giving it 3 more months

readytogiveup

Reaction score
hi my name is sarah i am 44 and already have 2 girls 25 and 23 and a boy 3. we were trying for 12 months when caught in june sadly had mmc in aug still not really over it. we started trying again as soon as felt up to it,no joy. bought CBFM used for last 2 months so have more of idea bout ovulation dates. decided not going to use anymore will now wing it. today i made the decision, i bought 3 months supply of folic acid which will take me to 1st week april, after april period am giving up, going squinty from staring at one stick or another. i get all excited in the run up then crash when the witch arrives and snap at every,which i hate not a snappy person. i just feel the stress is too much, the doc say will write to gynae to ask if 3month course of clomid poss but then you chance having twins, and with age also higher risk of twins as well cant chance that, if happened naturally so be it but dont want to increase the risk, also the doc,usually very understanding looked at me like i am mad wanting one at my age,that really what made mind up,wanna say thank you to everyone i have spoken to in my time here you have been like family, good luck to you all.. not going till may but wanted to let you all know how important this sight really is, best wishes :hugs: sarah x

Awwww, was just passing by and saw your post, don't let the doctor put you off, I think they have no rights to comment on personal situations like they do, Mine questioned me over wanting to try for no5, and i mean she said and i quote 'are you mad?'
It is a personal choice and only you know your ttc limits and what is right for you.
It took me 9 months ttc my beautiful little girl, as you can see from my little picture she is worth every dissapointed month, poas, folic acid tablet, and everything else!
I gave myself 6 months ttc and when it didnt happen i increased it to 9 and just scraped it, I would have I think gone to 12 and then drawn a line before being eaten up by it all, like you i know what i can do before it engulfs my life and i am just a baby making zombie with nothing else to think about!
I would love to try for one more but because it took 9 months and the next could take more i am saying this is it now, my friend is 44 and has just had her 5th, the 3 youngest are under 5 the other 2 are adults.
Anyway, just wanted to say, give up when you are ready and not based on anyone else's thoughtless comments,
Good Luck hunni xxx:hugs:

i will be 44 in march and gave up in dec,i just cant do it anymore:nope: but my oh wants to carry on:dohh:
i really hope you get your bfp in the next few months and dont listen to your doc:growlmad:do what feels right for you.:thumbup:

know how you feel have given myself till march then thats it.im now just turned 45 and had a mc in may which totally knocked me for 6 .

the dissapointment every month is too much to bear and felt i have to get on with my life now after so many years of peeing on sticks ,looking at cm etc .

but make sure you are doing it for you and not be influenced by some snotty dr they just dont understand. so good luck in the next few months and sending you some hugs:hugs::hugs:

hey im almost 42 i met a lady in clinic today whos 48 n 6mths gone. i know abt you feelin low and ups and downs im rite there with ya i have 23 yr daughter 20 yr son 11yr and 4 yr i mc june last yr im just awaitin af due tomorrow im havin 3 cycles of clomid then thats me hangin up towel in givin up as last 3 yrs have been nitemare for me breakin my heart when af arrives feelin like a failed agen and after 3 yrs of painful strain i decided one more last ditch attempt

hey im almost 42 i met a lady in clinic today whos 48 n 6mths gone. i know abt you feelin low and ups and downs im rite there with ya i have 23 yr daughter 20 yr son 11yr and 4 yr i mc june last yr im just awaitin af due tomorrow im havin 3 cycles of clomid then thats me hangin up towel in givin up as last 3 yrs have been nitemare for me breakin my heart when af arrives feelin like a failed agen and after 3 yrs of painful strain i decided one more last ditch attempt

thanks for the reply, good luck with the clomid, as i said doc said bout it too me but one my nan was twin, she lost a twin and with my age stand more chance of twins so i am too much of a coward n really dont relish twins at 44 ha ha. but as i said the very best of luck to you hope to see you on bfp page later take care x

theres only small chance of twins i conceived my son 5 yrs ago on 3rd cycle of clomid yr not garanteed twins, look at evidence on internet been on clomid gives u same chances if you get pregnant as it would without help if yr destined to have twins you will naturally i hope you get pregnant dont give up hun we can do this together

Fingers and everything crossed your AF doesn't come :af:
Mines due on the 15th ..... :dust: and lots of it :)

well af was due yesturday monkey i guess im havin late one this mth i tested mon 10th bfn not dared to test again now as it made me feel like crap im gettin really horrid cold been up all nite mayb thats why im running late my af wasnt due til 13th anyway so not that late yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->