Good/Bad reasons to wean?

Right enough ...

Take your arguing and bitching to facebook if you want gripe at eachother. I wont have public mud slinging done on here. Do you realise what that makes this place look like for other people coming in to read this

Carry on and this thread will be locked pending admin review

Thats exactly what I was trying to say.

But I wanna get the last word in!!

https://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii245/ezcomeezgo/InternetToughGuy.jpg

How do you know he's not 6ft 4" he's sitting down? :rofl:

Its always the quiet ones you have to watch you know

Right enough ...

Take your arguing and bitching to facebook if you want gripe at eachother. I wont have public mud slinging done on here. Do you realise what that makes this place look like for other people coming in to read this

Carry on and this thread will be locked pending admin review

I'm suprised this thread hasn't been locked already. The debate seems over (and over and over) and now is gotten all "weird"

I think it is worth noting that lots of parents (me included) make mistakes. Making mistakes doesn't make someone a bad parent. It would be great if we could share our mistakes and learn from them together.

By mistake do you mean weaning early?

I think it is worth noting that lots of parents (me included) make mistakes. Making mistakes doesn't make someone a bad parent. It would be great if we could share our mistakes and learn from them together.

I'm sure some parents feel that them weaning early was a mistake. It would be great to hear the negative side of early weaning (and delyed weaning), but I don't think it is likely - we tend to feel judged and embarrased about our mistakes, which is a shame. Does that make sense? I know what I'm saying but I don't think anyone else does?

I think some of us would post if we had negative responses to early weaning.
I know I would post if my kids wee wee got cut off while having him circumsized, etc.

Yeah I kind of know what you mean I think, James is being weaned now on advice from my health visitor and from me thinking that he is ready, At first I thought I'd made a mistake as he seemed to be straining alot like he needed a poo and worried he was constipated, But I looked into it and its quite common just getting used to food, and with a bit of water is back to nomal and absolutley loving food he screams sooooo loud when its all gone. They are so clever, I always use the same bowl and he other day I walked into the living room stirring the food ready, I walked back out into the kitchen with the bowl and he absolutely screamed the house down,Im sure he recognised the bowl and thought i'd taken it away. I'm really glad I have started weaning now, he is a much happier baby, hopefully I wont regret my decision later but for now I feel I havent made a mistake. x

Melbo-- I think that in this thread early weaning = 4 months/before 6 months, just seems to be the consensus on one side of the debate. I might be reading this wrong somehow though

I weaned Alexander ealry, early at 3 mths because he had super bad reflux and it failed horribly. He (and I :rofl:) had a terrible time with it because neithe rone of us had any idea what we were doing. First time mom syndrome or something!

I then retried at 4.5mths and he was a completely different baby!! He knew exactly what I was doing, he even said "mmmmmm" when he got the first couple spoons. Since then he has done so well.

there is my failure story. I tried, I failed. I tried again, I succeeded.

edit: has early weaning helped my little boo boos reflux? NOPE!!! :cry: but it has helped ease his super duper appetite!

I'm sure some parents feel that them weaning early was a mistake. It would be great to hear the negative side of early weaning (and delyed weaning), but I don't think it is likely - we tend to feel judged and embarrased about our mistakes, which is a shame. Does that make sense? I know what I'm saying but I don't think anyone else does?

I was just thinking about what you had said while having a bath with James, And your right, If I had any weaning problems with James after this discussion, I wouldnt come on here to ask advice. It causes too many arguments. Thats a shame because this forum has been such a help to me over my pregnancy and now as a mummy. But I feel thats one area I will stear clear of. Not because I would be embarrased but because I do feel I would be judged as I have been for 'early' weaning.

I know sometimes I hold back on the things I say because of a fear of being 'judged' or pounced on by some people if you know what I mean...

I don't ask for advice in this area really bc I don't want to hear it from some people either. Like I had no clue what food to try next with Elyse and I didn't even want to come in here to ask for suggestions bc of threads like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->