Giving up the dreamfeed???

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I always give Connah his bedtime feed around 7.30/8pm and then we will dreamfeed at 10.30pm.

However,Connah will take a few oz at the dreamfeed but half the time holds it in his mouth and spits it back up:dohh: Its kind of like he isnt interested in it anymore:shrug:

Im my Baby Whisperer book it says to continue to dreamfeed until LO is 8months old...Connah is a few days shy of 5 months.

So my question is,do you think i should give up the dreamfeed or is it a little early???
Only reason i am thinking about giving it up is the lack of interest he has in it:shrug: But i dont want him to start waking in the night again as he has been sleeping through sinc he was 8 weeks old.

Also,not sure if this helps but i started weaning today,so maybe me weaning will make up for the missing dreamfeed???or am i way off here?

advice would be great thanks xxx

i was thinking this with morgan,cos he always has wind after it and im wondering wots the point ! but then i dont want him to wake in middle of nigth for a feed x

Violet stopped wanting hers around that age.

She'd gradually stop taking as much so in the end I just offered what she'd take. And when it got down to about 2oz then I just stopped it all together. She still sleeps 12hrs without it and that was before we started weaning.

If he doesn't want it at the moment, I would stop it. Ruby refused it like 4 times ever but we kept offering it anyway and the refusal seemed to be a phase. She takes it all still and is 7.5 months now. I think the BW says to keep it up until solids are firmly established which is usually around 8 months, (not in our case though as we're BLW so I'm going to keep dreamfeeding until she is eating lots or stops wanting it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->