go to the hospital? or make a doctors appointment?

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
I woke up 2day & at first I thought it was gonna be one of my better days (as for morning sickness) because I was only dry heaving with nothing coming up.. felt nauseous all day tho. I finally was able to get down a bottle of water & a few onion chips from white castles. well 15 minutes later all my food & all my water && possibly my pre natal vitamin all came back up n the toilet. im afraid 2 eat anymore.. im trying 2 drink more water now.. what are some signs of dehydration? should I just wait it out & see wat happens? any advice?

I woke up 2day & at first I thought it was gonna be one of my better days (as for morning sickness) because I was only dry heaving with nothing coming up.. felt nauseous all day tho. I finally was able to get down a bottle of water & a few onion chips from white castles. well 15 minutes later all my food & all my water && possibly my pre natal vitamin all came back up n the toilet. im afraid 2 eat anymore.. im trying 2 drink more water now.. what are some signs of dehydration? should I just wait it out & see wat happens? any advice?

Hi hun. Sorry to hear you aren't feeing well but it's all for a good cause :happydance: I hope your symptoms relieve soon!

If you are managing to drink and have just been sick after eating and drinking today then you won't be dehydrated. See how you feel again tomorrow. If it persists that you can't eat or drink at all without throwing it back up tomorrow aswell then I would see your doctor about possibly some medication.

Have you tried some natural remedies for the sickness like crackers, light meals, never having an empty stomach etc? Might be an idea to avoid greasy or fatty foods whilst your stomach is unsettled.

Hope you feel better soon x

Hugs, it's awful isn't it. I'm ok now (super early, it may come...) but was sick as a dog with my first pregnancy (not my 2nd strangely). If you are not able to keep any fluids down I would suggest you get checked out hun. I hope it gets better soon. xxx

thank u so much guys! ive tried eating crackers right when I wake up 2 see if that will help but I just threw up the crackers lOl. that's really all ive tried. at 4 weeks I didn't have any sickness but it came on full force at 5 weeks & has not let up at all. im trying 2 drink a bottle of water now & if it stays down I think ill be ok but if not I think ill go 2 the hospital. ive never thrown up so much n my life lOl! cant wait till second tri!

Do you have an on call nurse or doctor to speak to? I was dehydrated at 14 weeks, similar symptoms (except I also had a headache). I thought I had the flu, but the nurse suggested I was dehydrated and told me to the go the ER. Turns out I was and was given Zofran (nausea medicine) and benadryl for my headache and was given a bag of fluid. After some sleep I finally felt better.

Try ice lollies (I found citrus ones the best) or failing that - plain ice cubes. I found the slow release of fluid didn't hit my stomach so hard and helped ease the nausea with the cold. Having said that - I'm on prochlorperazine which has made me feel normal! I'm currently at a trade show walking around for 8 hours a day with nobody any the wiser... The day before I started the tablets I couldn't lift my head from the toilet and the doctor was worried about dehydration as my lips were getting cracked.

Hope you're feeling better soon - it's rotten! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->