Gonal Girls

Good news! I got the meds and have taken my first injection!! I don't remember taking such a small amount though...maybe I was taking more all those years ago?? I have an u/s and blood work tomorrow. I'm a little miffed that I need to go in with having taken only one injection just 18 hours before, but my nurse wanted me to keep with the plan.

Awesome! That seems strange to do bloodwork after one injection

It is! It was supposed to be after 3 injections, but with all the hullabaloo of getting the meds, it's turning out to be after only 1 injection. Totally lame, and I'm tempted to just cancel the appointment, but when I spoke with my nurse yesterday, she wanted me to stick with the plan. I'll have to be very clear that I've only done 1 injection, otherwise, I have a feeling my doc will want to up the meds because "it isn't working well enough".

Good news! I got the meds and have taken my first injection!! I don't remember taking such a small amount though...maybe I was taking more all those years ago?? I have an u/s and blood work tomorrow. I'm a little miffed that I need to go in with having taken only one injection just 18 hours before, but my nurse wanted me to keep with the plan.

Yay! Congrats!

Chiles- Thank you! I am also praying this cycle will give me my long waited BFP.

Norah- I hope the dose works.

Cridge- my RE started doing my b/w after my first day of gonal-f too. I don't know what that is about but at least they know how well we are responding by each day I guess. I am so happy that you got your Gonal-f :).

YAY!!! You don't have to give up this cycle, fingers and toes crossed for you cridge.

I didn't go to my appointment this morning! It dumped snow on us last night (and is continuing) and I had no reason to go out otherwise, so I called and canceled. Spending the day shoveling, warming up, sledding, warming up, shoveling some more, warming up... I just spent almost 2 hours at the park with my son and a friend and her 2 boys. I'm half frozen!

Taking shot #2 in about an hour. :)

i did my first shot of luveris today and it didn't hurt at all! the nurse said it would burn and give me bruises and scared the poo out of me!!! i knew she was a moron but i didn't know she was sadistic too.

i did my first shot of luveris today and it didn't hurt at all! the nurse said it would burn and give me bruises and scared the poo out of me!!! i knew she was a moron but i didn't know she was sadistic too.

That's great! Better she was wrong on that one.

going in for my first scan tomorrow, hopefully we will have some good growth but it's only cd9. then again i only had a 2 day period which i think was the letrozole's fault because i've never had a 2 day period before. should be an interesting cycle.

courtney - yay for a painless shot!! I hope your scan tomorrow shows great news! Maybe since your af was so short that will be a good thing this cycle! Nice thick lining...??

My 2nd shot, yesterday, wasn't great. I don't know if it was a bad needle or I stuck it in a bad place (hard to miss all the stretch-mark scars on my belly), but it just didn't want to go in! I've never been one to just stab the needle in, I like to take it nice and slow, so that one made me a bit squeemish. Hoping for better luck this afternoon!

I'm trying not to get worried, but I was still spotting yesterday from af, and suddenly I stopped spotting and am having cf that's just like what I get about a day before ewcm. Usually I'm totally dry for a day or three after I stop spotting. I'm wishing, a little, that I had gone in for that u/s yesterday. I can't imagine that I'll ovulate early, but DH is out of town until Wednesday night (luckily, a day earlier than planned), so it would be a reeaallly bad thing if my body jumps into gear and I produce a follie too fast. Now I'm very anxious for my u/s on Monday.

courtney - yay for a painless shot!! I hope your scan tomorrow shows great news! Maybe since your af was so short that will be a good thing this cycle! Nice thick lining...??

My 2nd shot, yesterday, wasn't great. I don't know if it was a bad needle or I stuck it in a bad place (hard to miss all the stretch-mark scars on my belly), but it just didn't want to go in! I've never been one to just stab the needle in, I like to take it nice and slow, so that one made me a bit squeemish. Hoping for better luck this afternoon!

