Good/Bad reasons to wean?

Its a shame when people feel like that though isnt it :(

Its terrible you feel like that tasha :hugs: but i really dont understand why people care so much about what others think?? I couldnt give a hoot if people think how i raise my baby is wrong, i do what i feel is right and if mistakes are made it will teach me for the next time :)

I suppose its silly really as there are lots of us who are 'early' weaners so we should just ask each other. x

I don't ask for advice in this area really bc I don't want to hear it from some people either. Like I had no clue what food to try next with Elyse and I didn't even want to come in here to ask for suggestions bc of threads like this.

I've been reading this thread since it began about 300yrs ago! :lol:
I've kept out of it because to be perfectly honest I have seen hundreds of threads like this and it alway turns into a them and us situation, which is sad but that is human nature.

But Tasha I have quoted you as this is the one post that has made me feel really sad, you should never feel like you cannot ask questions and thefact that you even feel like that speaks volumes I think, about the way some members can come across with their opinions.

At the end of the day we are all mums with the same target, to have happy healthy babies, yes we all have different parenting styles and could argue until the cows come home about different X vs Z topics.

As long as baby is not ill and resembling something from the excorsist spewing pea soup, does it really matter if Ethel was fed 2 weeks before Ethelbert?

I really do think that amongst all the bitching and carrying on the reason we are all here in the first place has been lost along the way.

Support!

Totally agree with Jo, and Tasha I really don't think anyone should ever feel like they can't ask for advice and it's a shame you feel that. Plenty of people discuss weaning on here everyday without it turning into a drama (like PPs thread today about what foods to try next).

Totally agree with Jo, and Tasha I really don't think anyone should ever feel like they can't ask for advice and it's a shame you feel that. Plenty of people discuss weaning on here everyday without it turning into a drama (like PPs thread today about what foods to try next).

i was going to say the same thing, i've only seen 2 comments on this thread that really got my back up and hurt as such. otherwise i think other people have only been giving info out on their experiences or their findings on after and before 6 month weaning.

its how people say their opinion in a knock down way thats wrong not what they are actually saying. alot of the posts are people defending themselves from what other people are posting and it got a tad out of hand thats all.

most of the threads on here dont end up like this the person who started this thread started it as a debate and it ended up like this,
the opening post is good/bad reasons to wean!!! not shall i wean? or is this right to wean? or asking for any advice. it was a pointless thread and was started to bring on a debate of peoples opinions!

I Have Read All 35 Pages Of This And All I Can Say Is WOW

Its Amazing Hw Guidelines/Government Advice Can Cause So Many Arguments Dontchu Fink?

How ever i AM Weaning DD (19 Weeks) Due To Reflux And She Loves It She Even Has Her Own Favourite Foods :)

I Was considering waitin 6months to start weaning even though my mom was forcing me to give her porrige at 3 months (due to her mom 'weanin' her at 3 months).

(this isnt aimed at no1ne, or made to make anyone feel bad or trying to jump on anyones side)

edit: and i said 'weaning' as its not weaning to my mom she calls it something else

okay, dont laugh

:shy: Squidgy :shy:

my mom says her mother's mother used to tell my grandmother that her GRANDMOTHER!!! Used To Say To her Husband We Need To Start *(insert name)* on her Squidgy now. i think it was more to trick the children though as they were all breastfed till there first birthday, and introduced to solids at 3 months. [[please bare in mind my grandmother had 13 childen :O :O :O]] but 'Squidgy' or [Squig for short] stil got passed down as my grandmother still uses it till this day and my mom uses it.

hehehehe never heard it called that before.... but it's kinda cute!

That's probably the cutest name for weaning I've heard yet!

here is a link to a question I asked a few weeks ago, I wasnt asking if I SHOULD WEAN my baby I was asking for help and advice ON WEANING yet I got "the reccomendation is 6 months." I know the reccomendations and I didnt start weaning just beacuse James wasnt sleeping I looked into a lot and gave him a tiny amount of baby rice for the first couple of weeks. I wanted advice on what to do next and other peoples experiences of early weaning, but no one else who weaned early answered. I do feel that on that post I was judged and this is why along with this "DIBATE" that I would think twice about posting weaning questions on here again.

https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-nutrition/166072-need-help.html

edit** the last post was by an early weaner sorry.

I also wanted to ask about giving my baby extra not 'weaning' as he was feeding every 2 hours and was unsatisfied so i did give him a tiny bit in the morning which he loved and continues to...im not weaning him off milk or starting him on loads of food its something to aid him in feeling more content...ive been following this post and now feel like im a bad person for what im doing and that many of u will look at me in a bad way which is how many other ppl have said that it makes them feel this way so tbh if i have any questions i will most likely PM a 'early weaner' mum rather than have 36 pages of many shocking posts xx

I also wanted to ask about giving my baby extra not 'weaning' as he was feeding every 2 hours and was unsatisfied so i did give him a tiny bit in the morning which he loved and continues to...im not weaning him off milk or starting him on loads of food its something to aid him in feeling more content...ive been following this post and now feel like im a bad person for what im doing and that many of u will look at me in a bad way which is how many other ppl have said that it makes them feel this way so tbh if i have any questions i will most likely PM a 'early weaner' mum rather than have 36 pages of many shocking posts xx

Dont be so silly you are NOT a bad mummy for giving your baby some food, I like the way you worded that as giving extra as thats what I am doing, He still has the same amount of milk. We can PM each other.:thumbup:

By the way,your picture is gorgeous !!

This section if for advice and support on weaning ... there are plenty of early weaning threads that havent gone downhill ... for every 20 early weaning threads there will only be one that turns into a debate.

If you need advice then dont be afraid to ask for it :thumbup:

PP's right, don't ever be afraid to post to ask about something. It's true, you do open yourself up to something when you post... but that can happen anywhere. If you ever feel like people are either ganging up on you, or you feel like you're being attacked, contact any member of the Mod Team, they'll help. :thumbup:

That really sucks that so many people are feeling this way, but its good to know that sometimes these debates scare off other members. :hugs:

We give a tiny bit of baby rice since he was eating so much its just made him more settled and he has naps during the day again now lol

Dont be so silly you are NOT a bad mummy for giving your baby some food, I like the way you worded that as giving extra as thats what I am doing, He still has the same amount of milk. We can PM each other.:thumbup:

Thanks hun :D would love to PM u :) feel free to pm me any advice and thanks again xxx

We give a tiny bit of baby rice since he was eating so much its just made him more settled and he has naps during the day again now lol

Thanks for also replying i appreciate it...maybe we should do a group lol just to help each other!! xxx

Thanks hun :D would love to PM u :) feel free to pm me any advice and thanks again xxx

Thanks for also replying i appreciate it...maybe we should do a group lol just to help each other!! xxx

yeah i rote that out a few times before i dared to post incase of being jumped on by people who feel its wrong and bad, so when i saw yours i thought id post mine to, we are pretty much adding a little bit near the same age dont feel so alone now lol

Yeah my intention was to wait until 6 months. However Ruby is now downing a 9oz bottle in 10 minutes, every 4 hours except at night where she goes 9 hours. I just do not see how she is going to wait 2.5 more months before solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->