Going back to work, should I wake LO to feed???

Mabv812

Reaction score
So LO usually get around 10 hours of sleep at night. He wakes somewhere around 7. I'm going back to work and I have to be there at 6 am, get up at 5 am. I'm not sure if I should wake him up to feed or just pump. I am worried about my supply because my work isn't very flexible ( the job itself, not my boss). I'll be lucky to pump twice a day.

I did, since DH would be waking him up close to the time he would be done anyways to go to daycare. Will he have to wake up earlier to travel anyways? Then it may not make a big difference.

Sometimes he would go back to sleep afterwards anyways which was nice but that did not always happen which made it stressful.

If he was very tired, however, he would not wake up and if he did he would only suck once or twice and then go back to bed.

I think it just depends on what works for your little one. You could try it and see how it goes a few times.

I think it also depends on how long he would feed for. I'd hate to wake the with only 20 minutes to feed but he has decided he wants a long feed and have to take him off :(

Just feed don't pump in the morning. If I wake him up first, he won't feed because he's always excited to wake up and look around.. I have to put him to my breast while still kinda asleep then he will feed. After feeding he wakes up gently and I get him changed and dressed for daycare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->