Gonal Girls

Chiles- That's a hard decision!! What is the follicle reduction process? Is it very expensive or covered by your insurance? I do wonder why your RE kept you stimming when your E2 was already so high! Best of luck making your decision hon.

They take a needle of the vagina and drain the follicles...its more to it but it really makes my flesh crawl. lol

Yikes, that doesn't sound too pleasant, haha! Sounds like it might be a procedure similar to egg retrieval for IVF.

yea...I think so! I want to go head with the follicle reduction but I will have to see when will they schedule all this and if I am able I will. If not I will have to cancel.

Good luck Chiles - I think I would go for the follicle reduction thing also. Its such a hard decision.

Dr Squid - you were right about the progesterone. I am so tense at the moment. waaaa

Well everyone. I am at 3DPO of this cycle. Where is everyone else at?

Exhaused by all of these hormones to be quite honest, but I know its what we have to do to get where we want

Baby dust x

no gonal for me this cycle but... got us at work today. i now have something that is 1.2 cm on the right (had a 2.3 cm cyst on monday) it doesnt look irregular so im hoping it is a follicle and not a deflating cyst. had smaller ones on the left. we will see what happens. also got a sperm count on the new sperm that just arrived 28 million/ml, 50% motility, progression of 3

Glad this one sounds good :) Hoping the little swimmers are happy and ready for a run! :happydance:

Hey ladies, Well got back from my appointment and had u/s and bloodwork. I got a call from the RE that was scheduled today and I have another appointment tomorrow!!!!Uggh all these freaking appointments. While I was in office the RE said that he would probably have me trigger tonight and come in for the Follicle Reduction and IUI monday.... the results showed that my e2 level did drop from yesterday (I do not have the numbers) so they want to see me coast again tonight and more bloodwork and u/s tomorrow to see if it drop some more. Which throws everything off schedule for me if I have to trigger tomorrow. I am thinking about cancelling ladies...I don't have much time this week for the running back and forth. They also want me to start Opk's tonight? I am like why? ugggh. I am very frustrated right now. I will see what choices I get tomorrow after I lay out my schedule tomorrow at the RE office. More and likely cancelling this cycle after all. Considering IVF in June.

I hope the scheduling works out for you, Chiles! I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. As if it isn't hard enough to go through an injectables cycle in the first place, then you have to deal with all this other crap on top of it!

Chiles - I hope scheduling doesn't get in the way of getting your bfp!! The follicle reduction sounds a little "eeek!", but I think it would definitely be worth it. You've put so much into this cycle, but I would go with your gut feeling. I hope it all works out!

I agree with Cridge, Chiles, go with your gut and see what works out best for you, sometimes it is often better to wait as we are struggling with this, what is a few more weeks or months? I used to think that I NEED a baby today but in fact the longer I take the more I appreciate how valuable this child is going to be, often people have children and abandon them etc but I know I WANT a child more than ever...ok I am waffling...

Afm: I think AF is here, I say I think because I am literally bleeding on and off but a little heavier today so I am counting today as day 1, here goes 300IU from tomorrow, fingers crossed
xx

Thanks everyone for your support :) I had appt earlier today. I went in for bloodwork and u/s. Well when I got their I was caught by surprise and they was doing the follicle reduction today...I was so close to doing the procedure. When my RE asked me was I sure that I wanted to go throught with it I burst into tears...I felt that the cycle was going to be a waste. He said that I had a 20-30% chance of multiples. I was more so concerned with the scheduling, and it conflicted with mines for this week that it would of been hectic... so we cancelled this cycle. I was told I may ovulate on my own. I have 20 follies in here so the want me to abstain from intercourse until AF arrive. Sooo I am on another break and if we get pregnant it will be a surprise to us both. We have decided for IVF in june with our new insurance! What a roller coaster!I am looking for a call from RE tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your support :) I had appt earlier today. I went in for bloodwork and u/s. Well when I got their I was caught by surprise and they was doing the follicle reduction today...I was so close to doing the procedure. When my RE asked me was I sure that I wanted to go throught with it I burst into tears...I felt that the cycle was going to be a waste. He said that I had a 20-30% chance of multiples. I was more so concerned with the scheduling, and it conflicted with mines for this week that it would of been hectic... so we cancelled this cycle. I was told I may ovulate on my own. I have 20 follies in here so the want me to abstain from intercourse until AF arrive. Sooo I am on another break and if we get pregnant it will be a surprise to us both. We have decided for IVF in june with our new insurance! What a roller coaster!I am looking for a call from RE tomorrow.

I know that was a tough decision to make Chiles. You poor thing. Hopefully now that this cycle is behind you that you can look forward to June's. We'll be IVF buddies :) They told me the same thing when my injectables cycle was cancelled, that I could ovulate and to abstain. Well, we didn't and still didn't get pregnant so I don't think I ever ovulated. I never felt like I did anyway.

Today I emptied the Gonal F pen in the fridge that had been opened. It won't be good anymore for my June cycle. It was almost full, only missing 100iu. I stared at it and was so angry that my body responded so weird to it and that I wasn't pregnant already. Now, if I can only get through the next two months and the long wait.

