Gonal Girls

so just for amusement i drew up what i had left in the two vials.. nearly 400 iu. neednt have freaked out saturday.. and quite frankly wish i hadnt cause now ive got an extra unused box of gonal f...

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? Just finished my first cycle on Gonal F and IUI was cancelled due to over stim :( RE wants to move straight to IVF given my age. I wonder if it's worth it to try low and slow another cycle on Gonal F. I was on 75iu, bumped to 150iu then bumped to 225iu, back down to 150iu and cancelled. I stimmed for 20 days. I'm thinking next one just stay on 75iu for the whole time. I really, really don't want to do IVF.

Can't add a signature but I'm 38, DH is 40. I've got PCOS, his stats are great thankfully. TTC since 5/2008.

Hi!!!!
I just had a cancelled cycle due to not responding but I am a very slow responder. (pcos) I am very younger than you though. My Re cancelled my cycle early because I had no mature follies on cd 15 and I tooked provera and induced my cycle (i dont ovulate on my own and i usually use triggers) and on my cd 3 u/s ended up with cysts. 8 over 19 mm so i had to cancel that cycle as well and take bc pills to shrink the cysts.

I have a question? do you ovulate on your own? I would still BD if your follies were mature enough.

I think giving Gonal another shot is a great idea and stay at 75 iu. GL!!!!

so just for amusement i drew up what i had left in the two vials.. nearly 400 iu. neednt have freaked out saturday.. and quite frankly wish i hadnt cause now ive got an extra unused box of gonal f...

That sucks! I had to order one as backup and didn't touch it. But better safe then sorry I guess.

Hello ladies,
good luck to those who are having scans and those that are currently taking the meds. I am now day 4 of meds (day 5 in the cycle). I have taken 75iu of gonal F religiously every morning and I went for my scan today, I have 5 follicles/cysts, 4 on the right and 1 on the left. I am having a rescan on Thursday afternoon, my OBGYN consultant is scanning me and she would like me to continue at the current dose and will review it on Thursday.
Side effects so far include extreme tiredness, I went to bed at 7.30 yesterday! And AF has come with a vengenance, its definitely a flood down there, apart from those just on and off abdominal twinges but nil other side effects to report.
Fingers crossed that 1-2 grow and that they implant :)

Hey ladies.

My ovulation was triggered last Monday (March 26) and my husband and I BD Monday and Tuesday. Today, a week later (April 2) I have some bleeding. Could this be implantation bleeding? I was not having regular periods before, so I have no idea when my period would come normally.

Apparently implantation bleeding is usually brownish and this is a lot brighter. Going crazy right now....

Really? I've read the opposite...that IB is usually very bright and not brown and lasts a very short time, like 24 hours give or take. The two reasons that I know of for bleeding at this time are IB or low progesterone. Are you taking progesterone suppositories or have you had your blood levels tested? In theory though, with a strong ovulation from injections, your progesterone should be fine...so FX for IB!!!

Thanks for the good wishes! I spoke to my doctor this morning and he's not sure what's going on. It's too early for a period but seems to heavy to be implantation bleeding. It's not a heavy flow, but I have to use something to protect my underwear... I am not taking progesterone, and my doc was not too sure, so I'll have to wait another week or so to see...

That sucks! I had to order one as backup and didn't touch it. But better safe then sorry I guess.

I'm with ya girls! I have 2 unopened boxes. Pretty expensive paper weights! :haha:

Well, I had one 14 mm, two 12mm, two 11mm and one 10mm. That wasn't the issue. The problem was my E2 went from 651 to 1939 overnight. Not good. They consider overstimming to be over 1000. I also had 44 smaller follicles between both ovaries and some were close to reaching 10mm.

After no response on 75iu for a week they upped me to 150iu for 3 days. E2 wasn't climbing so I did 225 for 4 days and then back down to 150iu. My E2 literally didn't start ascending till 4 days before I was cancelled. I also attribute it to not having the same RE seeing the results with each appointment. Each RE is in the office only 2 days a week so if you're there on that day you get whoeve is covering and they make the decision.

RE is willing to do injectables again lower dose longer although she doesn't seem to think it will work. She is a PCOS expert so I do trust her but not sure I'm ready to give up on this yet. On the other hand I'm 38 and don't have time to waste. I called the insurance company today and they need a specific piece of paper before they will do the IVF review so I'm faxing it tomorrow.

I've got two boxes of GonalF and one ovidrel never used so I hope they don't go to waste! AF will show sometime next week probably but normally I don't get AF until I do a round of provera.

Well, I had one 14 mm, two 12mm, two 11mm and one 10mm. That wasn't the issue. The problem was my E2 went from 651 to 1939 overnight. Not good. They consider overstimming to be over 1000. I also had 44 smaller follicles between both ovaries and some were close to reaching 10mm.

After no response on 75iu for a week they upped me to 150iu for 3 days. E2 wasn't climbing so I did 225 for 4 days and then back down to 150iu. My E2 literally didn't start ascending till 4 days before I was cancelled. I also attribute it to not having the same RE seeing the results with each appointment. Each RE is in the office only 2 days a week so if you're there on that day you get whoeve is covering and they make the decision.

