Gonal Girls

ultrasound done. 3 follicles on each side in the greater than 10mm range. no dominant follicle. a few small ones. got e2 drawn and the doc will call me tonight. i go back monday for another us. i also remembered to ask about working out and as i suspected he said be careful with lots of jumping up and down but other than that, no big deal, the risk is super low.

Hey girls!

I am 27 and TTC. Just finished my first round of Gonal-f and I am now in 2 week limbo... I am really scared that I will not be able to conceive this way and that things will have to get a lot more complicated.

I am happy this group exists :)

Norahbattie - what kind of side effects are you having? I sometimes get headaches, but nothing major. The worst part is the inconvenience of having to be at home at a certain time for the injections, so I picked morning for mine so I can get it over with and not have to think about it the rest of the day

Ladies a very daft question indeed, but what time did you all take the gonal F to minimise side effects? I start from tomorrow, so nervous but I really hope it works. Having a scan on day 5

I was also told to do it in the evening, but not because of side effects. Honestly, I haven't had any, none that are noticeable anyway. They told me to do it between 6-9pm but to pick the same time for every night. I do mine at 7:30 every night. This is also so that when they take the measurements during the u/s and the estrogen levels from the blood, it is about the same amount of time since the injection each time they take it. Also, after each time they draw my blood I have to wait until they call me to take the next injection incase they want me to change the dose.

Hey girls!

I am 27 and TTC. Just finished my first round of Gonal-f and I am now in 2 week limbo... I am really scared that I will not be able to conceive this way and that things will have to get a lot more complicated.

I am happy this group exists :)

Welcome Curliegirlie! I'm sure we all completely agree with your fear! I'm on round 2 of 3 and I'm definitely worried about that.

Hey ladies!!! I am just checking in. I am expecting AF next week and will start my new cycle!!!! Been out for 2 months due to an early cancelled cycle and then SURPRISE!!!! slow responder and huge cysts!!! I am excited about this cycle tho :)

Hey ladies!!! I am just checking in. I am expecting AF next week and will start my new cycle!!!! Been out for 2 months due to an early cancelled cycle and then SURPRISE!!!! slow responder and huge cysts!!! I am excited about this cycle tho :)

Yay for a new cycle. It's funny how these medicated cycles can change your views from natural cycles...instead of wanting AF to stay away you can find yourself begging her to come. And instead of hoping you finally get your natural LH surge you may find yourself praying you don't get it so the follies are big enough and you can have the trigger...haha

so apparently my e2 is only 200 something, doc seemed ok with it and said it was early. wants me to keep the same dose of gonal f and start antagonist tomorrow. makes me kinda worry that despite 6 follies some might not have eggs. but he seemed happy with everything. guess ill see monday when i go back

So i am officially a gonal girl now, I took the injection this morning and it wasn't too bad apart from the sting following the injection. I took 75iu today and will continue until day 5 when I go for a scan. I am having this all on the NHS and will be referred for IUI in August, currently living away from husband so its difficult to do IUI at the moment.

Yay for my complete lack of attention to detail. When I ordered my meds for some reason I only got the gonal f 1050 and not the 2 450 vials the doc also ordered. Realized I don't have enough for Sunday. Crap. FedEx doesn't deliver on Sunday so that is out. The mail order pharmacy is looking into local supply for me. Thought he'd be decreasing the dose do I didn't really do the math oh and the nurse told me to only order the 1050. Sigh

So its day 2 today and I have to say injecting was much better today, i used a fanning method and there was no sting afterwards at all!!! WIN!!! Felt incredibly hot yesterday and again this morning but I guess thats one of the side effects, I don't care as long as the outcome is good :)

Hey ladies.

My ovulation was triggered last Monday (March 26) and my husband and I BD Monday and Tuesday. Today, a week later (April 2) I have some bleeding. Could this be implantation bleeding? I was not having regular periods before, so I have no idea when my period would come normally.

Apparently implantation bleeding is usually brownish and this is a lot brighter. Going crazy right now....

Hey ladies.

My ovulation was triggered last Monday (March 26) and my husband and I BD Monday and Tuesday. Today, a week later (April 2) I have some bleeding. Could this be implantation bleeding? I was not having regular periods before, so I have no idea when my period would come normally.

Apparently implantation bleeding is usually brownish and this is a lot brighter. Going crazy right now....

Really? I've read the opposite...that IB is usually very bright and not brown and lasts a very short time, like 24 hours give or take. The two reasons that I know of for bleeding at this time are IB or low progesterone. Are you taking progesterone suppositories or have you had your blood levels tested? In theory though, with a strong ovulation from injections, your progesterone should be fine...so FX for IB!!!

Well, I had my trigger on Saturday night and a 36 hour IUI done this morning. FX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So its day 2 today and I have to say injecting was much better today, i used a fanning method and there was no sting afterwards at all!!! WIN!!! Felt incredibly hot yesterday and again this morning but I guess thats one of the side effects, I don't care as long as the outcome is good :)

I hope you're still getting along good with the injections. Are you still feeling hot? I never really noticed any SE, accept maybe fatigue.

Well ladies I am expecting the witch to show up anyday now :) Sooo I will probably be starting sometime this week :)

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? Just finished my first cycle on Gonal F and IUI was cancelled due to over stim :( RE wants to move straight to IVF given my age. I wonder if it's worth it to try low and slow another cycle on Gonal F. I was on 75iu, bumped to 150iu then bumped to 225iu, back down to 150iu and cancelled. I stimmed for 20 days. I'm thinking next one just stay on 75iu for the whole time. I really, really don't want to do IVF.

Can't add a signature but I'm 38, DH is 40. I've got PCOS, his stats are great thankfully. TTC since 5/2008.

noasaint- how many follies did you have that they canceled? i have a lead one or two and lots of smaller ones. i know they arent gonna us again before iui so.. im good to go. i intended on doing iui regardless of follicle number. i told the doc i am willing to do sr if neccesary (and i am willing, not just saying it.. no interest in being octomom, i just want one healthy baby)

Hi ladies! Mind if I join? Just finished my first cycle on Gonal F and IUI was cancelled due to over stim :( RE wants to move straight to IVF given my age. I wonder if it's worth it to try low and slow another cycle on Gonal F. I was on 75iu, bumped to 150iu then bumped to 225iu, back down to 150iu and cancelled. I stimmed for 20 days. I'm thinking next one just stay on 75iu for the whole time. I really, really don't want to do IVF.

Can't add a signature but I'm 38, DH is 40. I've got PCOS, his stats are great thankfully. TTC since 5/2008.

I'm sorry you're faced with that decision! It's so much more pressure with the age factor. :hugs:

Stimming for 20 days does seem like a long time, so if on 75 the whole time, do you think you'll get enough response? I'm curious as to why they bumped up to 225 during the prior cycle? I would wonder if 150 the entire time would do the trick? (that's what I did this cycle, got three good follicles)

Trying to put myself in your shoes, I would maybe go to the IVF. I know it's invasive and expensive, but I'd really rather not take the chance.

Did your doctor say anything about the plan to try another IUI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->