• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gonal Girls

I do know that progesterone is supposed to taper off towards the end of the cycle but that seems like a drastic drop. I would ask your RE about that one.

I do know that progesterone is supposed to taper off towards the end of the cycle but that seems like a drastic drop. I would ask your RE about that one.

It is only supposed to drop if you go off the progesterone supplementation and you are not pregnant. It should stay nice and high until you stop using it. In a normal cycle it would drop naturally and that signals your body to have AF. If you are pregnant it will stay high, as that is what nourishes the embryo until the placenta takes over.

well I went for my first u/s to check my follicles today and I go back Tuesday to check them again...I had 2 or 3 @10...so we will see what Tuesday brings...ill be continuing my dosage til then every night :)

Ok so a bit of a roller coaster for me. Got a :bfn: on Friday. I was so hopeful so I was very upset. Got the :witch: on Saturday so went in today for my baseline. Had a cyst that measured 10 but since it was smaller than 12 she let me start this cycle. I'm starting back at 225 of gonal and I go back Friday to see how things are going. Hoping this will be our month.

This is my first cycle that I've had a cyst worth measuring anyone know what it will do with the meds? Will it get bigger or maybe just go away? Just curious what anyone elses experiences may have been. I'm just hoping it doesn't hang around and screw up next month if this cycle isn't the one.....but obviously I'm hoping it will be the one lol!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Hi Everyone :)
My name is Kristin and I will soon be starting my first injectable cycle. I will be using gonal-f and ovidrel combined with an iui. A little bit about me...I have been with my husband of 6 months since the first week of highschool. We have been together for 9 years so we feel more than ready to start a family together. I was on birth control pills for 5 years. I stopped them in 2011 and never had a cycle after that. I used provera a few times to start AF. I am 5'2 and overweight. I was told I have PCOS in October 2011. I have recently tried 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of Clomid and did not ovulate with any of the doses. My husband is getting a SA done this week and I will get an HSG done next week. I had my AMH level tested and it was 7.3. My doctor is going to start me at a very low dose because she is concerned about overstimulation and multiples. If anyone has any advice/information it would be very helpful! I hope that injectables will help us get the miracle we all deserve! Best of luck to everyone.

Welcome Kristin! :hi: Good luck with your first cycle! Feel free to ask any questions!!

sugarpi hope the doc gives you good news. Maybe one of the others can play catch up.

AFM nothing new just on day 2 of meds and feeling some action in my ovaries already lol! Go back in Friday to see what they are up to. Sure hope that cyst behaves!

He is uping my dosage to 112.5 so ill be doing that tonight and tomorrow and then go back Thursday...to check again. So hoping I get more than one big one!!

hey everyone, I am starting injectables this cycle, I have had 4 iui's, two natural, two with clomid ( 50,75) but my lining was too thin on clomid. I have secondary infertility , and its unexplained, I have been pregnant on my own 3 times, two are my boys, and one I lost at 7.5 weeks. I have been ttc for a year since my Mc with no luck. I think the doctor is going to put me on Gonal F, seems the most readily available where I live. I did ovitrelle last cycle so I am not afraid of the shots, just would like to hear what cd you started on, does it make a difference what cd you start on, what dose did you start on ( i ovulate on my own), how many follies did you get on it, why Gonal F and not Puregon which I understand to be the same thing? Thanks and good luck to us all x

Hi cupcake! I assume you trust your doctor, but I'm a little concerned about you being on gonal-f if you already ovulate on your own. Gonal-f is follicle stimulating hormone, so just be sure that you're being checked every couple of days and keep a close eye on things so you don't overstimulate. I would definitely start at a low dose. I think 75iU is pretty common to start.

I think most people start meds on cd3, but my last gonal-f cycle I couldn't get meds in time and I started on cd5. I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference.

Good luck! I hope it all goes really well!!!

Hi cupcake! I assume you trust your doctor, but I'm a little concerned about you being on gonal-f if you already ovulate on your own. Gonal-f is follicle stimulating hormone, so just be sure that you're being checked every couple of days and keep a close eye on things so you don't overstimulate. I would definitely start at a low dose. I think 75iU is pretty common to start.

I think most people start meds on cd3, but my last gonal-f cycle I couldn't get meds in time and I started on cd5. I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference.

