Gonal Girls

dancingqueen- Good luck with your cycle hon! I didn't have any problems with sore injection sites, but I only took one shot a day and only for 6 days. I can imagine that it would be normal if you were injecting for a longer period of time or more frequently!

Chiles- That is so great that you're going to be getting that coverage. I wish I lived in a mandated state, but even they have loopholes as far as infertility coverage. It makes me angry that it's not standard. I have PCOS, which is a disease, and as a result of that disease I am infertile- I should have insurance coverage!!

DancingDiva- Good luck with your ER!! I hope it goes great! How many will you be putting back?

norahbattie- Good luck with this cycle! When is your first monitoring appointment?

Its on Thursday morning, I will be having a U/S and oestrodiol levels this time, fingers crossed, just did first injection and didn't feel a thing, beginning to wonder if I actually injected anything!! :D

Chiles - what a roller coaster... I sympathize with you!

I am in a tough spot right now. My DH is going to be away for work until the end of May, so I have to wait until then to start a new cycle. Then, my clinic will be closed from mid June to August, and in August we have to go away for my brother and sister in law's wedding, so my next cycle would only be September.

To make things more complicated, my DH has to move to a new city for work in August. I am going to move too eventually, but I don't know when (depends on getting a job in the new city and buying a house).

I am conflicted between staying here longer, keeping my clinic and have DH come back on the weekends (only a 2 hour drive), or move to the new city, find a doctor, get referred to a fert. clinic and start the long process all over again.

I cired and cried today about this. :(

Oh, I'm so sorry curliegirlie. That is a tough situation. Is there any way that your DH could have a sperm sample frozen to use for IUI while he is away? I've heard of people doing that before, but I'm not sure how much it costs or if it's even an option for you. Maybe it's something you could ask your clinic about at the very least?

Chiles- me either. Just thought this would be easy. Went for us today. Maybe a 12mm follie not real clear. Told him my plan for the 11th of June and discovered that apparently I can't do both. So I've decided to bag this cycle and go to ivf. They are gonna call me back today or tomorrow with the plan in terms of meds etc. kinda
Bummed that it is still a month and a half from now but... It is my best (and fastest) bet. Once I start the new job in July I don't know what my schedule is going to look like and the doc is going to the amazon for the last 3 weeks of July. Upside is that at least I'll be taking lots of meds so I'll feel like I'm doing something.

Hi Girls,

Am new to this, so i haven't worked out all the abbreviations yet! :)
Firstly good luck to you all and wishing you every success possible.
Okay my history am 37, AMH 1.1 ( please advise of any success stories:) all other things seem to be fine.
I have just started IVF day 6 of my Gonal F injections and hopefully moving onto orgalultran tomorrow following bloods and ultrasound.
Can i just ask, is it just me or do the injections get slightly more ( painful is too strong a word) perhaps sensitive as time goes on? I am using different needle site.
xx

Welcome! They do get more sensitive. I switched sides each night and towards the end they would sting or I could feel it more going in. Crossing my fingers for you that you get a BFP :)

Hey ladies, just back from ER I managed to get 10 eggs woohoo, everyone is pleased so call back tomorrow and find out how many fertilised.

@ wanting2010 -thanks, that's true, it's a good idea. I'll have to look into it! I just think that at some point soon I'll be moving too, which means finding a new clinic etc, and a long delay in getting going again! Boo...

Wow DancingDiva, 10 is fab!!! 10 is a magic number :) I hope you get lots of grade A quality follies...I am a little scared now though, we are doing 300IU for 3 days and then the rest of the regime will be determined on Thursday at the scan, it may go up or it may go down, we are doing TI with a trigger shot so I don't want to end up with 10, only 2-3 maximum, I want my follies to have the best chance possible.

How much did you take each day DancingDiva?

I took 300IU for the first 2days then went to 150IU they said that was coz my AMH was 24.6 so I didn't need a high dose, I done my trigger on CD11. On my first scan on CD6 I had a few follies at 11,10 & 9 then on CD 9 I had follies up to 15 & 16 then on CD 10 I had most of them to 16mm.

Hope that helps if you need to know anything else let me know x

Congrats Dancing Diva!!! Can't wait to see your post tomorrow

Good luck wanting and curliegirl on your search for a new clinic.

AfM: my nurse called today. They are bringing me in for an IVF consultation Monday at 8. I don't know why I need one tho. I can't believe I am doing IVF. I am going to tell my RE. That I want 2. Put bk. I would love twins, kill two birds with one stone. But one healthy baby will be fine. I am excited!!! Whoot whoot!

Yay Chiles, that sounds perfect and so soon to have the consultation is even better even though you have decided. I haven't done enough research into IVF yet and still researching about gonal F.

I wanted to share this video with you all, absolutely loved it when I saw it on TV today, the words mean so much to me....

[youtube]_RJ8KWnIS2Q[/youtube]

I took 300IU for the first 2days then went to 150IU they said that was coz my AMH was 24.6 so I didn't need a high dose, I done my trigger on CD11. On my first scan on CD6 I had a few follies at 11,10 & 9 then on CD 9 I had follies up to 15 & 16 then on CD 10 I had most of them to 16mm.

Thank you so much, now I am absolutely petrified....my AMH is 33 so lets hope there aren't too many harbouring and I need to cancel the cycle.

Wow, high AMH! Mine is high too but not as much. Sending tons of baby dust and hoping those eggs fertilize

Hey ladies, just got call about eggs not as good as I would have hoped for only 2 of them have fertilised so I'm getting both put back in on Friday.

Good luck Dancing Diva. I may be in the same position from June (IVF) so please keep us all posted. Baby dust x

Well, my body is crazy and I started spotting yesterday afternoon. Today it has increased to more of a light flow with red blood. So I called my RE's office and the nurse said I might be starting my period even though it's really early. I'm supposed to go for an u/s and depending on how things look, I might be starting injections again this week. We'll see!

Chiles, my RE made me do IVF consultation too. Plus an IVF informational night and several tests. It's such a long process with some REs. I'm hoping yours is a speedy one!!!

DancingDiva, sorry about the eggies but you only need one so I'm sending some prayers your way that one of those embies is your rainbow.

Norah, thanks for the video!!! I'm going to see if I can download it on itunes for my ipod. Some really true words in there.

Hey ladies, just got an update on my embryos one is at 2 cells other one is at 6 cells stage, ET tomorrow fingers crossed.

:dust: to you dancing diva !!!!

Noasaint- oh wow. I am going to write down some important questions to ask when I go. I am also going to make an anonymous call to the insurance company with questions as well. to see how it works, because IVF has to pre-authorized.
AFM: I have to go to my new place of work today and then head to my soon to be old or part-time job until 7 tonight. Things has been so hectic this week as I mentioned it would be last week. Only because I am processing for a new job and still have the old one.

Well ladies I will chitty chat later! Goodluck to everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->