Gold fish help

sophxx

Reaction score
My oh bought lo a biorb tank the biggest one they do. At the moment he has a gold fish in and a shawl of zebra fish the gold fish has started going balck it has black on it giles round it's mouth and on it's tail I did a water and filter change as I read it could be ammonia burns but he seems to be getting worse we've only had the tank 3 weeks and I'm totally clueless we have sone other fish on order but I don't want to add these after the 28day gap it says for them to be Ill

Is there anything I can do? Xx

But it's not dead yet we have on order mire expensive fish as you can only add so many every 28 days but I don't want to ad them for them to get what ever is wrong with the goldfish as there expensive that's why I asked if anyone else had had the same problem

We had a bio orb a good few years ago, don't remember any fish doing that though.

They do like to try and swim down the tube though!

How big is the fish tank ? Goldfish should only really be in ponds and not in a Bio Orb because the tanks are not big enough, also -how many danios have you got ? I have a 42l tank and have 4 minnows and 1 danio. Up until this weekend I had 6 minnows and 2 danios but lost 3 fish over 3 days. When I restock I will probably just get a couple of danios and the tank will then be at capacity.

Keeping a goldfish in a small bowl will stunt their growth and make them ill, also too many fish in a tank will make them ill and kill them off. With a new tank, it needs to cycle before any fishes are added and you need to take readings to make sure the levels are safe for the fish.

I think the rule is 1 inch of fish per 1 gallon of water. I only got my tank a couple of months ago but I got loads of help from some of the knowledgeable ladies on here - I had a post about it so will try and find it for you.

It's a fan tail goldfish ( just looked it up lol) the guy at the aquarium said it's fine to go in as it's a starter fish

It's a 60l tank. X

sounds like burns, what are your water test results? keep doing a water change of 20% everyday.
Bio Orb tanks are rubbish as a pp said they just arnt big enough.

Our tanks massive its not one of the round ball one its really tall and wide I would post a link but can't get the playbook to do it. I've realized oh didn't read the instructions when he set itup and never washed the stoned so the filter was blocked hence whyhe got the burns. X

It is. They advice says it can have two shawls which is 12 tiny fish and two to 3 large fish. It's the biggest tank they make surely no one would pay 400 pound for a tank that fit one fish? Any way the fish has fin root. So looks like it had it when we bought it. X

Gold fish are messy fish as well. The amount of waste they produce will really affect your water quality which will have an impact on the health of your fish.

What Tina said. Goldfish are mass producers of waste too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->