Gonal Girls

I think it sounds like you may have ovulated norahbattie. I certainly hope so!

As for me- my cycle was cancelled. :growlmad: I am so disappointed. My scan on CD9 showed that I had 3 follies- 18mm, 16mm, and 14mm and my RE said he would scan me again and trigger the next day. Well, my E2 came back at over 2000 which my RE said indicated more than 3 mature follies (he wanted to see about 300 per follie) and he felt that with my age, the risk for high order multiples is too high. So I didn't trigger and we're not supposed to BD. :cry:

Wanting2010 - what??!!!??!!! you are only 24 and they made you cancel your cycle due to risks of 3 babies, i see their point but what are the chances of all 3 getting fertilised and implanting...very low i would say!! i would not listen to the doctors and BD anyway but thats me :) !!!
When did you find out? where are you based?

My doctor said that since my E2 was so high, he was worried that there were more mature follies than the 3 he was seeing. :shrug: He said that my numbers were not far from what he likes to see during an IVF cycle. I have been very tempted to just go ahead and BD but I'm scared I'd end up the next octomom, haha.

Wow Wanting2010, I am 22 almost 23 and I have 6 maturing follies and my RE still have me stimming, I have appt tomorrow hopefully my last before trigger. And my e2 is over 1100's a day or so ago. I am still doing iui. Its not likely that all those will fertilized, and he already gave me the selective reduction speech. That really sucks that they are cancelling on you...

@norah I hope all is well with you, and hoping for a good outcome within this or the next cycle. Good Luck!!!!!

Chiles- It's so strange how different doctors will do things so differently isn't it?? I've been doing some searching online about E2 levels and everything and I've seen where some women have triggered with E2 over 2000. I am so disappointed. We weren't even planning IUI, just TI. I don't know- my RE mentioned something about selective reduction when he saw I had 3 follies maturing and I told him then that I could never do selective reduction, so maybe that's why he wanted to be extra cautious and cancel?

I hate the thought of selective reduction as well. Yes after reading some of the post on here and other sites i have questioned my RE plenty of times.But i guess since we have been seeing them since october they are being really agressive this cycle. Who knows you may still ovulate. I am sending you tons of :dust:

I've been seeing my RE since June. :cry: Sheesh, seems like forever. I can't believe it's almost been a year to be honest!! I think that when I had my first appointment he thought I was gonna be an easy patient...so much for that! :haha: I do think I ovulated today because I had some really bad pain, but we have been instructed not to BD. I hope I don't end up with cysts and have to put off my next cycle. Luckily my RE is not charging me the monitoring fees for this cycle since it was a huge bust.

Thats great that he is not charging you the monitoring fees. I hope you dont end up with cysts either. I know how that feels to have a cancelled cycle I have had many of those. I thought it was going be a much easier patient too. so not the case. I think after this cycle if we dont get our much hoped for bfp I am going on a break....We now have the option of IVF. So if we dont get a bfp this cycle we will be gearing up for that. after a break.

It definitely sucks to get your hopes up about a cycle and then have it cancelled. My first injectables cycle back in October was cancelled due to poor response. Seems like it's one extreme or the other with me...no happy medium! Hopefully this cycle will be your BFP cycle and you won't have to worry about moving on to IVF! In some ways I think IVF would be easier in terms of getting the right response, and I wish I could do it, but unfortunately it's just not feasible at this point financially. I actually was given the option to convert this cycle to IVF, but DH & I just don't have the money.

Yes it would not be a choice foice or me if my insurance didnt cover it. I think it would be easier, but its also not the only choice that we are left with. Do your insurance covers anything fertility related?

Do you usually ovulate on your own?

Nope, we're completely out of pocket for fertility treatments.

I don't ovulate on my own at all. Since we've been TTC I have ovulated 4 times counting this time which really doesn't count because we can't try. It's so frustrating!

I can feel your frustration. I have only ovulated by trigger once out of my 4 cycles. My insurance use to pay for everything. But now we have to pay 15% of costs. but our meds are covered for a small co pay like $5 or $12. My new insurance will cover almost everything including IVF but I have to wait to start my new job next month. I feel so terrible that everyone dont have that benefit. it already sucks that we have to go through all this. I donate my unuse meds to my clinic for other patients that dont have the coverage for the gonal f. The meds are so expensive. Do your clinic offer free meds to you?

upside for me is that i have the money, downside? i dont have the time. if im scheduled to work, i have to work. we cant call out, etc. the schedule is set in stone.

That is awesome that you have coverage! Infertility is stressful enough without the financial aspect to worry about. So far I have bought all my meds, but my RE said they are going to try to get enough for me so I won't have to pay for that either next cycle. I really can't afford to keep doing injectables so after my next cycle I'll have to take a break or maybe give oral meds a try again. :shrug:

drsquid: That's tough too! Luckily I only work 3 days a week and have some really awesome coworkers who help me juggle doctor's appointments and will switch work days with me at a moment's notice. At least I have that on my side! I was really excited about this cycle because it coincided so well with my vacation from work; I'm off all this week!

Good Point drquid. If we don't get a bfp this cycle we will have take a few months off because I dont think I will have the time either. Being that my clinic is almost 45 mins away...I have had almost 10 appointments this cycle since I am doing superovulation and its been h3LL!!! I have had some really really early days just to go in get monitored.

Wanting 2010 I was thinking about the oral meds too. I never tried clomid. And if this does not work I wanna give that a shot. My cousin got her bfp with twins on her 1st round of clomid and she is almost 12weeks. I also think that is so awesome that your clinic is being so helpful to you.

i did 2 cycles of femara. made 2 good follies each time. made a lot more with gonal f.. bfn everytime but im hopeful it was the crappy sperm. im hoping that i make a good follie this month without anything.. fingers crossed

Chiles- It definitely wouldn't hurt to give Clomid a try. I've tried both Clomid and Femara. I ovulated on 150 mg of Clomid, but didn't ovulate at all on the Femara. I've lost 30 lbs, though so I'm wondering if that might make a difference. I'm really appreciative that my RE is being so helpful. I could tell he felt really bad about cancelling my cycle. He said he knows infertility is a burden already and that it's enough of a disappointment to have to cancel, so he doesn't want to add in the extra financial burden/worry for me since he knows I'm out of pocket. I feel like a lot of clinics wouldn't have done that for me!

drsquid- Do you usually ovulate on your own?

I have never ever ovulated on my own since starting follicular tracking and fertility treatment nor have I seen anything bigger than 15mm, I am hoping gonal F will give me that beautiful round 23mm folly one day that will turn into an even more beautiful baby that I have already a name waiting for :D Who knows if I have ever ovulated on my own!!!

I have been on all doses of clomid and in fact still have a tonne of it remaining and lying around the flat never to be used though I make take it for fun one of these days after all the fertility treatment is over and see if it works.

Afm: I have finally stopped spotting, had nothing this morning at all and nothing all day in fact. I am still feeling incredibly nauseated and breasts feel heavy, also getting some cramping sensation as if i am going to start my period. I really hope I get an answer one way or another, this waiting it out between cycles is a killer!!!

Hey girls - I haven't posted in a while, but I've been reading everyone's posts and following their progress... I have my fingers crossed for all of you!

To chime in on the money issue - my insurance pays for the medication, but not the procedures (scans etc). Currently, we're TTC "naturally" (besides my injections), but if we go to IVF I don't think it'll be covered.

P.S. How do you all put your progress etc in your signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->