I'm trying not to get worried, but I was still spotting yesterday from af, and suddenly I stopped spotting and am having cf that's just like what I get about a day before ewcm. Usually I'm totally dry for a day or three after I stop spotting. I'm wishing, a little, that I had gone in for that u/s yesterday. I can't imagine that I'll ovulate early, but DH is out of town until Wednesday night (luckily, a day earlier than planned), so it would be a reeaallly bad thing if my body jumps into gear and I produce a follie too fast. Now I'm very anxious for my u/s on Monday.

do you use a pen or is it something you have to mix it up? the needle gets dull after pushing it thought the vials.

i have a feeling that we wont have to worry about producing follies too fast or we wouldn't be injecting ourselves with this nonsense! lol

do you use a pen or is it something you have to mix it up? the needle gets dull after pushing it thought the vials.

i have a feeling that we wont have to worry about producing follies too fast or we wouldn't be injecting ourselves with this nonsense! lol

I mixed the vial and use a separate syringe. So, yeah - the needle is definitely more dull than a pen would be, but yesterday's was bad! Oh well - it all worked out.

I keep telling myself the same thing, but my cf is usually really reliable. I always ovulate the 2 months following clomid therapy (when I'm not on clomid anymore)... and I just came off 2 good months of femara therapy, so I'm thinking I probably would have ovulated this cycle on my own even without meds. That's the only reason I'm worried about producing a follie too fast. Otherwise, I'm a slow responder. I just keep telling my ovaries that they have to wait until Thursday at the earliest... and Saturday at the latest. :haha: Not too much to ask, right? :wacko:

i had my day 10 scan and i have 3 follicles, 18mm and 13mm on the right and 11mm on the left. my re wants me to get pregnant from my left ovary but it doesn't look like that will happen. :shrug: i don't know if these numbers are good or not. i feel disappointed but not sure why i feel that way. i didn't see the doc i saw the ultrasound tech today. maybe when i go back on tuesday i'll see the doc and have a better understanding of how things are progressing.

well the doc just called and moved my scan to tomorrow and had me increase my gonal f dosage to 150 units tonight. kinda freaked out by that. i wonder what is going on...:huh:

i had my day 10 scan and i have 3 follicles, 18mm and 13mm on the right and 11mm on the left. my re wants me to get pregnant from my left ovary but it doesn't look like that will happen. :shrug: i don't know if these numbers are good or not. i feel disappointed but not sure why i feel that way. i didn't see the doc i saw the ultrasound tech today. maybe when i go back on tuesday i'll see the doc and have a better understanding of how things are progressing.

How come he wants you to get pg from the left side? Do you have a problem with your right tube?

courtney - your numbers look good to me for cd10. :shrug: Not sure why your doc is upping your dosage, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's possible to ovulate on one side and have the fallopian tube from the other side pick up the eggie. A ruptured follicle gives off a hormone that causes the fallopian tubes to go in search of the egg. I've heard of many cases where someone only has one tube and catches an egg from the opposite side. Crazy stuff our body does.

How come he wants you to get pg from the left side? Do you have a problem with your right tube?

i have a tiny little diverticulum on the right side, he said it could cause an ectopic pregnancy and he would prefer if i got pregnant from the left...i told him i would try real hard LOL

i have a tiny little diverticulum on the right side, he said it could cause an ectopic pregnancy and he would prefer if i got pregnant from the left...i told him i would try real hard LOL

Haha! Well, good luck with that - think left thoughts! :winkwink:

Had my u/s and blood work today. Not much going on (so it was a good thing I didn't go on Friday!) and doc has upped my dose to 150iU for the next week. Crap - I'm supposed to go out of town next Tuesday.... not sure how to maneuver that one.

had my second scan today they follies went from 18, 13, and 11mm to 22, 15, and 13mm. my uterine lining is only at 6.8 so they gave me some estrogen pills to stick up into the unknown...fun. sometimes i think they make us do these things just to see if we'll do them! LOL anyway, i have to wait for them to call back with my e2 and progesterone levels. i'll either get the trigger today or tomorrow. hope it's today so i don't have to stick myself with the other stuff again. i hope this is my month...

Haha! Well, good luck with that - think left thoughts! :winkwink:

Had my u/s and blood work today. Not much going on (so it was a good thing I didn't go on Friday!) and doc has upped my dose to 150iU for the next week. Crap - I'm supposed to go out of town next Tuesday.... not sure how to maneuver that one.

what day are you on? how many follicles do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->