Glucose test...

MummyBurgo

I love my boys x
Reaction score
Hi I have my GTT tomorrow and I have to be there for 8.30 could someone tell me what happens,I know I have a test when I get there and then one after 2 hours and need to drink some lucozade before the next test but what kinda test is it?Bloods or just a finger prick test?How long for the results?

Thanks

Hi, Ive got mine tomorrow too. Mines at 9:15am. They use needles to take bloods each time. I was told they take blood from you, then make you drink the sugary drink and then two hours later take more blood. Its to see how youre blood sugars react. Good luck tomorrow xxx

Have nothing tonight etc - only water to drink. Go in tomorrow and you'll have your blood taking - then you'll be given a special drink by them (i had 2 cupfuls of an orangy drink). Then they send you away for two hours and you can't eat or drink anything (except water) and then you return in the two hours and they take another lot of blood (needle in other arm)- then you wait for the results which they should get back to you in day or 2. I got called for one as i had a high reading but proved to be false alarm. x

I have been told to take plain lucozade in with me.

Yes they either give you a drink or ask you to drink a normal size normal lucozade.. They make you take it, then two hours later take a blood. What you need to do is to take food for afterwards, because you also have to fast from about 10pm... and only sip water.

It says on the sheet nothing to eat or drink after midnight. And 410ml of lucozade.

i have one of these in may but hvnt been told 2 take lucasade with me o i need 2?? x

i have to have this at 28wks and they told me nothing to eat after midnight and o be there at 9am have a drink of the stuff wait 2hrs they take blood then send me on my way

I can't believe they haven't told you what you need to do, thats shocking! In Suffolk, you have the test at about 28 weeks. You receive a letter on booking which states you must fast from midnight but you may have water. You go in for bloods then drink 213ml of Polycal (which they measure out from a carton you have to buy (£1 from hospital pharmacy) and then back 2 hours later for more bloods :)

Hi I had this test done at 12 weeks. they took blood 1st and then I drank a discusting really sweet drink, then I had to wait around the hospital for 2 hours and I was starving coz I couldn't eat or drink anything (except water) fro 10pm the night before. After the 2 hours were up I had another blood test then i was aloud home right away.

My results were clear but I have to have this test again when im 26 weeks - lucky me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->