Gonal Girls

Shareena - Good luck with the beta tomorrow!

Phoenix - yayee to getting started! Are you only using Gonal?

I'm actually using Follistim but it's just a different name brand. But yes, just that. I respond well so I'm on a pretty low dose. Last cycle I started on 75 and would go up and down between 75 and 50; now they started me on 50, but I'm betting they'll have to up it to 75 at some point.

Shareena - Good luck with the beta tomorrow!

Phoenix - yayee to getting started! Are you only using Gonal?

I'm actually using Follistim but it's just a different name brand. But yes, just that. I respond well so I'm on a pretty low dose. Last cycle I started on 75 and would go up and down between 75 and 50; now they started me on 50, but I'm betting they'll have to up it to 75 at some point.

Ok, how often will you go for monitoring? Do they usually monitor with blood and u/s? Did they estimate how many days? Sorry all the questions but you know how many different ways things get done aorund here, lol! I'm figuring you will test by the end of April?

Ok, how often will you go for monitoring? Do they usually monitor with blood and u/s? Did they estimate how many days? Sorry all the questions but you know how many different ways things get done aorund here, lol! I'm figuring you will test by the end of April?

No problem. I go about every other day until the IUI and then I go for the beta. This cycle I had a day 3 u/s on Thurs, then today, Saturday, I had just bloods taken to check progress. They told me to stay on 50. Then I have appointments for Mon, Wed, Fri of which I'll end up with u/s and bloods on each day. Last cycle I think I triggered on day 11 or 12 at night and then had a 36 hour IUI, 2 mornings later. I got AF on the 20th so, yeah, I'll probably have the beta around April 20th. FX.

How about you? How are you holding up?

I'm good, starting to feel a little better. Going to start bcp on Monday for a frozen embryo cycle. Fx'd!

I made a April testers' thread too, check it out and if you want I'll add you for April 20.

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/924733-calling-all-april-testers-tww.html

I would love it if anyone else who is going to cycle in April joins and we get to celebrate all the :bfp:'s together!!!

Well ladies hubby and I sat down this weekend as I am approaching day 28, and thought about it and decided against inducing AF as already there will be 101 hormones going through me when I start taking the gonal F and in the grand scheme of things, 3 weeks to wait is really not that long really as long as it gives the results we all want

Hi ladies, thought I would join your group, as I'm in the middle of my first gonal f IUI cycle. I am CD9 and had my follicle scan this morning. I have three ranging from 16-20mm. I trigger tonight and have my IUI 9am Wednesday morning. I've done 2 other IUIs with femara, but only got one follicle on my 2nd, so my dr wanted to move to injections.

We are technically undiagnosed IF. My husband has morphology on the low end (18% normal using WHO criteria). I ovulate on my own. Been trying since Dec 2010.

Hi ladies, thought I would join your group, as I'm in the middle of my first gonal f IUI cycle. I am CD9 and had my follicle scan this morning. I have three ranging from 16-20mm. I trigger tonight and have my IUI 9am Wednesday morning. I've done 2 other IUIs with femara, but only got one follicle on my 2nd, so my dr wanted to move to injections.

We are technically undiagnosed IF. My husband has morphology on the low end (18% normal using WHO criteria). I ovulate on my own. Been trying since Dec 2010.

What dose of gonal f did you do?

so i did 1 round unmedicated iui, 2 rounds with femara and bfn on all 3.. im single and so im not going into this with 6 or 12 months of bfn.. doc says with only 3 months of neg.. i dont even qualify as infertile.. whatevs.. this is making me nuts.. i think he was kind of pushing to do another month of femara but.. i decided that felt like a holding pattern to me. last month i made 2 great follicles on femara (i ovulate just fine on my own too). lining, was great, iui was within 6 hrs of ovulation (i did us before and after at work which confirmed it) and bfn.. the only unclear point is that ive never had a sperm count on my donor (which doc says is pretty pointless and a waste of money as donors are selected to be high count etc). so.. i decided that i wanted to go to injectibles.. in reading through you guys it seems he has me a on way way high dose 225 of gonal f. i responded really well to femara so it seems odd. but i have no real objection to ivf if i make a zillion follies it is just that i dont see the point to spending that kind of money at this point when im not even diagnosable as infertile. anyway, first injection went fine (well. had trouble getting the needle in til i pinched the flab). fingers crossed this cycle goes well because ive become a total loon which i hate. i think he probably thinks im nuts now (not that he isnt used to people going hormonally crazy but.. i work with him too, and well.. it is complicated).