Good luck! I hope it all goes really well!!!

thanks, I have already been monitoring with ultrasounds every other day for ovulation from cd 10, so assuming this will be pretty much like that, I am not even sure how many they go ahead with , usually i have one leading follicle with no meds, on clomid 50 I only had 1 still, on clomid 75 I had one lead at 22 and 2 at 16 before hcg shot, so probably 3 there. I dont know the chances of multiples? I am assuming its high on these meds and I dont mind multiples eihter, my only concern is carrying a safe pregnancy. Do doctors have a certain amount of follicles they are willing to go ahead with?

Chance of multiples is much higher than on clomid, although I can't think of the exact percentage now. I'm sure some of the other ladies on here know off the top of their head.

It seems that every doctor is different as to where they'll draw the line. Some do at 3. I think it just depends on the patient. My doctor was nervous about 2, but she wasn't about to cancel the cycle.

Can anyone tell me if you are more prone to develop cysts on Gonal F then follistim or Bravelle? I am concerned as I did have 2 cysts on my second IUI on Gonal but was fine on my first cycle. My RE has me taking Gonal for my first IVF, which was just postponed because of yet another cyst.

Any information would help me greatly thank you!

Can anyone tell me if you are more prone to develop cysts on Gonal F then follistim or Bravelle? I am concerned as I did have 2 cysts on my second IUI on Gonal but was fine on my first cycle. My RE has me taking Gonal for my first IVF, which was just postponed because of yet another cyst.

Any information would help me greatly thank you!

HEHE :haha: This is where I heard that there is a higher risk of cysts on Gonal F. I forgot you had been on this thread before :haha: Just ask your FS, I think it is personal preference for them as to which you use. My FS in Canada used a combination of Gonal F and Menopur, my FS here does Menopur and Bravelle (at least for me). I didn't mean to worry you, I would just ask your FS if cysts are a side effect of Gonal F and if so, then maybe have them switch you to something else?

hehehe, yes well you can imagine I am already stressed out with the delay of my cycle! So I did send her an email and will wait on her response.

Hi ladies,

I'm just checking in to see how everyone's doing.
Ali - I hope you are getting close to your next cycle?
Amber - good luck with the next cycle!
ttc - I hope the cyst goes away. I am hoping they don't see any cysts tomorrow so I can start stimming.
sugarpi - good luck with your cycle, I hope you get more follicles growing!
cupcake - I wish I had that many follicles at my IUIs; my FS is very conservative and wouldn't let me have more than 2.

:dust:

G/L tomorrow Miz! Have you been on BCPs or anything? I think my BCPs just weren't strong enough.

hehehe, yes well you can imagine I am already stressed out with the delay of my cycle! So I did send her an email and will wait on her response.

Who knows.. Lots of FS's use Gonal F without issues. Besides, using Gonal F won't delay this cycle further, just future cycles possibly? :shrug:

Worth asking if it is the Gonal F that is causing them or something else. I know that with IVF they can use Lupron in addition to BCP to do what they call down-regging which basically stops any hormone production, and you can't form cysts! So maybe that is what she should be doing with you? :shrug:

Let's see what she says!!

Hi ladies,

I'm just checking in to see how everyone's doing.
Ali - I hope you are getting close to your next cycle?
Amber - good luck with the next cycle!
ttc - I hope the cyst goes away. I am hoping they don't see any cysts tomorrow so I can start stimming.
sugarpi - good luck with your cycle, I hope you get more follicles growing!
cupcake - I wish I had that many follicles at my IUIs; my FS is very conservative and wouldn't let me have more than 2.

:dust:

Thanks Mizuno!!

I finally got to do the biopsy earlier this week. Not pleasant, but complete.
Now we wait :coffee: for the results. I'm on lupron to basically turn off my hormones so that we can just start the cycle as soon as the results are in. They said 2-3 weeks from the date of the biopsy so I still have 1.5-2.5 weeks left :wacko: I hope it is sooner, and I hope the results are good! If they are bad, well then we have to do the test again :nope:

Well she said this medication she gave me should take care of it. She didn't want to use lupron on me to down reg because I am very high risk of OHSS...she said if she sees that I might get OHSS she will have me trigger with lupron instead of HCG, which will keep the OHSS at bay. She will not be able to do this if she uses lupron to down reg. I see why she did it this way because if I do form OHSS and I am back here in the Bahamas I might be in trouble so she is being very careful and keeping lupron in her back pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->