• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gonal Girls

Dblue...are you guys still going to try this cycle even though its been cancelled? or just wait til next cycle?

I think we may just try it the old fashion way :sex: LOL and see what happens. I usually don't ovulate on my own, so only time will tell.

Cycle has been canceled. :-( Too many follicles.

It's been a while since I've been on this board as I've moved onto to IVF, but I still lurk (especially now cuz I'm on the 2ww!!). Just wanted to say that your situation sounds a lot like a gal who used to post here named "chiles". If I'm remembering correctly her cycle was cancelled for too many follies and she threw caution to the wind, did the deed and got pregnant with a singleton. If you back up to around page 80 or so I think you might be able to read her story. I apologize in advance if I'm off my rocker...I just thought you could use some good news!!

Turkey you beat me to it! I was going to mention Chiles too! dbluett, at TTC baby mentioned, is it possible to convert to IVF? FirstTry, a woman on another thread (that may have been here too at one time) converted to IVF. Sadly it ended in a MC, but she did get pregnant initially. It would be a shame to waste all those beautiful follicles! If you can't convert, then definitely :sex:! You could end up getting pregnant, stranger things have happend. :dust:

Went for blood work yesterday at 9dpo and my estrogen was 141.8 and progesterone 10.64. Not sure how I'm feeling as these numbers are just above what they want to see. If the witch doesn't show up first then my hcg test is Friday. I've done good at not buying/wasting any HPT. Even though I really really want to!!!

Sorry dbluett about the canceled cycle! I'm with everyone else at least bd you never know what can happen!!!

Went for blood work yesterday at 9dpo and my estrogen was 141.8 and progesterone 10.64. Not sure how I'm feeling as these numbers are just above what they want to see. If the witch doesn't show up first then my hcg test is Friday. I've done good at not buying/wasting any HPT. Even though I really really want to!!!

Sorry dbluett about the canceled cycle! I'm with everyone else at least bd you never know what can happen!!!

Good luck! Are you doing any supplementation? With progesterone?

It's been a while since I've been on this board as I've moved onto to IVF, but I still lurk (especially now cuz I'm on the 2ww!!). Just wanted to say that your situation sounds a lot like a gal who used to post here named "chiles". If I'm remembering correctly her cycle was cancelled for too many follies and she threw caution to the wind, did the deed and got pregnant with a singleton. If you back up to around page 80 or so I think you might be able to read her story. I apologize in advance if I'm off my rocker...I just thought you could use some good news!!

Turkey you beat me to it! I was going to mention Chiles too! dbluett, at TTC baby mentioned, is it possible to convert to IVF? FirstTry, a woman on another thread (that may have been here too at one time) converted to IVF. Sadly it ended in a MC, but she did get pregnant initially. It would be a shame to waste all those beautiful follicles! If you can't convert, then definitely :sex:! You could end up getting pregnant, stranger things have happend. :dust:

We can not afford IVF right now :-(

Yes alicatt I'm on crinone twice a day.

Ohhh.. that is why your p4 isn't that high. Crinone doesn't enter your blood as much as PIO (progesterone in oil) shots. So it wouldn't necessarily raise your p4 too high.

Did they say why they didn't like those numbers?

Oh no, that is too bad, the cost of IVF is generally speaking 1/4 meds, 1/4 for the cycle management (US and blood work) and then 1/2 for the ER and ET and the embryologist work. So you were 1/2 way there with the costs! Sometimes I really hate infertility! :grr: Since you had such a great response to the meds. Well here is to hoping that :sex: will do the trick! :thumbup:

Oh no, that is too bad, the cost of IVF is generally speaking 1/4 meds, 1/4 for the cycle management (US and blood work) and then 1/2 for the ER and ET and the embryologist work. So you were 1/2 way there with the costs! Sometimes I really hate infertility! :grr: Since you had such a great response to the meds. Well here is to hoping that :sex: will do the trick! :thumbup:

