Gonal Girls

Hi Ladies! I'm new to this forum and want to join in. We've been TTC #1 for us (#3 for DH) for 12 months. I did 3 unsuccessful rounds of clomid this past spring, then took the summer off from meds. I go in Wednesday for baseline bloodwork and u/s, and will start injections either Weds. or Thursday. I am considered 'unexplained' as I ovulate regularly on my own, and my hormone levels are all in the normal range.

Bonnie
12th cycle TTC #1

Welcome Bonnie!! Yay I'm not the newbie anymore! :smug: LOL! I am currently on my first cycle of Gonal and on day 6. I wish you the best of luck :dust:

Bonnie welcome :hi: I am ttc my 1st and oh's 3rd child too :) good luck and I hope that the injections is what you need for your :bfp: sending plenty of baby :dust: your way :)

Chiles no af... She's taking her sweet damn time! Oh yes I'm more than ready to start my next cycle glad I have you cheering me on also :hugs:
Hope you're well?

Af is in the building :wohoo:

I have my scan Thursday and hopefully start my 2nd round :)

Welcome Bonnotron - good luck! Gonal-f might just do the trick!

Scerena - YES! Finally!! :)

Alicatt - I really hope your follies do a big jump in size! It's so frustrating to not know when things are happening - like what day you'll have your retrieval, etc. Once it starts through, it'll move very quicky!

Kmae - Sitting out a cycle due to cysts sucks, but at least you are prepared for that possibility. I wasn't and I was all ready to start a new cycle, and when the doctor scanned me and told me I couldn't start again for another month or so I cried (well, after leaving). It stinks, but you just need to get through it so your body is all good to go for next time! :)

P.S. Scerena - looking back, I'm sure I will think that my pregnancy went quickly, but right now it feels slow, since I worry so much! Always waiting for the next thing to reassure me... "When I hit 12 weeks, I won't worry as much" turned into "When I have my anatomy scan at 20 weeks I won't worry as much". I have an appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that will tide me over for the time being!

Curliegirlie- I bet you are always worried and it feels slow as you just want to meet your baby :hugs: I am happy for you, I hope you get reassurance tomorrow :hugs:

Good news!! I definitely have 3 follies! :happydance: They went from 6,7,&8 last Fri to 10,14,&14 today. Going back on Friday. My E levels went from 47 to 258 but my progesterone levels dropped from 0.40 to 0.37 is that normal? :shrug:

Thanks amber :) nice follies hopefully they will be ready to trigger by Friday :happydance: I don't know about them levels I don't get mine measured, I only get progesterone tested to confirm ovulation :hugs: I'm sure the other ladies can help :)

They check my levels every appointment and I can get the results online I just don't always understand what they mean lol! She did give me progesterone to take later I still don't know when the only thing that was explained was that I would do the injections and come in for ultrasounds and then I would trigger and use the progesterone but not really sure of when everything happens.

I think you take the progesterone after ovulation :shrug: I'm no expert as I do not take it but I kind of remember ladies talking about it :)

Call them up if you're ever unsure about anything hun its the best way for you too do your not stressing yourself out, or ask at your next scan?- when is your next scan??

Whoooo hooo scerena!!!! Bout freakin' time!!! lol

Scerena My next scan is Friday. I figured as things progressed they would give me instruction on what I am to do that seems to be how it's been going so far.

Has anyone done the HCG Trigger shot? I'm pretty nervous about that one, made the mistake of looking at that gigantic needle lol!!! Maybe it's not gigantic but it sure looks like it is compared to the Gonal needle!!:shock:

Scerena, whoop whoop! So glad you started your new cycle!

Bonnie, welcome to the thread. I hope Gonal works the first time for you.

AFM, I'm having a pretty downer day. I feel like life keeps shoving the ttc shit in my face. I received a baby announcement and a baby shower announcement today then the first thing I see on Facebook is an u/s of a friend who is pg with her second baby. Geez! The one that got me the most is the baby shower announcement- that was from a friend of mine that we only see about twice a year- she mentioned that she was going to start ttc a few months ago which means she got pg the first month she was trying. Now here I am almost 2 yrs ttc and still not pg. IM happy for them, I just want it to be my turn already (ok- vent over).

ambernov20 - 3 follies is great! I've done the HCG shot with clomid. It wasn't a big deal at all, and is over in a second. For the progesterone levels, I don't think they go up until after ovulation. I wouldn't worry about the fluctuation. Usually when I have gone in for the IUI, they tell me when to start progesterone.

scerena - glad to hear you can get started on your new cycle!!

curlie- mine is... after the amnio

scerena- yay af =)

amber- trigger isnt too bad. i found that one was often sore the next day. also i found i got pregnancy symptoms from the shot (ie tired etc) if you are doing progesterone too you will def have symptoms which makes symptom spotting frustrating

That's what I was thinking squid but my body has been so out of whack lately that I have felt lots of pg symptoms before af that I never used to have.

Good morning ladies, mind if I join?

I've been ttc for just under 2 years now. About 5 months ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS.
I am on my 4 month of clomid (up to 150mg this month) with HCG trigger shot.

This past cycle, I had the trigger shot in the evening of Aug 30 and then I had an IUI early morning on Sept 1st.

Last Friday (8 days past trigger shot), I tested with a cheap test and it was negative.

Monday afternoon (11 days past trigger shot), I tested with a more sensitive test (FRER) and saw a very faint line. I tested yesterday afternoon and this morning with clear blue and still saw faint (but clear) line. I've been testing like crazy since I keep getting random cramps and bouts of nausea. Still testing negative with cheap ones...:shrug:

This 2 ww kills me....

I would think the test the morning (12 days past trigger shot) would have had it out of my system, but...I don't know. ugh....

Have any of you tested at various points during the 2ww? If so, how long until you tested out from the shot?

Chiles I know right! She took her sweet damn time :haha:

Kmae totally normal how you are feeling We all get down days :hugs: happens so easy for some, I guess when it's our turn it will be even more precious to us :)

Amber yes Friday they will tell you what to do, but on Friday ask them any questions that you have for them :hugs:

Bonnie & drsquid thanks ladies so happy af arrived :)

Asherah :hi: welcome :) sorry I can't help with your question but I am sure someone will soon :) I know they say to wait until your test date (14dpt) if you had a trigger just incase :)

I have my cd3 scan tomorrow morning, I am hoping that all goes okay and I can get started on my injections tomorrow :)

Fingers crossed for you Scerena <3

Welcome :wave: Asherah. I'm just on my first injection cycle and have yet to do the trigger but like Scerena said I have also heard that you have to wait as the trigger can give false positives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->