Gonal Girls

Well she said this medication she gave me should take care of it. She didn't want to use lupron on me to down reg because I am very high risk of OHSS...she said if she sees that I might get OHSS she will have me trigger with lupron instead of HCG, which will keep the OHSS at bay. She will not be able to do this if she uses lupron to down reg. I see why she did it this way because if I do form OHSS and I am back here in the Bahamas I might be in trouble so she is being very careful and keeping lupron in her back pocket.

Interesting! I had moderate OHSS my first IVF, but strangely enough using the lupron in the protocol kept it at bay :shrug: I actually had fewer follicles and lower estrogen and better quality eggs that way. I have mild PCOS though so maybe that was why the lupron was helpful? We are all different and so we have to trust in our FS's that they know what they are doing! Definitely having the ability to use lupron as a trigger is good. The alternative is using albumin during ER to keep it at bay. OHSS is not pleasant, so avoiding it is a good idea! :). Can't wait to hear when you get to start!!!

Well not a very good FS visit today. :sad1: She only measured 2 follies one at about a 7 and the other a 9. This is my 5th round of Gonal and she made the comment of "you have been on it for a while"....so she is wanting to add something else. I don't know what just yet I'm waiting on them to call me. They have to work out what my insurance will cover and get in in to the pharmacy. Just feeling a little bummed. Last month I did so well at the 225 that she had to lower it and now my body isn't cooperating. :cry: Just feeling very frustrated and like this will never happen for us. But on a good note my cyst is gone! Woo hoo I was worried about that little bugger! It was 10 on cd3 and she said it's gone now. So that's something to be happy for I suppose. :happydance:

Well not a very good FS visit today. :sad1: She only measured 2 follies one at about a 7 and the other a 9. This is my 5th round of Gonal and she made the comment of "you have been on it for a while"....so she is wanting to add something else. I don't know what just yet I'm waiting on them to call me. They have to work out what my insurance will cover and get in in to the pharmacy. Just feeling a little bummed. Last month I did so well at the 225 that she had to lower it and now my body isn't cooperating. :cry: Just feeling very frustrated and like this will never happen for us. But on a good note my cyst is gone! Woo hoo I was worried about that little bugger! It was 10 on cd3 and she said it's gone now. So that's something to be happy for I suppose. :happydance:

Not sure if they have Menopur and Bravelle where you are? Those medicines are not cheap (hopefully covered) but they seem have worked well for me. The Menopur helps the follies grow, and the Bravelle helps cultivate multiple follicles to grow. They only used Bravelle in my IVF cycles, but Menopur I have used with Gonal F in an IUI. They can also combine femara or clomid with Gonal F I believe. However I think that femara is better as it doesn't thin the lining? I hope you get some answers!!! GL! Have you considered IVF?

Hello gonal girls, I am new to thus thread & have only just started my first round of puregon FSH injections. I'm on day 3, I am not having IUI, hoping to ovulate naturally or get the trigger shot & conceive naturally. Anyone else at the same stage as me? Baby dust to you all:thumbup:

I am crushed. :cry: She wanted to add menopur but my insurance won't cover it. I guess some people have tried to beat the system by saying they are doing IUI but instead doing IVF so that some of the meds will be paid for. She upped my gonal to 300 but there's not really anywhere to go from here. She basically said if this cycle doesn't work then she wants us to come in and discuss IVF.....which we can't afford. She told me at my consultation that it is $15,000. So basically if this cycle doesn't work we're on our own again.

Hello gonal girls, I am new to thus thread & have only just started my first round of puregon FSH injections. I'm on day 3, I am not having IUI, hoping to ovulate naturally or get the trigger shot & conceive naturally. Anyone else at the same stage as me? Baby dust to you all:thumbup:

I'm doing a FET in another 4-5 weeks, but I have done 3 IUIs and 2 were with Gonal F!!! :dust: to you!! If you ovulate on your own, then hopefully this will give you the boost you need :thumbup:

I am crushed. :cry: She wanted to add menopur but my insurance won't cover it. I guess some people have tried to beat the system by saying they are doing IUI but instead doing IVF so that some of the meds will be paid for. She upped my gonal to 300 but there's not really anywhere to go from here. She basically said if this cycle doesn't work then she wants us to come in and discuss IVF.....which we can't afford. She told me at my consultation that it is $15,000. So basically if this cycle doesn't work we're on our own again.

Amber - yes IVF is expensive but I bet it would be more successful. Have you looked into clinics that allow you to do 2-3 cycles and if they don't work you get your $$ back? Or some have special rates. With your issues, I would suggest PGD as well. It allows them to select the genetically sound embryos and only place them back. I guess 15,000 is about right, I think mine was about 7,800 for the IVF + 1,200 for ICSI + 4,000 for the meds + 1500 for the sperm, and optionally another 4,800 for the PGD. I do think it would give you the best chance. :shrug: Here is hoping that this last cycle is the ONE!! :dust:

Amber would you be willing to do a IVF vacation. There is a clinic in upstate NY which has great pricing. check out cnyfertility.com.....I checked them out and know quite a few women on this forum who got pregnant with them.

Thank you ladies. At this point I don't know where we will be going if this cycle is a bust. We will go in for the consult if need be and maybe ask about grants or financing or something. She had originally suggested IVF with genetics to select out the right one but I told her we couldn't afford it so she went with the IUI with TI since our insurance would cover that. But now I just don't know.