We have been advised we should abstain from :sex:. But i honestly dont see why it will hurt. I generally have trouble o'ing on my own anyways, so maybe just one or two eggs will release. So i think we will countine to :sex:. LOL

dbluett - ya I think the FS has to tell you not to. They don't want to be liable if you end up with quints or something crazy :wacko: I think you have to look at your own odds, and discuss with your DH. The whole reason we are working with a FS and doing IUIs or IVFs is because we are unable to get this done on our own, and there is some underlying issue. In reality I'm not so sure you would ovulate all of them anyway, maybe 2-3? So maybe you'll end up with twins? If you do decide to do it, make sure you have discussed the option of selective reduction with your DH. My FS made me think about it and decide what my feelings were on that subject before we did any risky business. Selective reduction is for those that when/if they have 4+ embryos implant, whether they want to have 1 or more removed. They usually do initial testing to determine if they are chromosomally intact, and if there is one that is not, then they would remove that one. However it is a very sensitive subject and one that not everyone agrees with. So before you :sex: make sure you guys are OK with whatever happens. I think the chances are pretty good you'll get pregnant (if you ovulate) but relatively slim that you'll have more than 2. IMO. :shrug: Stranger things have happened!

alicatt it's not that they don't like the numbers they want to see progesterone above 10 and estrogen above 100. I just don't feel too hopeful with those numbers. I have this nagging feeling that af will show tomorrow I don't know why, I just do. I'm not feeling either way really but that would just be my luck then I will be going to the Dr on Friday anyway but for day 3 instead of my hcg test. Hoping this feeling is wrong.

alicatt it's not that they don't like the numbers they want to see progesterone above 10 and estrogen above 100. I just don't feel too hopeful with those numbers. I have this nagging feeling that af will show tomorrow I don't know why, I just do. I'm not feeling either way really but that would just be my luck then I will be going to the Dr on Friday anyway but for day 3 instead of my hcg test. Hoping this feeling is wrong.

Ya.. I understand. Well hopefully you get a nice surprise!! How do you feel? Not that I've ever been pregnant, but I can usually feel when AF is approaching, my lower back starts to get really sore, and I get irritable too. So much fun.. not!

Amber - How are you doing today? Just out of curiosity how many DPO / IUI did your RE bring you in for the progesterone and estrogen test? I'm asking because my RE has never done any post O tests on me and I'm considering just having them done myself.

Good luck, Friday seems so far away. AFM - just wishing this 2ww would hurry up already.

bonnotron yes I always go in 3 times after I O to check estrogen and progesterone and some other things that they don't release to me. One a few days after O to make sure I did then again a few days later and then one last time at about 2 weeks after O for my HCG test.

alicatt it's hard to say....I don't really feel either way. But I just feel in my gut that AF will show today....it's just my luck. The furthest I have made it past O on a medicated cycle is 11DPO and that's today.

bonnotron yes I always go in 3 times after I O to check estrogen and progesterone and some other things that they don't release to me. One a few days after O to make sure I did then again a few days later and then one last time at about 2 weeks after O for my HCG test.

alicatt it's hard to say....I don't really feel either way. But I just feel in my gut that AF will show today....it's just my luck. The furthest I have made it past O on a medicated cycle is 11DPO and that's today.

HMM.. Have you tried alternative methods of progesterone supplementation? Like the shots or the pills? Maybe a combination of the 2? There is also a different type of progesterone suppository that is called endometium (sp). Or in Canada they offered me these other ones that are liquid but you freeze them and then use those? I think? I never got to try them, so I'm not sure exactly what they are exactly. When I was doing IUIs with Gonal F in Canada they tested my progesterone at 7DPO and it was always over 20 so they were like, you don't need supplementation. It is funny, with IVF and FET you don't have your own so I need supplementation but even with that it isn't much higher than I normally am, its usually between 45-60 with the PIO shots.

I was about 6dpo my first test and my progesterone was greater than 60. That was Friday and yesterday it was only the 10 something.

I was about 6dpo my first test and my progesterone was greater than 60. That was Friday and yesterday it was only the 10 something.

WOW, that is interesting. They've never tested my progesterone after 6-8dpo so I have no idea if it dropped like that :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->