Gonal Girls

scerena. I think I had did 10 days of provera...and then my af came different everytime. the longest I had to wait was prob like 6 days, and the shortest was when I was like on pill 8. Fx that the witch shows very very very soon!!!

Thanks chiles yh the very first time I took it I think it took 5 days so I'm prepared for her to turn up at any moment constantly checking the toilet paper :dohh:
Thanks for the reassurance I hope you are okay?

I am great!!!! think I am about to take a little nap...trying to fight it because I don't wanna be up all night.

I still check the toilet paper :haha: and the toilet...I'm still nervous I guess.

I bet you are! I expect it's even worse once you get your bfp!! :hugs: glad your okay it's 10.30pm here what time is it where you are then hun?

Alicatt Thanks so much! My RE is very nice but somewhat short and not very descriptive. I guess she's used to most of her patients knowing what is going on. We are doing timed intercourse.

Kmae I don't know that I have gained any weight yet but I am definitely feeling bloated and I look like I am too! I have some extra weight around the middle anyway but this is more. So far other side effects are like you said I feel something going on in my ovaries but it feels a bit like my ovulation pains, I'm getting some headaches, and am feeling very tired a lot of the time. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse but I really didn't expect to be feeling the side effects so soon so I'm nervous as to what is to come lol!!

Scerena I have noticed the thread is active!! I love that about it! I'm trying to jump in with both feet but feel a bit like an outsider lol!

Don't feel bad ambernov. I had to do research on my own too...Afterwhile you will catch the lingo and be in the doctor abbreviating what we write here lol. 3 follies is great. And feel free to chit chat it up here, we are all very friendly and can relate to eachother. TTC is very hectic so we try to support eachother.

scerena it was about 4:30 going on 5 when I took my nap...I couldnt fight it any longer!!!!

Thanks Chiles I am familiar with some of the lingo as I am in some TTC groups on Facebook but was so happy to find this one pertaining to the Gonal as no one in the FB groups have been on it. So 3 follies is good? Does that mean that I should produce 3 eggs? My RE office just called and upped my Gonal to 150 IU is that normal to up it like that?

It is normal for your dose of gonal-f to increase after ultrasound and bloodwork results. You may be responding slower than your RE would like so they will increase the does to help your follicles grow. It can be a long process of doses increasing and increasing. I was lucky and responded rather quickly to 100iu both cycles so far. First cycle ended with a BFN and I am in the 2ww zone now. 11 days until my blood test!

3 follies is good but however the chances of their being a mature egg depends on two things...size, and your e2 levels. For an example of you had 3 follies that were a size 17, 18, and 20 a good e2 would may be around 290-380... or even higher. Now say you had those same size follies and your e2 levels are only 83 then thats not good. And you would be lucky if you have just one...each mature follie should at least have an e2 of 100 to be considered good quality egg. I am not that good with explaining things...so I hope I don't confuse you.

And yes its very normal for them to change doses within one cycle. And you may even create a few more follicles....which is a good and bad thing. Because if you have to many they will cancel your cycle.

Thank you both. And Chiles I think you did very well explaining things. I was just confused with the up in dosage since the RE seemed pleased with the US but that did happen after my bloodwork came back.

Thank you both. And Chiles I think you did very well explaining things. I was just confused with the up in dosage since the RE seemed pleased with the US but that did happen after my bloodwork came back.

I've actually heard that by the time you O your estrogen should be 200-600 per mature follicle. So I bet your FS is just trying to get your follicles to grow and as they grow, they produce more estrogen.

Last month when I did Gonal F and Menopur my estrogen was 2200 about 2 days before I ovulated, and I had 3-5 follicles. Still didn't get my :bfp: :cry: This month I'm doing IVF, and if I don't get pregnant, then its game over for me :cry:

Oh Alicatt I hope and pray you get your :bfp:!! :hugs: We are trying everything we can up til IUI or IVF as we just can't afford it. We would possibly consider IUI as it is only $500 but we want to try to give this a go first.

Oh so I have another question I started temp checking this month as I didn't know we would be doing the injections....my question is should I continue? Just wondering if all the meds would mess with it or if I would still be able to get accurate results. I know I'm just full of questions lol!! I so appreciate all of you and your helpful answers!!!

Ambernov- I never tempt...so Idk a thing about it :haha: sorry. But you are being monitored so I reckon that you don't have to unless you just want to keep up with whats going on with your body.

Allicat- you right it can be that high but it depends on the person. Women who have PCO tend to have a way higher number because all those small antral follies contribute to E2 as well so its not as accurate to say 200. Women without pco have had low e2 such as 100-180 with 1 or 2 follies and got their :bfp: with that as well. So its all a guesstimate :shrug:

I was going to give it a go but like you said I am being monitored so I guess there really isn't a point.

alicat- common side effect with ganirelix (and cetrotide). mine itched but didnt really swell

Amber- you are not an outsider we all were new at one point :)
I didn't bother charting/temping when I was doing the injections as I didn't need broken sleep as the monitoring confirmed everything for me :) maybe after the trigger you could take a few temps if you want too to see what day you o :shrugg:
My clinic won't trigger if you have more than 2 follicles, every clinic has their max amount :)

Chiles ok so it's about 6 hours ahead where I am :dohh: hope you had a nice nap :)

I'm not sure what my RE's limit will be.....as it's not likely with Hubby's DNA that even one will be viable let alone all that are produced. But it does pose some questions that I guess I should ask her. I guess my mind was just still in a whirl Friday as I really wasn't expecting to jump into everything so quickly.

Chiles I miss naps!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->