good tips that worked for MS!

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
im not pregnant yet but was there anything you started taking while ttc or once you were pregnant which really helped with ms? I love being pregnant but the feeling of ms and tiredness really kick my arse so would like to do all I can to make it better plus with 5 children to look after there is no time for laying around.:dohh:

Seconding B6 and Unisom. Unfortunately as you are in the UK they don't sell Diclectin there but those are the two ingredients in it.

Zofran for me. Or Ondanestron if you are UK based. I was pretty sick but also have a fairly bad phobia of being sick, so my doctor was very sympathetic and gave me meds!

I tried most other things too, ginger ale, ginger biscuits, ginger tea, peppermint, sea bands, eating little and often, sour sweets, B6 .. didn't really seem to help but other people find a lot of relief in those kinda things! Oh and I found the pregnancy vitamins made me feel even more sick (still can't stomach them) so I swapped to taking just folic acid, vitamin D3 and omega 3.

I have been a lot sicker this pregnancy compared to my last. My husband got me sea sickness wrist bands. Made a huge difference.

Unisom and B6 really helped. Getting a build of B6 in your system before getting pregnant will be beneficial too. I don't take a prenatal but I take my folic acid spread through the day so it's not all hitting my body at once. The sea bands worked for the first couple weeks but not so much afterwards.

A magnesium spray has helped me sleep, and I'll spray it on my wrists when I'm feeling queasy and waiting for meds to kick in and it eases it. I ended up on Odansetron though because I lost too much weight and wasn't able to eat.

B6 & ginger worked for a short time, sea bands did nothing for me and my nausea got too bad by 8 weeks so I eventually saw my gp who prescribed anti nausea meds and it's the only thing that really helped.

I've been taking B2 and magnesium for over a year to help prevent migraines, and my morning sickness in this pregnancy compared to my other two has been so much better.
I've also been avoding sugar and carbs, to help with the migraines, so I can't tell if it's one or a combination of these things but something seems to be helping!

Yes. It's just a vitamin. Unisom/Doxylamine is a sleep aid safe in pregnancy.

I find it works best to take it before bedtime and it usually lasts the day after.

B6 is fine. Just double check what dose is in your prenatals if you take them. You can take a fairly high dose for morning sickness though. My doc recommended it to me so might be worth checking what dose they recommend for you. Everyone is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->