going off Birth Control Pills...

jem77

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
Just wondering how long it took everyone for their AF to get back to normal after stopping BCP?
I stopped taking them in Feb and my first cycle was 35 days. I am at 38 days today and no AF, and several BFN's. I am starting to think that BFP is out and my body is just going wacky! I'm achy, bloated, sore bbs, had a few days of being light headed/dizzy, goes on and on...but could be anything....
Just want to know what time frame I can expect to "be normal"....

After birth controls your periods are "abnormal". You have to wait a few cycles to get it back on track. FYI, this does not mean you are not ovulating :) Good luck!

I had the same issue... After a few months I was right back on track. :)

Good luck!

Thank you for posting this and thanks for your feedback ladies. I'm keen to see what other say but I'd assume it'd take a couple of months for you to regulate. That's just a guess I'm very new to this!!

I stopped my BC just over two weeks ago. This week I've been having what I think is ov pain but no EWCM. I have been taking AC & EPO & Pregnacare so I'm praying that my AF comes in/by the next two weeks. I'll def be updating the lovely ladies on here when my AF makes her post pill debut . Good luck ladies x

I was on Loestrin FE and my period never left, but did lighten. It came back full force immediately the following cycle. But it has taken 2 years for it to be back to a standard 28 day. I was 24-30 days for awhile. I don't check for ovulation so I'm no help there.

I was on Alesse for about 2 years. I went off of it back in January (I kept forgetting pills and my periods were becoming weird so I decided to give my body a break) Feb and March my periods came when they were supposed to....playing the waiting game for this month but I think I might just be preggo, which I plan on testing this weekend once I get my debit card back :happydance:

I was on Alesse for about 2 years. I went off of it back in January (I kept forgetting pills and my periods were becoming weird so I decided to give my body a break) Feb and March my periods came when they were supposed to....playing the waiting game for this month but I think I might just be preggo, which I plan on testing this weekend once I get my debit card back :happydance:

Good luck to you!!!

Hi.

I came off BC (Yasmin) a few months ago. I had one week of pills in a new pack and then we decided to stop, so a week after that I had a second 'withdrawal bleed', then it was 24 days before I had my first natural period. From then on it's been 28days on the nose each time.

For the first 4 weeks I was convinced I was pregnant, all the symptoms etc but of course that was probably just the last bits of hormones. After that first month though everything is completely normal :)

So you CAN go straight back to normal but it depends on your body and I would imagine too the pill that you were on. Just stay nice and calm, pamper yourself a little bit :winkwink: and don't expect too much too soon.

FX for you! :thumbup:

xxx

Anyone had any experience with the Patch? This is my first month coming off, I have been on it for 4 years

Sorry to hi jack this thread, but did anyone's AF after BCP come much quicker than they expected? Before the pill I was like clockwork, almost down to the time of day. They were slightly longer (sorry if TMI) than on BCP, so I think they were either 28 or 29 day cycles. Now mine seems to have come a week early and quite light. Is this usual? Also I seem to be suffering from cramps way more than I did before. If this is what's going to happen from now on, me and BCP are going to become good friends again after I (fingers crossed) have a baby!

Sorry to hi jack this thread, but did anyone's AF after BCP come much quicker than they expected? Before the pill I was like clockwork, almost down to the time of day. They were slightly longer (sorry if TMI) than on BCP, so I think they were either 28 or 29 day cycles. Now mine seems to have come a week early and quite light. Is this usual? Also I seem to be suffering from cramps way more than I did before. If this is what's going to happen from now on, me and BCP are going to become good friends again after I (fingers crossed) have a baby!

Yes, my very first natural period off BCP was about 5 days early, so the first cycle was 23/24 days. I had a lot of cramping that first month, sore breasts, headaches - the whole lot of pg symptoms lol. Now it's normal, cramps the day b4 period and clockwork again.

It can take a while to get back to normal so you probably will still be back to clockwork eventually.

xx

Thanks fairykate. When I browsed the site. it looked like everyone elses were late rather than early. Feel a bit more reassured now.

Thanks fairykate. When I browsed the site. it looked like everyone elses were late rather than early. Feel a bit more reassured now.

Glad to help!! :) I was convinced I was pg that first month and then AF bloody came early!! Was a complete bummer :winkwink:

Best of luck!!
xxx

I am almost 2 weeks late for AF after coming off BCP. I am pretty sure it is due to coming off, but I had EWCM 3 weeks later and we BD'd....now I am starting to worry. I was always told to take precautions after coming off BCP (until cycles regulate) but I think I got a little too excited. Anyway- I would be ecstatic if we got pregnant the first time around, but I also hate to get my hopes up. My questions are- when would you recommend taking hpt and when would you chalk it up to the BCP? When do you start noticing symptoms of pregnancy (if they are to come of course)

I haven't the slightest idea for certain but I would assume soon after implantation so 7ish days after ovulation?

i took my last pil March 20. AF came a week early on that pack so i just stop taking them at that point, and it lasted about 4 days. Then it was 37 days until i got my next AF! I really thought i was preggo too bc i had weird symptoms and i know i ovulated about 3 weeks after i stopped the pills/had my period, then i got the next AF 2 weeks following that ovulation. AF just ended a few days ago so i'm curious to see what happens this month!

AF came on Sat for me, so this past cycle was 40 days....so frustrating! I started taking AC with hopes regulating....

My first period off the pill took 62 days and my second one took 59. I'm worried about my body, does anyone have any advice? Before the pill my cycles were completely regular and always 28 days. Grr!
xo

:wacko: It's all very confusing and frustrating. I came off the pill just over 2 weeks ago and haven't even had a withdrawal bleed yet! I hope I get AF soon so I can start to TRY and make some sense of my cycles xx

Glad to help!! :) I was convinced I was pg that first month and then AF bloody came early!! Was a complete bummer :winkwink:

Best of luck!!
xxx

Actually in a way I think it's helped me figure out what I want. I wrote on another post how scared I was about the idea of being pg. When AF came early, I had half convinced myself that it was the allusive 'implantation bleed' that they talk about in TTC. :dohh: While I was sort of relieved that I wasn't pg (we have only been trying a bit this month and I don't know if I could have coped with the shock of being pg on the first go!) , I realised that I was also mildly disappointed that I wasn't. Now I feel a lot more comfortable here in NTNP - though I'm still VERY much CAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->