Gonal Girls

I'm on CD9. I have pcos, so we don't count the follies. We just wait to see a dominant one.... or measurable ones, which I usually only have 1 or 2. I didn't have any follies over 5mm today.

I'm still keeping positive that I'll pull off an ovulation by next week. Last cycle I had nothing going on (and the follies from last cycle looked even smaller), and I managed to ovulate in 9 days after that u/s. So crossing my fingers the upped dosage will kick things into high gear.

Courtney your post made me laugh, its so true sometimes I do wonder if the obgyn does say things to see if you do them so the outcome is good.
I am still waiting AF to arrive which should be any day from the 11th, it feels like I am waiting forever!!!
You know the funny thing is, I keep having dreams that I am having twins, I know this is not real as I dreamt that they are ginger (strawberry blonde), well this is impossible as my OH and I have black hair!
I can't wait to start my new cycle as long as the outcome is good obviously

so i got the call and i'm triggering tonight! very nervous, my husband has never given me or anything else for that matter a shot before! then the dreaded TWW! ugh, waiting is the worst!!!!

so i got the call and i'm triggering tonight! very nervous, my husband has never given me or anything else for that matter a shot before! then the dreaded TWW! ugh, waiting is the worst!!!!

That's great! Are BD'ing or getting an IUI? Is the trigger subcutaneous kr intramuscular? Ouch either way. Yay, now you can join me in this horrible 2ww :wacko: I'm 4dpiui/o and of course symptom spotting already.

That's great! Are BD'ing or getting an IUI? Is the trigger subcutaneous kr intramuscular? Ouch either way. Yay, now you can join me in this horrible 2ww :wacko: I'm 4dpiui/o and of course symptom spotting already.

we are just BDing, i think we might try IUI next cycle. i think the trigger is subcutaneous, i didn't ask. does it matter? oh yay for the tww!!

Courtney, no it doesn't matter, I was just curious. When I went to the doc to get it they did intramuscular but at home it was easier to do subQ. We're doing 36 hour IUI's (plus BD'ing of course) We did one this month and if bfn then we'll do the injections plus IUI for 2 more months. We wanna make sure we cover all the bases. That way if we end up needing IVF we know we tried everything.

Courtney, no it doesn't matter, I was just curious. When I went to the doc to get it they did intramuscular but at home it was easier to do subQ. We're doing 36 hour IUI's (plus BD'ing of course) We did one this month and if bfn then we'll do the injections plus IUI for 2 more months. We wanna make sure we cover all the bases. That way if we end up needing IVF we know we tried everything.

i think next cycle we will start doing IUI's, then move on to IVF in the summer if nothing works. i really hope it doesn't have to come to that. so when are you going to start testing?

Courtney: I always start with the intention of waiting until at least 12 DPO but I ways start to crack around 9-10 DPO, so probably in about 5 days. I hope I don't make it to ivf either seeing as though we'll have to take a break for a while to pay off at least our current debt, before we get ourselves into more debt with ivf, possibly up to 2 years.

I thought I posted this earlier but I. Am on CD1.

Okay so I got my protocol I am doing 7.5mg cd 3-7, Gonal F 150 iu cd 7-11. I ammmmmm exxxxcccciiittteeeddd

Hello ladies,

I went for my u/s today and they found two follicles at 1.6cm and 2.0cm with a lining of 7mm. I have already started seeing an increase in cm. Just waiting to hear from RE to see what they want to do now. I am so nervous and excited.

Chiles- Good luck with your new cycle.

Sounds great Shareena!! What cd are you on?

I am Cd15 today. RE office called me now and said I don't need the trigger because my LH is high and looks like I am going to ovulate soon. They have decided to do the IUI tomorrow morning and want me to bd tonight. I have a question, If i ovulate on my own do you think I will release the 16mm follicle as well? I really pray that this cycle will work.

Wow Shareena, Great news :) FX for you

Sorry that I am unable to answer your question though. Hope someone can help

Shareena - that sounds great! I don't know why ovulating on your own would be different than what the hcg does for you.... as far as how many eggs are released. I don't know how the body decides what to do with that, but I would *imagine* that a surge of any kind would release any that are fully mature. :shrug:

good luck Shareena, I think only the mature follicles rupture and produce a little ovum, so i am guessing the smaller one wont rupture. Good luck with it all, I am STILL waiting for AF and will start my meds pretty soon, I am getting a little impatient now :)

Hello ladies,

I had my IUI today morning at 9:30am. I asked my RE whether both follicle will release and she said "Yes". So I guess I have two targets this cycle.

Cridge, when you got pregnant with your son,do you remember how many follicles you had?? Just curious, that's all.

I have been cramping so much today before and worse after iUI. The last IUI wasn't so bad :(. But, if this cycle will give me a BFP then i am willing to go thru whatever it takes.

Are any of you ladies just doing gonal F with having IUI? I don't think my obgyn wants to do IUI and just leave it as much upto nature as possible

Shareena - I *think* I just had one follie, but maybe 2. I stopped being monitored a bit earlier than planned because of a death in the family so I really can't remember. BUT, my hcg count was high enough that they thought it was multiples, so maybe they thought that because I had more than 1 follie...??? I don't remember worrying about having multiples though, so I'm thinking just one. :shrug: Sorry - not much help.

Norah - I'm just doing gonal-f, no IUI. I like to think that the more natural it is, the better chance I have.... but that's just me. My doc wouldn't do IUI anyway. How is your dh's count? I think studies have shown that IUI doesn't give a better advantage unless there's a sperm issue.

Cridge, my other half is absolutely fine, he has something like 60 million per ml. I am kind of glad that I am the problem rather than him as there are alot more treatments for women than there are men. I am just praying for success the first time I use gonal F as I am a little needle phobic, only when jabbing myself. I don't mind others jabbing me!
I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of you ladies, if you give positive stories I will have hope :)

well i'm officially in the TWW, i think this is the worst time of the entire cycle! i'd rather be sticking myself with needles LOL at least then i'm doing something!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->