Gonal Girls

Chiles - good luck with the to-ing and fro-ing between old and new work, I hate starting new jobs but at least we finish on a Tuesday and start on a Wednesday morning so we have overnight to prepare ourselves. Good luck, hope you settle in nicely into the new job. Good idea to have lots of questions and write them down otherwise there are one or two that you will forget to ask.

Wanting2010 - I had spotting way before my period was due as well and I was told by my doc that it is actually quite common with about 20% of women having it. Its apparently a side effect of gonal F

Gaijin - fingers crossed this cycle works for you and that you don't need to go down the IVF route, don't give up until AF shows up

DancingDiva - YAY!!!! Let's hope they keep dividing and it all goes well with you tomorrow, sending you lots of luck and hugs. Are you able to see the fertilised zygotes before they implant them into you? That would be very cool

afm: I had my scan this morning (day 5) and my lining is looking good at 8.9mm, I have 2 follicles at 9mm and 1 follicle at 10mm, lots of tiny little ones that are very minimal and can hardly be seen. My doc isn't worried about OHSS anymore and said it is unlikely for me to get it now in this cycle, I need to take 150IU tonight and then 75IU after that until my scan on Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday here and so everything is shut!)

Fingers crossed that it works and the follies grow, get fertilised and implant - some people have it so easy but for us there is still a long way to go....

Little update: just got back my oestrodiol level and its 375 yay!!!!

Luckily I don't have to do any of those classes. I'd go nuts. Nurse
Asked if I wanted any training on injection, umm no think I'm good. And that was that. Go in for a progesterone test on the 11th and start lupron that night.

Hey ladies ET went well both grade A embryos transferred yesterday one at 8 cell one at 12 cell so fingers crossed.

fingers crossed DancingDiva, whats the next step for you now? fingers crossed both start growing well for you x

:dust: to you dancing diva !!!!

Noasaint- oh wow. I am going to write down some important questions to ask when I go. I am also going to make an anonymous call to the insurance company with questions as well. to see how it works, because IVF has to pre-authorized.
AFM: I have to go to my new place of work today and then head to my soon to be old or part-time job until 7 tonight. Things has been so hectic this week as I mentioned it would be last week. Only because I am processing for a new job and still have the old one.

Well ladies I will chitty chat later! Goodluck to everyone!!!

Great idea. I did as well, had like 3 or 4 questions before I went. I found out I will be doing antagonist protocol with ganirelix, Gonal F and ovidrel with progesterone suppositories. If my E2 hits 4000 (and given my response last time it's pretty possible) then we will switch to lupron and PIO.

I start provera tomorrow and bxp on the 21st so it's finally starting!

Well, my body is crazy and I started spotting yesterday afternoon. Today it has increased to more of a light flow with red blood. So I called my RE's office and the nurse said I might be starting my period even though it's really early. I'm supposed to go for an u/s and depending on how things look, I might be starting injections again this week. We'll see!

Wanting2010 - same thing happened to me this month and last month. I started spotting on 7 dpo. I am going to the docs this morning to see what the hell is going on. It is definitely AF for me. Just so annoying after all the work we put in... I guess I can start my cycle quickly.

gaijin- It ended up being AF for me too, albeit a bit shorter and lighter than I would have expected! I went to the RE on CD 3 and I have cysts leftover, so am on BCP for a month. They didn't really have an explanation for why I started so early other than possibly the dramatic hormone ups and downs! :shrug:

gaijin- It ended up being AF for me too, albeit a bit shorter and lighter than I would have expected! I went to the RE on CD 3 and I have cysts leftover, so am on BCP for a month. They didn't really have an explanation for why I started so early other than possibly the dramatic hormone ups and downs! :shrug:

Yep, went to the docs this morning. I have cysts too - should I be worried? I thought I was day 2 of new cycle but the doc said I still have lining which is weird. And, because of the cyst (on left side) I won't be able to do injections for now. I have another app on Fri so will have to see what happens then. He said the early spotting could be because of low progesterone, however I was taking progesterone like cycle to combat this. None of it really makes sense! AHHHHHHH

Cysts are pretty common after injectable cycles from what I read. I have 2 that are too big to continue treatment. My RE said the BCP will help my ovaries rest and the cysts should be gone by my next cycle.

