• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

got my daughters ashes back yesterday. pics of her urn<3

amotherslove

MamaToLilyLucyAndLila<3
Reaction score
We had her cremated, and they said there was little ash, but there was some forsure. Who even knew they made tiny baby urns? </3 i love her so much.

Attachments

• Fredericton-20111109-00250.jpg
    Fredericton-20111109-00250.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Fredericton-20111109-00249.jpg
    Fredericton-20111109-00249.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Fredericton-20111109-00248.jpg
    Fredericton-20111109-00248.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 81
Sorry for your loss. Lily's urn is adorable. I had my son cremated also. It's comforting to know that he's home with me.

Hugs and prayer for you and Lily

What a lovely urn!

Our urn for Samuel is more traditionally shaped and of a burgundy colour.

We are still not sure what to do with Samuels ashes at the moment, so have kept them at home.

Love and hugs:hugs:

i didnt like the idea of her being far from me.. also i knew burial would cost more.. and on top of that i rent my home, and if i ever move from here.. or from this province or city, i need to be able to take her with me. i've always had an aversion to traditional burial.. i myself wish to be cremated when i go.. it's just how it's done in my family usually. thanks everyone<3 i just wanted to be able to share it and i'm not sure yet if i wish to share with my facebook friends. <3

I am sorry for the loss of your precious Lily! her little urn is just precious and now she is finally home :hugs:

I'm so pleased that you have Lily back at home with you. Her urn is lovely.

We decided to have Max buried as we didn't want to risk there being no ashes. I've been to the churchyard tonight to visit him and the base for his headstone has been put in place in the past couple of days. I feel like his place there has finally been marked and it's nice having somewhere to put my flowers rather than lying them on the ground. A lovely surprise on the 3 month anniversary of saying goodbye. Can't wait to see the headstone now xx

I'm so glad you got some ashes and her wee urn is lovely. I didn't realise you could get such lovely tiny ones either. I have seen tiny little ones that go on a necklace, which are slodered shut forever with them inside - I thought that was quite a good idea too.

I still have our boys' ashes in a little box and still haven't decided what to do with them yet. I too worry about moving without them so may put them in a pot, or may just release them into the air, we were going to let our DD decide, to help her get closure.

Thanks for sharing with us. xx

Simply beautiful and so precious ..I am so sorry for your loss of Lily:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks guys. it is a lovely urn isn't it. i'm so happy with how the funeral home handled us. everything including the urn and the engraving on it was free. theyre a dream. they said they never charge for children. <3

thanks guys. it is a lovely urn isn't it. i'm so happy with how the funeral home handled us. everything including the urn and the engraving on it was free. theyre a dream. they said they never charge for children. <3

I think there's a lot of places that don't charge for children...it's nice to know there is still a little bit of goodness left in the world and there are still some places where money isnt everything...

the urn is lovely, I'm so glad you got some ashes and a lovely urn to keep them in.

hope you are doing okay xxx

I think there's a lot of places that don't charge for children...it's nice to know there is still a little bit of goodness left in the world and there are still some places where money isnt everything...

the urn is lovely, I'm so glad you got some ashes and a lovely urn to keep them in.

thanks today was a good day.. hopefully there will soon be more good days than bad... i think i'm just glad to finally have her laid to rest yet at home with me. thanks for asking and i hope you're doing well too, and congrats on the pregnancy<3

I thank God for this cause a funeral in the States I mean a decent one not fancy or anything costs close to 7 thousand:nope: that is a lot of money and a lot of people can't afford that . Where I buried Ava all they charge is 140.00 dollars which half is for the priest. I thank God they do this cause what would people do if the wanted their baby buried and didn't have all that money, I can't even imagine. It is good to know there are places like this :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks today was a good day.. hopefully there will soon be more good days than bad... i think i'm just glad to finally have her laid to rest yet at home with me. thanks for asking and i hope you're doing well too, and congrats on the pregnancy<3

I am so happy to hear you had a good day and YES there will be more good days than sad, I promise. Love to you and yours..XOXOOXOXOXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so happy to hear you had a good day and YES there will be more good days than sad, I promise. Love to you and yours..XOXOOXOXOXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks hon. and yeah the funeral director told me that if we had a service there would be a fee but just for whoever officiated it.. we just decided not to have one.

Thank you for sharing Lily's urn with us! So beautiful!

We chose to bury our Emma, BUT only because NO ONE here speaks much of cremation, not as popular here ,unfortunatly, So I didn't have any information and I certainly didn't think to ask ... If I could go back and have her cremated I'd do that in a heartbeat! That is one of my HUGE regrets.... Would love to have her kept safe with me...

One of my dear friends' just had her lil girl cremated, and she mostly has kept her ashes with her in a tiny urn BUT she has visited her favorite places to be and shared her ashes there AND she recently had a tattoo done, it's beautiful but she had some of her daughters ashes placed in the tattoo ink so now she is in her tattoo as well... I'd never think of this stuff, I am NOT creative...She has thought of TON of lil things to do...:hugs:

We had our baby cremated as well and his urn is so tiny! We found online the idea of making a Build a Bear and putting the urn inside, which I think is what we're going to do.

Thank you for sharing Lily's urn with us! So beautiful!

We chose to bury our Emma, BUT only because NO ONE here speaks much of cremation, not as popular here ,unfortunatly, So I didn't have any information and I certainly didn't think to ask ... If I could go back and have her cremated I'd do that in a heartbeat! That is one of my HUGE regrets.... Would love to have her kept safe with me...

One of my dear friends' just had her lil girl cremated, and she mostly has kept her ashes with her in a tiny urn BUT she has visited her favorite places to be and shared her ashes there AND she recently had a tattoo done, it's beautiful but she had some of her daughters ashes placed in the tattoo ink so now she is in her tattoo as well... I'd never think of this stuff, I am NOT creative...She has thought of TON of lil things to do...:hugs:

you can have ashes put into tattoo ink? thats so cool... i'm getting a tattoo for my lily, but i think her ashes are just great in an urn.

We had our baby cremated as well and his urn is so tiny! We found online the idea of making a Build a Bear and putting the urn inside, which I think is what we're going to do.

this is a really cute idea. i would totally do this if i didnt just LOVE the design of her urn. besides, want it to look like what it is, i WANT questions, i want to tell the world about my lily. if i ever have a friend or a new boyfriend over, i want them to ask so i can tell. if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->