Giving up

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Jenernie, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jenernie

Jenernie Member

So after 3 years trying and 2 miscarriages .. Is it time to give up I'm 35..i have three children with a previous partner... I want us to have a child but how long can you actually carry on

2. elek87

elek87 Member

Hi Jenernie, I know the pain we are trying for our first baby and I am 33 my partner is 39 we both don't have kids. We been trying for 2 years everyday I feel like giving up but I see ladies who been trying for 8 or 13 years and I am inspired again so I will say if you see your baby in your mind and heart one day you will hold it in your armies. I am so sorry to say this someday I feel like I wouldn't mind even a miscarriage just to carry a baby even those few weeks and have a feeling that I once was a mom. For in all my adult life I never use contraceptive except condoms until I know and trust my partner never even once I conceive so sometimes I just ask myself would I ever carry a baby but I will give my all before I give up when God say so to me. Just vent to us I understand. I am sending you :dust:

3. red_head

red_head Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying just over 6 years now for number 1. I’m currently 9 weeks with what seems to be a healthy pregnancy. But I’ve had four losses, including one at 5 months. I think you know when enough is enough. I don’t think I will carry on if this isn’t our rainbow. But then I wonder if I will ever really give up hoping! It just depends how much you can take I think.
    What tests and methods have you tried? I think you need to give everything you can a go before giving up truly, as at least then you know you’ve done what you can.
    Good luck xx

4. OnErth&InHvn

OnErth&InHvn Waiting on Bee

Tried for 10yrs and im 9wks pregnant now. No if, iui, etc.

5. Cewsbaby

Cewsbaby Mom of 2 boys!

Took me 7 years of actively trying and 2 years of NTNP to get pregnant with my first. It can happen and I was told there was no way to do so naturally. Just keep the faith. It can be so difficult but we're all here for you.

6. Classic Girl

Classic Girl Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. 3 years, 8 losses, now age 46. Can’t do anymore