I hope you're able to figure out what's going on!! It's so frustrating to not have a clue what your body is doing.

Hey ladies, I have not been on here lately. Today was suppose to have been my IVF consult. But I had to cancel. I am rescheduling for later this month. In reality wise I am looking forward to IVF in June or July :) My Nurse will be ordering my IVf meds after the appointment since this may or either june will be my last month with my old insurance. My new insurance I have to pay 50% for the meds, and my current is only $12 copay...regardless how many pens I have. I feel a little bad about starting a new job and then knock their insurance immediately for $10,000. But I will do anything right about now to have a child :), and plus they are letting me do it. When I get my schedule I will be able to coordinate my appointment. I am starting birth control pills next week as well until I get ready for IVF!!! Good Luck ladies!!!!!

Chiles - I think you're totally fine getting meds on your current insurance! I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. I hope everything goes really smoothly from here on out!!

Chiles, I've been wondering how you were doing. I hope your new job goes great for you, and that time flies by for you for the next couple of months!

Got pregnant on gonal f 112.5 dose only 6 days of Stimson but miscarried 2 weeks ago

Rosmuira - I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage!! I hope you're doing okay.

so im about to jump back on the crazy train. been pretty nice actually not thinking about stuff.. i go friday for a progesterone test then start lupron that night

Hello ladies,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Rosmuira, positive news is that you are able to get pregnant on gonal F and you know a dose that works for you.

Good luck to all the other ladies, if you are taking new meds or waiting for meds or even on a break, it is important to have an emotional break and not think of anything stressful and you never know this may work for you

Afm: I went for a repeat scan this morning (day 10) and I have a large follicle measuring 15mm!!! I have never ever seen 15mm EVER!! I asked for a little photo just because it felt like such a milestone, there are 3 other follicles ranging from 10-12mm and these may grow too...eeks!! 4 potential babies!!! i was only just coming around to 3!! As for my right ovary, I have 8-10 very small cysts/follicles. My doc is really pleased with how things are progressing, the lining is perfect too at 12mm...so fingers crossed here is to a :bfp: and not a :witch:

lots and lots of :dust: to all of you

That's great news Norah!!! FX'd you'll get your bfp!!!

Norahbattie - that's great news! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Rosmuira - I am so sorry to hear about your loss... It must be so difficult.

Chiles - that's what insurance is for! That's wonderful that your work is supportive with this.

Wanting2010 and gaijin - I also got a big fat cyst after my first round of gonal f. Because of that, I had to waste a month waiting for it to go away. It went away on its own, but I haven't started a new cycle yet because my DH is away for work until the end of May.

In fact, that's why I haven't been as active in this thread lately. I have my first scan for my next cycle on May 22, so I'm trying to put the baby thoughts out of my mind for a bit (difficult, I know) in an effort to reduce the crazy. When I'm on a treatment cycle I tend to become a little obssessed and start googling things and spending a lot of time on forums. I guess we have that to look forward to starting May 22!

Good luck ladies, I'm trying to stay positive as the weather gets warmer and the sun comes out! Even though it's raining today...haha

curlie- yeah i got one too.. that was part of why i was willing to just go to ivf. i had to skip a cycle anyway. if i did another gonal iui and got a cyst again there would be another skipped cycle and the price was adding up./ id already ordered all the gonal so... im set for the ivf cycle

Dr Squid - I think I will do the same thing regarding IVf. I just want get my BFP. I am so not patient!! I don't see the point of wasting another cycle.

Norah Battie - Good luck hon! I really hope you get your BFP!

Curliegurlie - positive vibes. Lets hope May is a lucky month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->