been good for something! Will be going weekly now until she makes her appearance.

On the not so positive side, I was just having a nice afternoon nap and was woken by the phone - stupid PPI claims people. Again! I thought there were laws against harassment in this country! Grrr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->