Google Baby

Lightworker

Reaction score
Anyone watching the show on surrogacy being "outsourced" on More4? (For Mommies in other countries its a docu about people entering surrogacy arrangements with women in India and they also get to choose which sperm fertilizes a chosen egg). What are your views? So far I am feeling like its abit exploitative as the women look to be poor women hoping to get a better life. X

Hmmmm didn't get a chance to see that, shame sounds interesting. If it's exploitative then I'd imagine I'd be a thumbs down.

I only caught the last 45 mins of it, and to be honest i think its a bit of a disgrace. I think surrogacy is a wonderful thing if your doing it out of the good of your heart to help couples, but doing it to make money? The woman running the place obviously doesn't care about those poor women as she just sees them as a transaction. And having to be cooped up in that room for the whole pregnancy? Personally i found it quite disgusting !

Totally, I think she was trying to show how wonderful her centre is (given its location) but the women are treated like goods. They cannot live with their own family, as that could jeopardize the quality of the product. Its like the women are in prison.

I'm watching it now and it's getting my back up, especially about this clinic in India. Like Frustrated said, surrogacy should only be done out of the goodness of their hearts, not to be seen as a way of making money to buy a house. It still amazes me that a life can be created in a petri dish. Currently at the part where the two gay men are trying to pick a donor and although I don't have a problem with gay couples having children, I have a problem with hearing about the thousands these women get from selling their eggs. Dear me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->