Going straight to IVF?

kmrc

Reaction score
We were supposed to do my first iui this cycle but I just got a positive opk at cd10 and I can't talk to my doctor until tomorrow. I went in for an ultrasound this morning and I had 2 follicles [email protected] and the other @14. So they told me to go back on Wednesday and I will most likely have the trigger shot that day and the iui on Friday. I came home from work today and I took an opk and it was positive! Maybe I Had my surge this afternoon? Obviously we are going bd tonight but I feel like I'm going to miss my chance this month. I feel like it'll be too late to do the iui. My husband and I were talking and if this month doesn't work, he wants to go straight to IVF instead of wasting another month on iui. This was our 4th month of clomid. We pretty much have unexplained infertility. Just morphology issues with the hubby's swimmers but my RE doesn't think that's the cause since his numbers were really high. What do you ladies think about skipping iui all together and going straight to IVF? We are both so frustrated with over 3 years of ttcing.

I honestly think that's a great idea. My RE refers to that as the "fast track to IVF" and he says he highly recommends it, especially when sperm is a known issue. Although IVF is more costly, your odds are much higher. I know alot of ladies who did 6+ rounds of IUI and afterwards they wished they had just used the money towards IVF in the first place. Its completely your decision of course but I'm all for skipping iui. And morphology issues won't be much of an issue doing iui as well, since you can do ICIS for fertilization. I didn't have the opportunity to do iui because of tubal issues but if I did have the choice, after 2 1/2 yrs, I would have gone straight to IVF still. I hope everything works out for you guys soon, I really do!

I do hope you get a natural surprise BFP this cycle though! That would be amazing!

On Wednesday if your RE says you haven't Oed yet, do you think you'll still try the iui? Or thinking about skipping this month regardless and going straight to IVF? Just curious.. I know you'll make the right decision for YOU regardless of which path you take. GL!

I honestly think that's a great idea. My RE refers to that as the "fast track to IVF" and he says he highly recommends it, especially when sperm is a known issue. Although IVF is more costly, your odds are much higher. I know alot of ladies who did 6+ rounds of IUI and afterwards they wished they had just used the money towards IVF in the first place. Its completely your decision of course but I'm all for skipping iui. And morphology issues won't be much of an issue doing iui as well, since you can do ICIS for fertilization. I didn't have the opportunity to do iui because of tubal issues but if I did have the choice, after 2 1/2 yrs, I would have gone straight to IVF still. I hope everything works out for you guys soon, I really do!

I do hope you get a natural surprise BFP this cycle though! That would be amazing!

On Wednesday if your RE says you haven't Oed yet, do you think you'll still try the iui? Or thinking about skipping this month regardless and going straight to IVF? Just curious.. I know you'll make the right decision for YOU regardless of which path you take. GL!

Thank you so much! If I haven't o'd yet, I might as well just do the iui this month and if it doesn't work I'm really thinking IVF might be the path we will take! But a bfp this month would be absolutely amazing!

I think it's a great idea. See how this cycle goes and if it's a no go, go ahead with the ivf. I did two rounds of Clomid and now I'm waiting to start ivf in August / September. Good luck with it all :)

Thanks ladies! I'm trying to stay hopeful that everything will work out this month and if not we will make that decision when we get there. We are definitely leaning toward ivf though!

I think it's a great idea. See how this cycle goes and if it's a no go, go ahead with the ivf. I did two rounds of Clomid and now I'm waiting to start ivf in August / September. Good luck with it all :)

Good luck!! Hope it works for you!

I only did 3 IUIs and then just jumped to IVF. So glad I did. I got a BFP on the first try. My insurance doesn't cover anything, so it wasn't like if I waited and did more IUIs, IVF would have been cheaper, so I talked with my doctor, we skipped medicated IUIs and just went straight to IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->