RE is willing to do injectables again lower dose longer although she doesn't seem to think it will work. She is a PCOS expert so I do trust her but not sure I'm ready to give up on this yet. On the other hand I'm 38 and don't have time to waste. I called the insurance company today and they need a specific piece of paper before they will do the IVF review so I'm faxing it tomorrow.

I've got two boxes of GonalF and one ovidrel never used so I hope they don't go to waste! AF will show sometime next week probably but normally I don't get AF until I do a round of provera.

Oh wow! That's just interesting all over...the way the follies didn't grow, then took off, the way your doc's office works...

I don't know a lot about IVF, but don't they use the same or similar injections to grow the follies for IVF? How are they going to avoid the same problem?

Hey girls - pretty worried... I am still bleeding (since Monday April 2, so 2 full days now). It's weird because it's a week earlier than my expected period, but seems like too much for implantation bleeding. It's bright red and doesn't seem the same as a regular period. It's not a ton of blood, but enough to need a pad to protect my underwear... Has anyone ever experienced this? The bleeding started 1 week after my ovulation was induced.

got an us at work... 4-5 greater than 2cm ones. about 5 or so 15mm ones (we didnt really measure) and a bunch of smaller ones... iui at 10 am tomorrow.. 36hrs post trigger. i did us last time within 6 hrs after iui that showed the follies gone,.. im off work tomorrow so no fu us (well actually i probably could go by the department where the re doc is because i work there too). getting a sperm count tomorrow.. not much i can do if it sucks but at least id know not to buy more. makes me feel a bit better after being so down this am.

my trigger shot hurts too =( forgot to get a small needle (wellforgot to get a syringe too but had one left from last time). had to use the 22g needle... yowch

Hey girls - pretty worried... I am still bleeding (since Monday April 2, so 2 full days now). It's weird because it's a week earlier than my expected period, but seems like too much for implantation bleeding. It's bright red and doesn't seem the same as a regular period. It's not a ton of blood, but enough to need a pad to protect my underwear... Has anyone ever experienced this? The bleeding started 1 week after my ovulation was induced.

I'm sorry we don't have an answer for you. It is odd that it happening a week after O. I know you say it's a little heavy for spotting but I still say IB or low progesterone.

I'm sorry we don't have an answer for you. It is odd that it happening a week after O. I know you say it's a little heavy for spotting but I still say IB or low progesterone.

Thanks phoenixrose - FX it stops soon!

got an us at work... 4-5 greater than 2cm ones. about 5 or so 15mm ones (we didnt really measure) and a bunch of smaller ones... iui at 10 am tomorrow.. 36hrs post trigger. i did us last time within 6 hrs after iui that showed the follies gone,.. im off work tomorrow so no fu us (well actually i probably could go by the department where the re doc is because i work there too). getting a sperm count tomorrow.. not much i can do if it sucks but at least id know not to buy more. makes me feel a bit better after being so down this am.

my trigger shot hurts too =( forgot to get a small needle (wellforgot to get a syringe too but had one left from last time). had to use the 22g needle... yowch

GL with the IUI tomorrow!

@curliegirl- it could be your period. You may have a LPD. Lutheal phase defect?! You can read up if you like. That don't seem to be implantation bleeding...sorry.

Well I have some good news, and some bad news! Good new is that I got an interview for a job working for the state!!!!! More $$$, and the insurance coverage is the bomb...they cover ivf!!! The bad news is that if I do get this job, I will have to put our baby making on hold :/ I won't know for sure until probably next week what we are going to do. But I know AF is right around the corner.

Chiles - I am just confused because I thought my trigger HCG shot was supposed to help with luteal phase defect...?

It really does not seem like a period. Sorry if this is TMI but it is not thick and dark like my period usually is. This is bright red and there are actual drops of blood. With a period, there are never drops, it's more like a thick stream...

Chiles - are you preparing for a round of IVF?

Omg my insurance approved IVF with no hassles!!! Now I am nervous.

Sucks I have two pens on GonalF that will go to waste, we had ordered more before my cycle canclled

Chiles - I am just confused because I thought my trigger HCG shot was supposed to help with luteal phase defect...?

It really does not seem like a period. Sorry if this is TMI but it is not thick and dark like my period usually is. This is bright red and there are actual drops of blood. With a period, there are never drops, it's more like a thick stream...

Chiles - are you preparing for a round of IVF?

How many DPO are you now? How many days has the bleeding been happening? May e a few more DPO and u can test?

Turns out the sperm is crap. Good count. Crap progression. Ie it just sits there and wiggles. Doc was really discouraging about this cycle. He said I can't say this is why you haven't gotten pregnant but you need a new donor. I'm still kind of hopeful given my crazy number of follicles but...

Turns out the sperm is crap. Good count. Crap progression. Ie it just sits there and wiggles. Doc was really discouraging about this cycle. He said I can't say this is why you haven't gotten pregnant but you need a new donor. I'm still kind of hopeful given my crazy number of follicles but...

I really hope that at least one of those little guys can make it to an egg. They'll be put up there so close, maybe that will help? FX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->