so i did 1 round unmedicated iui, 2 rounds with femara and bfn on all 3.. im single and so im not going into this with 6 or 12 months of bfn.. doc says with only 3 months of neg.. i dont even qualify as infertile.. whatevs.. this is making me nuts.. i think he was kind of pushing to do another month of femara but.. i decided that felt like a holding pattern to me. last month i made 2 great follicles on femara (i ovulate just fine on my own too). lining, was great, iui was within 6 hrs of ovulation (i did us before and after at work which confirmed it) and bfn.. the only unclear point is that ive never had a sperm count on my donor (which doc says is pretty pointless and a waste of money as donors are selected to be high count etc). so.. i decided that i wanted to go to injectibles.. in reading through you guys it seems he has me a on way way high dose 225 of gonal f. i responded really well to femara so it seems odd. but i have no real objection to ivf if i make a zillion follies it is just that i dont see the point to spending that kind of money at this point when im not even diagnosable as infertile. anyway, first injection went fine (well. had trouble getting the needle in til i pinched the flab). fingers crossed this cycle goes well because ive become a total loon which i hate. i think he probably thinks im nuts now (not that he isnt used to people going hormonally crazy but.. i work with him too, and well.. it is complicated).

Holy crap! 225? I ovulate on my own, but not well, and I'm on 50-75 depending on the day because I respond very well (I also took 50mg clomid for 3 months). Granted, I get 2-3 mature follies. I'm all for more follies but with that dose I would be very concerned about OHSS.

he is having me do 3 days of stimm then come back for us and e2 check

drsquid - welcome to the gonal girls! I agree that 225 iU is a TON! I didn't respond well to femara (even 10mg) and I was on 75 iU and then upped to 125 iU (or was it 150??). I ended up with hyperstimulated ovaries (AFTER my bfp.... the follies that didn't pop kept growing). I'm glad you're getting checked after 3 days, but I would question the high dose. I also believe that you'll have a better chance at a bfp if you let the follies grow a little slower. I don't want to freak you out, but I would make SURE your doc is watching you very, very closely!!

GL drsquid. I hope that your scan goes well.

cridge - your story has given me hope this cycle! I hope gonal does the trick for us.

AFM - IUI this morning went smooth; she said I looked very fertile (which I could tell because WOAH so much EWCM with the gonal). I've been feeling crampy in my ovaries, so it seems we timed it perfectly with ovulation. They said sperm looked excellent; I didn't get counts or anything. Just going to trust that we put our best shot in there and cross my fingers! one or two please, no more than that! When I was in last, she did say because I have three good follicles I have the risk of higher multiples, so now I'm more scared of that. Funny because usually I would just assume that it wouldn't work at all.

i did great on femara with 2 mature follies both cycles. i would worry but the man is hugely into clinical trials, evidence based medicine etc. he could likely quote to me which clinical trial showed what dosage etc. ill only make myself crazy if i second guess it

shot 4 down,, going in at 10 tomorrow to see how it is going, fingers crossed

Well, 8 shots down and I had my 4th u/s (3rd follicular study) done this morning. So far I have an 18mm & 16mm on the right and a 14mm on the left. So, by the time I trigger and O I will probably have 2 mature follies. I have to wait for the blood results to know the next step, but I'll probably trigger tomorrow or Sunday night and then have a 36 IUI. I hope it's at least Sunday night because I want as many mature follies as possible.

Ladies a very daft question indeed, but what time did you all take the gonal F to minimise side effects? I start from tomorrow, so nervous but I really hope it works. Having a scan on day 5

doc told me evening. whatever time i wanted as long as it was the same. i picked 8pm. i do find im tired after the shot. actually each day im more tired and kinda queasy. fingers crossed it is all worth it. heading off for the us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->