girls around 34-36 weeks wanna wait it out together?

back from the consoltent, was not expecting to get the news i did. they told i could either get induced next week or wait 2 weeks and get induced then, they also they'd be prefere to do it next week as waiting could be more of a risk to baby, so i'm now getting induced on wednesday. i'll only be 36 weeks and 3 days.

Littlesteph,
Why do they want to induce you? Did they explain what they are watching for or worried about?

acording to the scan he was measuring at about 32 weeks rather then 35, so they think he has stopped growing. so to be safe they want to induce me as soon as rather then keep sending for me scans.

i'm sure your little one will be perfect :) and you'll feel better to have him safe in your arms:)

tonight i'm having some sharp pains in my cervix area, not sure if this any sort of dilation or if this means anything is coming soon, i'm at OH's house tonight and i'm debating on bringing my hospital bags-i rather not since they are about 20 pounds each

Oh my goodness ladies- ended up in triage last night after my mw apt with a bp of 161/100.
Now I'm booked in for a birth centre and being in the hospital has only confirmed that's what I really want. It was awful. There was a mw crying as she was so stressed and one came up to me and said she would self discharge if she were me.

Luckily my bp was down and everything was fine. My mom is a mw and I'm a nurse so am monitoring bp and urine at home. Unfortunately I know what it's like to be in their position and feel that scared at work. It really shook me up. I didn't expect to feel so unsafe in what should be such a safe place.
Hoping the next few weeks go smoothly and there are enough midwives to staff the birth centre. I feel so sorry for them.

If not I'm staying at home and my mom can deliver me. :)

On the big baby topic- my SIL just had her baby. She is UK size 8, 4'11" and had a 10lb boy. All was well and she did it 100% natural. X

Oh my goodness ladies- ended up in triage last night after my mw apt with a bp of 161/100.
Now I'm booked in for a birth centre and being in the hospital has only confirmed that's what I really want. It was awful. There was a mw crying as she was so stressed and one came up to me and said she would self discharge if she were me.

Luckily my bp was down and everything was fine. My mom is a mw and I'm a nurse so am monitoring bp and urine at home. Unfortunately I know what it's like to be in their position and feel that scared at work. It really shook me up. I didn't expect to feel so unsafe in what should be such a safe place.
Hoping the next few weeks go smoothly and there are enough midwives to staff the birth centre. I feel so sorry for them.

If not I'm staying at home and my mom can deliver me. :)

On the big baby topic- my SIL just had her baby. She is UK size 8, 4'11" and had a 10lb boy. All was well and she did it 100% natural. X

Oh my gosh , that is awful that she actually told you to self discharge !!!:growlmad: I hope you get the birth you want, where you want :hugs:

Thanks for the big baby story!! Not that mine is looking big, just average, but i'm really small though not as small as your SIL.

Having a lot of shooting pains near my cervix also. Don't know if it's baby or something else, never felt it in previous pregnancy. I just hope it doesn't happen outside, I'd look a right idiot yelping and grabbing my bits lol.

Thanks for the big baby story!! Not that mine is looking big, just average, but i'm really small though not as small as your SIL.

Having a lot of shooting pains near my cervix also. Don't know if it's baby or something else, never felt it in previous pregnancy. I just hope it doesn't happen outside, I'd look a right idiot yelping and grabbing my bits lol.

Hahaha omg you just reminded me of a day that actually happened to me ... I was with mum walking out of the chemist and as I skipped down the step I was struck with the "lightning crotch" (hehe borrowed your phrase little_lady) I froze in the middle of the pavement squeaking in pain trying to get my mums , who had walked off , attention !!! :haha::blush:

Wow, i bet that was a shock! :hugs:
I had read that induction is possible if baby is small, are there other factors? What are there reasons for induction?
Making me panic a bit for my growth scan tomorrow!

it was a shock yea, in a week i went from a normal pregnancy to being told i'm going to be induced.
for me it's just because he is small and my bump has not grown as much as they would have liked over the last month. they think that he won't grow much more so think it's safer for him to be out rather then bake for a few more weeks.
fingers crossed your growth scan gose well

Now im even more scared! :haha:

So i had my consultant appointment today (thyroid) i was there 2hrs and 20 mins, 2hrs waiting to be seen! The midwife did the usual checks before i went in for my appt, urine, blood pressure etc fine, she agreed with the measurement midwife did on tuesday, im measuring 32cms.
The hospital was so busy they couldnt get me in for my growth scan today, but the consultant wants me to go to the other hospital tomorrow (where im having baby, 15 miles away) to be monitored, the fetal wellbeing unit isnt open on a saturday so ive got to go to a ward.
Then im booked in at 8.15am on monday with the fetal unit to be monitored and get a growth scan. She wants me to be monitored 2x a week, but i guess that might change depending on the outcome of the growth scan.
Consultant said she will only see me again if theres a problem with the scan.

back from the consoltent, was not expecting to get the news i did. they told i could either get induced next week or wait 2 weeks and get induced then, they also they'd be prefere to do it next week as waiting could be more of a risk to baby, so i'm now getting induced on wednesday. i'll only be 36 weeks and 3 days.

Littlesteph,
Why do they want to induce you? Did they explain what they are watching for or worried about?

acording to the scan he was measuring at about 32 weeks rather then 35, so they think he has stopped growing. so to be safe they want to induce me as soon as rather then keep sending for me scans.

The good thing is that they caught this and they have a solution! You will be in my thoughts - all the very best!!

Wow, i bet that was a shock! :hugs:
I had read that induction is possible if baby is small, are there other factors? What are there reasons for induction?
Making me panic a bit for my growth scan tomorrow!

it was a shock yea, in a week i went from a normal pregnancy to being told i'm going to be induced.
for me it's just because he is small and my bump has not grown as much as they would have liked over the last month. they think that he won't grow much more so think it's safer for him to be out rather then bake for a few more weeks.
fingers crossed your growth scan gose well

Now im even more scared! :haha:

So i had my consultant appointment today (thyroid) i was there 2hrs and 20 mins, 2hrs waiting to be seen! The midwife did the usual checks before i went in for my appt, urine, blood pressure etc fine, she agreed with the measurement midwife did on tuesday, im measuring 32cms.
The hospital was so busy they couldnt get me in for my growth scan today, but the consultant wants me to go to the other hospital tomorrow (where im having baby, 15 miles away) to be monitored, the fetal wellbeing unit isnt open on a saturday so ive got to go to a ward.
Then im booked in at 8.15am on monday with the fetal unit to be monitored and get a growth scan. She wants me to be monitored 2x a week, but i guess that might change depending on the outcome of the growth scan.
Consultant said she will only see me again if theres a problem with the scan.

if they hadn't told me that they'd rather induce me next week i would have had to have been momitored 2x a week also. if they are worried they will tell you. at this stage of pregnancy i think they do all they can to do what's best for baby.

Not much going on here :) I lost some plug a few days ago, but otherwise, baby seems nice and snug where she is

turned 38 weeks ANNNDDD......

nothing happened. big surprise

36 weeks in a day and nothing exciting. We shall see this week @ my next OB appt. but more than likely the usual. However, I have been feeling loads of pressure these last two weeks.

37 weeks today and still cooking :) Have had a stinking cold since the weekend :(

I may be going completely bonkers (this is my third time) but I keep forgetting how many weeks I am!! I know it changes on a saturday but I keep having to work it out! Hehe lets hope my brain recoves soon after the birth :)

(Incidentally I am 36 weeks on Sat!)

37 weeks on Thursday and had some cramps, lost a bit of plug and generally feeling rubbish... nothing new lol.

Ahhh these are the last weeks where we jus hang around......hopefully not dymptlm spotting like when ttc! Mine is still transverse so she's not budging either. had some af type cramping yday but better today. Heaveneats now you're 38 weeks lots of :-* to get baby goin? I told my hubby we might have to if i pass the 38 week mark & he lost the colour in his face....we stopped when i found out im pregnant because we've been too scared we'll hurt the baby!

35 weeks, head is down, not engaged yet. Currently she has hiccups!
Already too impatient to meet her!
Had BH once so far, no mucus stuff yet, she's still cooking. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->