I'm doing a FET in another 4-5 weeks, but I have done 3 IUIs and 2 were with Gonal F!!! :dust: to you!! If you ovulate on your own, then hopefully this will give you the boost you need :thumbup:

Thankyou! I hope so too because if this doesn't work after 3-6 months I will be on the ivf road. They missed out the clomid step because I have high LH and they said normally people don't respond to it with this. I think I ovulate on my own because when I had my last u/s scan she said it looked like a follicle had ovulated because it was crumpled. I've never got a reading on an OPK though. Good luck for 4-5 weeks time!! Xx

hey everyone,started my Gonal F today, he started me off very low at 37.5 because I always have a lot of little follicles, I don't have pcos, but maybe pco without the s, so he is treating me as if I have pcos, so we dont have ohss, had to sign a whole sheet of things about the risk including ( dunno how to say this in English) dropping some eggs if there are high order multiples, the shots are not sore at all, DH does them really well as he is diabetic and its just like an insulin pen. so I do this for 4 days then do a blood test and ultrasound and we see from there what to do if to up the meds or whatever is going to happen. my doctor said he would like to see a lining of 8 to 11, and 2 at the most three follicles. I am doing iui as its got a better chance than gonal f alone. I am nervous, we only have 3 shots at this before moving to ivf. I really hope it goes well. Am still trying to learn who everyone is on the thread but am happy to be here, its nice to have ladies to talk to.

Did our IUI today hubby had 186 million sperm after the wash and 76% fast moving sperms...they want it above 50% I guess...so all is good with him! So hopefully one of those get to my one egg!! :/

great news sugar! fxed for you!

Cupcake - fxed for you also hun!

Great news!!!! I now have 6 good looking follies! 12, two at 14, two at 15, and 16!! And my estrogen went from 150 to 1436! I never knew that injection site would make things so different! I was doing them higher on my thigh because the nurse (not my regular nurse) told me anywhere above a hand length from the knee and I wasn't responding very well as of last Thursday but went in today after going back to original position about a hand length from my knee and much better progress! I go back in Thursday and will probably trigger Friday. Wishing super sticky baby dust to you all!!!

Great news!!!! I now have 6 good looking follies! 12, two at 14, two at 15, and 16!! And my estrogen went from 150 to 1436! I never knew that injection site would make things so different! I was doing them higher on my thigh because the nurse (not my regular nurse) told me anywhere above a hand length from the knee and I wasn't responding very well as of last Thursday but went in today after going back to original position about a hand length from my knee and much better progress! I go back in Thursday and will probably trigger Friday. Wishing super sticky baby dust to you all!!!

WOW! That is amazing! Who knew? I'm glad you have so many follies, sounds very promising :happydance: Did they say when they would trigger? Probably another few days?

I am really not feeling very good, I don't know if its the gonal f or a virus but I feel tired and my stomach is going crazy, and my sides are starting to hurt. My asthma was also really suffering for a few days but its calmed down. I looked all this stuff up and I see its all side effects but not sure if it really is or is like I said a virus. Does anyone else feel anything?

I am really not feeling very good, I don't know if its the gonal f or a virus but I feel tired and my stomach is going crazy, and my sides are starting to hurt. My asthma was also really suffering for a few days but its calmed down. I looked all this stuff up and I see its all side effects but not sure if it really is or is like I said a virus. Does anyone else feel anything?

Hey cupcake, I think that it is normal to feel like this. It probably isn't a direct side effect of the gonal f, but a side effect of the process itself. I have found that during a cycle my stress level is extremely high and sometimes the stress causes my stomach to get upset. Conversely it could be the flu. Either way, it is very normal to feel pretty crappy during the cycle. Fatigue is definitely a side effect of the meds though. If you are really concerned, I'd call the FS, they will know how best to counsel you. :dust:

Hey cupcake, I think that it is normal to feel like this. It probably isn't a direct side effect of the gonal f, but a side effect of the process itself. I have found that during a cycle my stress level is extremely high and sometimes the stress causes my stomach to get upset. Conversely it could be the flu. Either way, it is very normal to feel pretty crappy during the cycle. Fatigue is definitely a side effect of the meds though. If you are really concerned, I'd call the FS, they will know how best to counsel you. :dust:

thanks hun, more of a moan really, I know that the meds for sure have some side effects and I have to just suffer through them, unless its really bad and I am worried about ohss, but at this stage its not that bad , going for my first u/s blood test tomorrow so well see whats there

thanks hun, more of a moan really, I know that the meds for sure have some side effects and I have to just suffer through them, unless its really bad and I am worried about ohss, but at this stage its not that bad , going for my first u/s blood test tomorrow so well see whats there

OHSS is very rare in IUIs, if your estrogen level reaches OHSS level they will probably cancel the IUI as you have too many follicles ready for ovulation and it is too risky. So I doubt that is the issue (unless you are doing IVF). Plus OHSS wouldn't manifest itself until you are closer to your ovulation date. Your estrogen levels won't be anywhere near OHSS levels at the beginning of your cycle.

I would just put it down to nerves, they get the best of us! Try to relax if you can, get some light exercise, go for a massage, acupuncture, yoga, whatever you do to help you relax. That should help!!

If you are having serious issues (vomiting, diarrhea, or anything else like that) make sure you call the FS, as I don't think that is normal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->