girls around 34-36 weeks wanna wait it out together?

Wow, i bet that was a shock! :hugs:
I had read that induction is possible if baby is small, are there other factors? What are there reasons for induction?
Making me panic a bit for my growth scan tomorrow!

Ive measured dead on for fundal height my entire pregnancy, but dr. sent me for a growth scan at 34 weeks and baby was measuring 4lbs 11oz, so he isnt too big. But even the ultrasound measurments can be off as much as a pound, so keep that in mind. Best of luck to you for your induction im sure everything will be fine

back from the consoltent, was not expecting to get the news i did. they told i could either get induced next week or wait 2 weeks and get induced then, they also they'd be prefere to do it next week as waiting could be more of a risk to baby, so i'm now getting induced on wednesday. i'll only be 36 weeks and 3 days.

Littlesteph,
Why do they want to induce you? Did they explain what they are watching for or worried about?

back from the consoltent, was not expecting to get the news i did. they told i could either get induced next week or wait 2 weeks and get induced then, they also they'd be prefere to do it next week as waiting could be more of a risk to baby, so i'm now getting induced on wednesday. i'll only be 36 weeks and 3 days.

37week is classed as term , you will do great :hugs:

I wanted a water birth last time but it just made the pain worse. This time I'll be trying the crouching, standing, leaning positions like you guys. I'm short too, 5'1, and was skinny before my pregnancies, so really hoping I can deliver naturally without tearing.

Has anyone felt the ring of fire before? Is it really that bad? Just wanna prep myself for doing it without an epidural!

Well .... I would be lying if I said it wasn't sore .... I had no pain relief with my first and I tore quite badly . But all things considering (he was posterior and had a hand on his head!) it wasn't THAAAAT bad ... And the stinging stops as soon as head is born , it is just the stretchy bit that hurts!!!

Had my scan this morning, and all is good. Baby is growing nicely, halfway between 50th and 97th centiles (estimated weight 2.7kg no idea what that it in lb's) and normal fluid volume. And she is head down today, too, although very mobile. Docs all happy with my diabetic control, so happy days! Back again in 2 weeks.

Did a little shopping after the scan - a few bargains in the mothercare sale, plus an adorable jacket for lo from boots, and a littlelife turtle backpack for Hayden - so cute, and he will love carrying his own things around, plus makes more room in the changing bag for baby's things. And I have finished packing my hospital bags - just a couple of things to add as we are ready to go, and have made a list of those, so we don't forget anything.

Littlesteph, hope all goes well for you next week, 36 weeks is not too early, and at least you don't have to worry about going overdue. Less than a week to go for you now! Make sure you get as much rest as you can in the meantime and look after yourself and bubs x

Had my scan this morning, and all is good. Baby is growing nicely, halfway between 50th and 97th centiles (estimated weight 2.7kg no idea what that it in lb's) and normal fluid volume. And she is head down today, too, although very mobile. Docs all happy with my diabetic control, so happy days! Back again in 2 weeks.

Did a little shopping after the scan - a few bargains in the mothercare sale, plus an adorable jacket for lo from boots, and a littlelife turtle backpack for Hayden - so cute, and he will love carrying his own things around, plus makes more room in the changing bag for baby's things. And I have finished packing my hospital bags - just a couple of things to add as we are ready to go, and have made a list of those, so we don't forget anything.

Littlesteph, hope all goes well for you next week, 36 weeks is not too early, and at least you don't have to worry about going overdue. Less than a week to go for you now! Make sure you get as much rest as you can in the meantime and look after yourself and bubs x

That is good news !! I love mothercare sales , I'm happy I live so far away from EVERYTHING where we are as I'm itching to go shopping but don't ACTUALLY need anything :haha: Although I am hitting Ikea next week as I have been saving up to go there for months :happydance:

Lol, I can't seem to stop buying stuff! I actually took an outfit back to mamas and papas today, as I realised I have too much small stuff, so the things I got today were in bigger sizes and also a couple of t-shirts for Hayden at £1.75 each! It's a good thing my spd made me in home when it did, or I might have bought more!

I have just convinced myself I need a sling for baby, so will be doing some online research into those tonight. Love Ikea, but don't have one near us :-(

Lol, I can't seem to stop buying stuff! I actually took an outfit back to mamas and papas today, as I realised I have too much small stuff, so the things I got today were in bigger sizes and also a couple of t-shirts for Hayden at £1.75 each! It's a good thing my spd made me in home when it did, or I might have bought more!

I have just convinced myself I need a sling for baby, so will be doing some online research into those tonight. Love Ikea, but don't have one near us :-(

Ahh I bought an AMAZING sling , it's called a babybag ... Soooo comfortable to wear and defo will be great for carrying babes about in :thumbup:

My husband has been away my entire pregnancy bar a few weeks leave (he's USAF) and I went on shopping sprees , got a lot of second hand stuff too and people gave me bags of stuff .... This poor baby has an outfit for every day for the first 3mnths lol. . . :wacko:

Ooh, thanks, will look at the babybag :)

Is your husband back now, or will he be soon? Much as mine infuriates me sometimes, I would hate to have been without him, must be hard when he's away :hugs:

Same here, it's been hard with SPD and a toddler, dunno what I'd do without hubby!

Lol I don't respect myself at the minute, feel like a sniveling wreck because whatever I do, it hurts. Not just ache but full on sharp pains everywhere. :(

Toddler isn't sleeping properly either, she's fast asleep in our bed at the mo which I didn't want to do but it was a toss up between sleep training again in 4 weeks, or can't be bothered to fight it... Not being bothered won lol!

IS anyone just ready to be done and have there little one here.. I wish i could forward time. lol.
I am 33 +4 and measuring a week 1/2 ahead.. It has been a rough pregnancy for me.

Ooh, thanks, will look at the babybag :)

Is your husband back now, or will he be soon? Much as mine infuriates me sometimes, I would hate to have been without him, must be hard when he's away :hugs:

Hopefully he will get some leave in April :thumbup: it's normality now

I have so much respect for you ladies who have spd but still soldier on! X

hmm, not sure i count as 'soldiering on'! i went to my gp and got signed off sick for what should have been my last 2 weeks at work. i also feel like whatever i do, it hurts, and i am constantly moaning and groaning. off to see the physio tomorrow, so hoping she will be able to help.

Wow, i bet that was a shock! :hugs:
I had read that induction is possible if baby is small, are there other factors? What are there reasons for induction?
Making me panic a bit for my growth scan tomorrow!

it was a shock yea, in a week i went from a normal pregnancy to being told i'm going to be induced.
for me it's just because he is small and my bump has not grown as much as they would have liked over the last month. they think that he won't grow much more so think it's safer for him to be out rather then bake for a few more weeks.
fingers crossed your growth scan gose well

dunno what I'd do without hubby!

I'm with you on that!!! My husband is such a winner when it counts, know wonder I married him, lol!!! Sometimes I can't even make it out of bed with the hyperemesis and barely can walk with the spd not to mention all of my other pregnancy ailments.

Littlesteph,
Why do they want to induce you? Did they explain what they are watching for or worried about?

acording to the scan he was measuring at about 32 weeks rather then 35, so they think he has stopped growing. so to be safe they want to induce me as soon as rather then keep sending for me scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->