Gonal Girls

@yoni - We've been trying for about a year now. I guess I haven't told people because I'm afraid... Of what I'm not sure... But you're right, it does feel better to not keep secrets.

Enjoy your weekend and your trip - happy birthday to your DH!

@norahbattie - what are these fertility foods you're eating? In addition to a regular multivitamin, I've started taking B6/B12/folate and omega-3. I used to scoff at people who popped vitamins like candies, saying they were suckered into paying tonnes of money for stuff they don't really need - one multivitamin usually covers any gaps you may have in nurtition unless your doctor tells you you're deficient of something, but I am willing to try anything now. I heard that those things help.

Why whole milk as opposed to say 2%? Does the fat make a difference?

thanks very much, it's good to relax.

id be interested to here what supplements everyone is on too. i take pregnacare conception which is a multi vitamin with folic acid and all the other important B vitamins. I'm a veggie and vitamin b12 deficient. mustard is a great superfood for b vitamins

Hello ladies,
Well I took the ovitrelle yesterday morning, so its now about waiting it out. I had some spotting yesterday lunchtime and increased by yesterday evening, not enough to wear a pad/tampon but enough for it to stain the white tissue pink. sorry TMI. Now this really really frightens me, i texted the doc looking after me and his message was:

"Don't worry, continue as planned, good luck"

Now this really made me giggle because he is so straight faced when he sees me, I really hope it does work this time but understand if it doesn't, at least we know that I am able to produce follicles which is the main thing. I know I would have been very disappointed if there was nothing at all.

OH and I, prefer this route of gonal F and TI as I don't think I have ever ovulate (looking at stats) so not sure if there is a problem with hubby's sperm getting to the egg as naturally as possible, but we would like to give it more tries before going down the IUI/IVF route. If the dear NHS doesn't fund further cycles, we are more than happy to pay for meds and scans, so we will see.

As for fertility foods etc, I have downloaded an app on my phone which basically is a tip a day on how to boost your fertility and I thought hey-ho I may as well try them, what harm can it do? and one of those things is whole milk and it tastes so much nicer (ok it has 4% fat) but i was drinking skimmed before. I am also exercising twice a week as well, so I think that helps with relaxation, I haven't lost a pound but I have toned up and it feels so good, problem is I am sooo lazy when it comes to getting to the gym!

I also found this link on another website and thought I would share it with you as I found it quite useful to read...only found it today...

IUI tips

Good luck ladies and fingers crossed for hope in two weeks
N
xxx

!

@norahbattie - what are these fertility foods you're eating? In addition to a regular multivitamin, I've started taking B6/B12/folate and omega-3. I used to scoff at people who popped vitamins like candies, saying they were suckered into paying tonnes of money for stuff they don't really need - one multivitamin usually covers any gaps you may have in nurtition unless your doctor tells you you're deficient of something, but I am willing to try anything now. I heard that those things help.
?

I was the same way, didn't take much before all this. Now I'm on a prenatal vitamin, B complex, fish oil and Royal Jelly w/ Bee Pollen. DH is taking a multi vitamin as well as B complex. I've also limited myself to coffee only once on weekends and it's decaf plus I drink a cup of green tea daily. Whew, it's a routine that I'm still getting used to. Next month I plan on giving up coffee all together.

Good luck Yoni!!! Sending baby dust your way. I had only used Clomid before Gonal F. For me Gonal F was much better. I felt a little tired but that's it, definitely not the mood swings I had with clomid.

good luck norahbattie, I took my ovitrelle this morning. IUI tomorrow afternnoon, pretty nervous. but that's all the expectation I guess

thanks for all the fertility tips I'll have a read of the link.

thanks noasaint, I guess we all know it's unlikely but boy do I hope I'm lucky first time around.

I'm off the caffiene too, I was drinking so much tea. turns out I still love tea without the caffeine. I'm drinking decaffinated for about 6 months and redbush for a few weeks

looking forward to some injection free days :)

I am reporting back ladies....I just got a :bfp: a few minutes ago and still in complete shock....I am going to go to my RE office in the morning and hopefully see if this is real...

I was going to start my birth control pills today and i tooked a pregnancy test and walah....at the moment I was least expecting. I felt some cramps for several days like af was on the way, but she never showed. I am totally shocked.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Chiles that is amazing news!!!!!!!! big big congratulations!!!!!! now to see how many :)

Thanks!!! I am sooo shocked. I keep looking at the test to see if the line disappeared. Lol. I am going in tomorrow morning. I just can't believe it! Its soooo surreal right now. I know my RE may be upset but oh well. I have to update yall tomorrow. I hope this is it!!!! I have no idea when I ovulated or how far along I could be. I really have had no signs either. Or none that I paid attention on. I was thinking about getting a frer and clear blue for tomorrow morn. I never thought it would happen like this.

Oh Chiles - go get more tests (not blue dye though!) and show us pictures!!! I hope your RE isn't upset with you! I'm so happy it happened this cycle though!

Congrats Chiles. You have given me hope! I was feeling so down today and now I am so happy to hear your news. Keep us posted xxx

oh my that is just fantastic, congratulations. i agree its so nice to hear some good news xxx makes me feel much more positive
xxx

good luck yoni, hope it all goes swimmingly for you, no pun intended :)

haha thanks so much

I hope it all went well hubby said he had a 5ml sample. his volume is high but abnormality rate is also high, so it evens out to a normal amount! I was a bit worried when my consultant would squeeze the speem all over the floor trying to remove an air bubble. I wanted to shout out! lol

@Cridge I have taken 4 thus far. lol. All pink dye. Now I am waiting my beta results from this morning I will try to upload a pic on my lunch break

Thanks everyone!!!!!! I am still in shock. My nurse was like I am praying that its just 1 baby. If my beta come back positive then I go bk in thursday for beta 2, and hopefully an u/s

Can't wait to see a pic! And your beta will definitely be +!! Hoping for a great number....although not too high. :winkwink: I can't wait to find out how many you've got in there!!!

@Cridge I have taken 4 thus far. lol. All pink dye. Now I am waiting my beta results from this morning I will try to upload a pic on my lunch break

Thanks everyone!!!!!! I am still in shock. My nurse was like I am praying that its just 1 baby. If my beta come back positive then I go bk in thursday for beta 2, and hopefully an u/s

Chiles!! As the other ladies said, congrats!!! You give us hope! I am wishing you all the best in the world!

P.S. Chiles - were you just finishing a cycle with gonal f? (I'm sorry, I can't remember...)

I know you were preparing for IVF but had you just done a cycle?

Chiles, I am putting my money on twins, any other takers? Let's take bets :D

yoni - are you a POAS-holic as well and going to a IC HPT just to see if the ovitrelle worked and is coming out in your urine? i am!! Did one this morning and the second line is becoming very faint indeed!!!!! I didn't realise it clears this early...argh!!! Check out my symptoms in my blog, not that I feel very much different...I need to take a Chiles approach ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->