Going back to work

Dona

Reaction score
Well..... I finally made the decision of going back to work. I had until Feb to go back but I decided to return earlier which will be 9th November. I'm feeling anxious, nervous and excited all rolled into one. Archie will be in nursery 4 days a week. I know its for the best but I think there will be floods of tears over the next few weeks and when I have to leave him there. :cry::cry::cry:

Any advice? xx

I don't have any advice but wanted to send you a huge :hugs: I think you and Archie are both simply amazing :)

Aww Dona, I bet that must have been a very hard decision to make although your obv feeling ready to go back, Im going back in Jan and have asked to have a good few weeks of 'testers' in Dec to ease myself in as Im taking over new services I know nothing about, think this will greatly help get used to it rather than throwing myself in at deep end.

Could you maybe start ofF 1 day a week and build up to it? Maybe have Archie transition into nursery early so you get used to leaving him? Alao think of all teh fun and friends he will make at nursery and yourself getting back into your own routine and identity again and see these as positives as we will prob tend to lean towards the 'what if' scenarios that play in our minds, if your not expected back til Feb when ypu do start back in Nov if its not the right time you can always take time time off? x :hugs:

no advice but well done for making a difficult decision! am sure you will both get on just fine:thumbup:

well done:) x

I am not a premie mama, but I just wanted to say I sent my baby 5 days a week at around 6/7 months old to daycare. It was from like 9am til 1/2 pm sometimes 4.
It was a great age to send him as he was already on solids so I did not need to express too much each day, and he was too young to really have separation anxiety like they do at a year +. It was so hard in the beginning I would drive them mad calling all the time, and I would cry when I left but he was absolutely fine. He is there a second year now and loves it, its his second home!
Best of luck to you xx

Any advice? xx
Don't look back when you leave. Have a smile on your face. Keep busy all day. Never think "I wonder what...."

That said, I haven't done it yet so I don't know how easy all that is, it was advice passed by my big sister!

I'm thinking when I get to it, I might have her dad drop her off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->