Girls:Super quick question!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by foreverfairy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. foreverfairy

foreverfairy Well-Known Member

Hi! I have my 20 week scan today and was wondering how much water do i have to drink an hour beforehand{if any?} I really cant remember.:dohh:

2. CeeCee2010

CeeCee2010 Mummy to Jessica xxx

I was told I wouldn't need to drink any because baby is much bigger by then! If you've been told to though a couple of pints of water should do the trick! X

3. TinkerJess

TinkerJess Well-Known Member

I didn't drink any, I think by now baby is much easier to see. :flower:

4. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

when i had my last one you didn't need to drink, i did and got told there i didn't :dohh: as previously been said, baby's much bigger and your see much more :D xxx

5. jobee2222

jobee2222 Well-Known Member

i would say drink a pint of water an hour before hand and sip on a bottle of water. I was told i had not drunk enough water so had to rearrange an appointment. so the more you drink the better.

6. foreverfairy

foreverfairy Well-Known Member

Thanks girls! I might have a cheeky half of pint of water just incase.Iv got a feeling you dont have to drink either too.

7. Itsychik

Itsychik Well-Known Member

You can always drink water and then go to the toilet after you get there (but it's more difficult to drink several pints after you arrive) :)

Although several ladies I know drank water and then were told their bladders were too full.. :shrug: so who knows!

Enjoy your scan!!!

8. tfarr

tfarr Well-Known Member

I was going to ask this question before I go for mine next week, as I have'nt not been told either way.

Thanks xx

9. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

The letter I have says to drink a pint of water an hour before for the 20 week scan.

10. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

I didn't drink any extra water before my scan yesterday and they had no problems.

11. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

hehe i was drinking a bottle of water before i went in, and i was bursting to go to the loo. went in for my scan and she said oh you dont need a full bladder at 20 weeks. i was soo desperate too!! i ended up going to the loo afterwards and then they wanted a pee sample i was gutted lol but luckily i filled my self up that much i had 3 pees in 10 mins (tmi)
    any hoo hope scan went well xx

12. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

my hospital asked me to have an empty bladder.

13. meowmeow

meowmeow lil meow #1 soon!!

i was told 2 glasses of water

14. Tiffa130

Tiffa130 first time mom

I had mine yesterday & had to drink 1L of water 1 hour prior to appointment, but she let me go pee during ultrasoubd so I don't know why they needed it.

15. Ember

Ember Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

I had a bowl of cereal before leaving for my appointment and drank about half a bottle of water on the way. My scan came out beautifully and I didn't have to pee any. I don't think it really mattered how much I drank, though. I think it matters more about how much you drink in the days leading up to it, since that increases the amniotic fluid volume which gives LO more space to spread out so they can see everything. That's just a theory, though, based on what I've seen said about 4D scans.

16. My4thmiracle

My4thmiracle Mummy to baby Nico + 3

I was told I need to drink quite a bit before my 20 week scan cos they can see the placenta more clearly.