Yay for IVF Buddies!!!! :) I don't think I will ovulate on my own either...wow that sucks about the gonal f pen. I have maybe 100iu left in my last pen. Lol. I went through about 3300iu of gonal f this cycle. My current insurance does cover that much though. I thought about doing another gonal cycle but my RE said the same thing will probably happen. And he said would be a great candidate for ivf.

I'm so sorry Chiles. You went from one extreme to the other with this cycle; I'm sure that it has taken a huge emotional toll on you hon. But at least now you can put this long cycle behind you and you have IVF to look forward to- June is right around the corner!!

In a way I wish that we could just move on to IVF. This was my third injectables cycle and I only made it to trigger on one of them. The first I under responded, the second I actually triggered with 2 follies, and the third I overstimmed. Part of me wonders if I'm just wasting my time with another cycle. What if the same thing happens again, or if I don't stim because I know my RE is going to be extra cautious this time?? My RE said that with my touchy ovaries IVF would give better control. The finances are the problem.

A few years ago the insurance through my work actually covered infertility. I remember looking at the benefits and thinking, oh good, that will be great because I knew even then that TTC wasn't going to be easy. But for some reason between then and now it was changed. Open enrollment is coming up this month, so I'll check out the benefits plan just to see, but I think it's doubtful they would have changed it back. (I'm currently on my hubby's insurance.)

Hi Girls,

Am new to this, so i haven't worked out all the abbreviations yet! :)
Firstly good luck to you all and wishing you every success possible.
Okay my history am 37, AMH 1.1 ( please advise of any success stories:) all other things seem to be fine.
I have just started IVF day 6 of my Gonal F injections and hopefully moving onto orgalultran tomorrow following bloods and ultrasound.
Can i just ask, is it just me or do the injections get slightly more ( painful is too strong a word) perhaps sensitive as time goes on? I am using different needle site.
xx

Hi Girls,

Am new to this, so i haven't worked out all the abbreviations yet! :)
Firstly good luck to you all and wishing you every success possible.
Okay my history am 37, AMH 1.1 ( please advise of any success stories:) all other things seem to be fine.
I have just started IVF day 6 of my Gonal F injections and hopefully moving onto orgalultran tomorrow following bloods and ultrasound.
Can i just ask, is it just me or do the injections get slightly more ( painful is too strong a word) perhaps sensitive as time goes on? I am using different needle site.
xx

Hi and welcome, yes they do I have just finished all my injections and each day it would get slightly more tender I think it's coz we are injecting twice a day into various areas which it ain't used to.

I was just wondering today actually, how you were doing DancingDiva...how much did you take in the end and how are the follies?

I'm so sorry Chiles. You went from one extreme to the other with this cycle; I'm sure that it has taken a huge emotional toll on you hon. But at least now you can put this long cycle behind you and you have IVF to look forward to- June is right around the corner!!

In a way I wish that we could just move on to IVF. This was my third injectables cycle and I only made it to trigger on one of them. The first I under responded, the second I actually triggered with 2 follies, and the third I overstimmed. Part of me wonders if I'm just wasting my time with another cycle. What if the same thing happens again, or if I don't stim because I know my RE is going to be extra cautious this time?? My RE said that with my touchy ovaries IVF would give better control. The finances are the problem.

A few years ago the insurance through my work actually covered infertility. I remember looking at the benefits and thinking, oh good, that will be great because I knew even then that TTC wasn't going to be easy. But for some reason between then and now it was changed. Open enrollment is coming up this month, so I'll check out the benefits plan just to see, but I think it's doubtful they would have changed it back. (I'm currently on my hubby's insurance.)

I totally understand the financial problem with IVF. If I could have converted I would have. We were on the verge to apply for the loan my office offer but we thought about the new insurance covers it. And we would have to waited anyway. Instead of being stuck with a bill, what's another month. If I could have been moved on I would have.

I think Gonal will do the trick for you. It just being patient. I think it would have worked for me too. Its a great drug, sometimes its just too great.

My insurance use to cover infertility too. If you live here in the U.S we do have a few states that mandate it so they have to offer it. However I don't live in one of those states. But I am moving on to be a state employee and they do offer $15000 infertility coverage for art. That's about as good as you going to get here. We are looking to get the attain IVF package where you 2 fresh ivf, and 2 or 3 frozen cycles or something like that. I can't believe I am going to be doing IVF! Never thought it would come to this. 2014 there is some kinda of family heath care act that will make infertilty insurance available. The reason why most insurance companies did away with it was because when the government tried to do away higher heathcare cost that was one of the cost they got rid of. But I am soo happy theu are bringing it back!

Wishing you the best for this cycle! And thank you, and all the other gonal girls for all your support! I hope we all get I much awaited :bfp; soon!

I was just wondering today actually, how you were doing DancingDiva...how much did you take in the end and how are the follies?

Hi Norahbattie, I ended up with 7 16mm follies and a few at 15,14 etc so I am in tomorrow AM for ER I'm scared and excited.

How u getting on luv?

Good luck dancing diva!!!! Look forwrd to hearin all about your cycle! Are u hoping for twins?!?

Hi Norahbattie, I ended up with 7 16mm follies and a few at 15,14 etc so I am in tomorrow AM for ER I'm scared and excited.
How u getting on luv?

Wow, how many are they hoping to retrieve and how many to be implanted back in?
What was your regime?
AF came yesterday so I take my first 300IU in a couple of hours, fingers crossed for no side effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->