girls around 34-36 weeks wanna wait it out together?

that's true i was measuring 29 weeks at my midwife appointment had my scan yesturday and he's measuring between 32 and 33. even though he's meant to be measuring 35. but fundel hight thing dosen't mean anything, i don't understand why they use it if it has nothing really to do with how big or small baby actaully is.

Me too. I just need to hang on a little bit more, I'm finding it hard at the moment with SPD and an energetic toddler. By night time my pelvis is normally in agony.

Littlesteph - I agree! I'm only measuring 32 weeks, yet my baby is on the 50th centile so perfectly average, and the midwife said I also have quite a lot of fluid. So I really don't understand why I'm so small.

fundal height is only meant to be a rough guide, that's why they refer for a scan if it's out. Otherwise they'd have to give everyone growth scans, and lovely as that might sound, the NHS can't afford it!

I don't think my baby has been anywhere near my pelvis, well, except for her feet to give me a booting in the bladder! She has been breech or transverse since my last scan, I think. Not holding out much hope for that VBAC. Got my next scan tomorrow, so will see what she's up to then :)

Fundal height is inaccurate for me too, as the OBGYN said my uterus is tilted and the top of it is under my right ribs, and causing me to have horrendous reflux. The joys :)

I had a growth scan at 34 weeks and baby is BIG! Was already measuring over 6 pounds, so that is going to be fun :) I was watching all the measurements and the head alone was measuring 37+3 :rofl: They retested me for diabetes, but all is fine

Littlesteph - I agree! I'm only measuring 32 weeks, yet my baby is on the 50th centile so perfectly average, and the midwife said I also have quite a lot of fluid. So I really don't understand why I'm so small.

it is really confusing, i guess they just use it as a guildline, but even then the growth charts can be wrong.

Fundal height is inaccurate for me too, as the OBGYN said my uterus is tilted and the top of it is under my right ribs, and causing me to have horrendous reflux. The joys :)

I had a growth scan at 34 weeks and baby is BIG! Was already measuring over 6 pounds, so that is going to be fun :) I was watching all the measurements and the head alone was measuring 37+3 :rofl: They retested me for diabetes, but all is fine

wow that is big,
i had my scan yesturday and he is 4lbs 4oz. but i am a shortie. :D.
would they induce you if you got to big?

I have a big babe too , my 34wk growth scan was scary ... 39+1 & estimated at 6lb9oz :wacko: I'm only little at 5"2 and quite slim. . .

Will not complain if I go in a week or two lol :haha:

wow there are lots of big babies out there!! at my 32 week scan they said she was about 4 pounds 3 ounces

wow that is big,

Nope they said if no diabetes, they will let the pregnancy run its course. I dont want to be induced, but at the same time, I would like baby to come early if she is that big!

I have a big babe too , my 34wk growth scan was scary ... 39+1 & estimated at 6lb9oz :wacko: I'm only little at 5"2 and quite slim. . .

I am slim too but a bit taller than you. Not sure I have the hips for a big baby but oh well! I am hoping baby will come early too, 37 weeks sounds fine to me! Lost my first bit of plug today, but I know that doesn't really mean anything

wow that is big,

Nope they said if no diabetes, they will let the pregnancy run its course. I dont want to be induced, but at the same time, I would like baby to come early if she is that big!

I am slim too but a bit taller than you. Not sure I have the hips for a big baby but oh well! I am hoping baby will come early too, 37 weeks sounds fine to me! Lost my first bit of plug today, but I know that doesn't really mean anything

My sister is the same build as me maybe a smidge wider in the hips and an inch taller .she managed a 9lb14 baby (they weighed him after a big poo & pee , so he prob wld of been 10lb!!) She delivered well standing up , so I think gravity is key here !!! I know I will be trying standing crouching squatting .... Anything to avoid a tear and also failing my VBAC !!!! :thumbup:

I will try every position possible! Want to be as natural as possible, but I realise with such a big baby and being as small as I am, it is highly likely I will need some help. Not going to beat myself up about it all :)

seeing how big everyones babies were at theirs scans is making me think my baby must be tiny to be the size he is at 35 weeks.
i'm hoping to have a water birth, so will be trying the squarting position.

Fundal height is pure crap. I definitely wouldn't worry. With my first I was told he was measuring behind, he would only be 5lbs, blah blah. Well they were completely off. My last was over 9lbs. I have big babies. I just measure small. This time I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead in fundal and scan. We shall see! I take it with a grain of salt. The scans are typically +/- a pound or so!

I will try every position possible! Want to be as natural as possible, but I realise with such a big baby and being as small as I am, it is highly likely I will need some help. Not going to beat myself up about it all :)

Same here ,I have a sneaky suspicion the further I go the more likely it is I will end up having another Csec. I'm not too bothered ,I would prefer my VBAC but whatever is best for baby and me on the day :thumbup:

I wanted a water birth last time but it just made the pain worse. This time I'll be trying the crouching, standing, leaning positions like you guys. I'm short too, 5'1, and was skinny before my pregnancies, so really hoping I can deliver naturally without tearing.

Has anyone felt the ring of fire before? Is it really that bad? Just wanna prep myself for doing it without an epidural!

back from the consoltent, was not expecting to get the news i did. they told i could either get induced next week or wait 2 weeks and get induced then, they also they'd be prefere to do it next week as waiting could be more of a risk to baby, so i'm now getting induced on wednesday. i'll only be 36 weeks and 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->