Got my Flip nappy

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hey!

So I'm completely new to this and I've just recieved my flip nappy to try out, I know you need to wash them before you use. I have the organic insert...How many times does it need washing before I use it? Do you wash the cover and the insert together or?

Sorry for the dumb questions lol don't wanna get it all wrong.

Anything else I need to know before I use it?

EDIT: How do I fold them? Do I fold it in 3 along the 3 prefold lines? Or? lol im easily confused this morning

Thankies x

id wash them separate, my cover bled.
duno about the folding it confused me too so i left it unfolded lol

Hey!

So I'm completely new to this and I've just recieved my flip nappy to try out, I know you need to wash them before you use. I have the organic insert...How many times does it need washing before I use it? Do you wash the cover and the insert together or? BG recommend you wash the inserts seperately a few times incase the colour runs but i have always washed them all together:) if you are only planning on using them through the day then i would just wash them once then just keep an eye on them as they wont absorb as much if they have only been washed a once or twice!! and depending on which one you got will depend on how many times it will need to be washed to reach full absorbency ( the stay dry will reach full absorbency quicker than the organic but the organic will hold more wee :) )

Sorry for the dumb questions lol don't wanna get it all wrong.

Anything else I need to know before I use it?

EDIT: How do I fold them? Do I fold it in 3 along the 3 prefold lines? Or? lol im easily confused this morningyeah fold them along the prefold lines.....tho folding it one way will give you a longer slimmer pad...the other will give a shorter fatter pad - it just depends which snap you have the outer on

Thankies x

hope that all makes sense?? i have a small child crawling all over my laptop!LOL

Thanks girls :)

Yes that made sense, I only have on cover and one insert at the moment. To try and it out see if I can persuade DH!
Right gonna stick the insert in the wash now - I presume it's fine to just wash with the rest of LO's clothes. I'm not gonna put n a wash for just one thing. I know I don't use fabric softener but is more normal detergent ok?

you really shouldnt use normal amount of washing powder....it will clog up the fibres and it wont absorb very well.....tho if you do then if you give it a rinse in the wash on its own afterward then it should be ok....just make sure when it rinses there are no bubbles in the machine...that way you know its not gonna clog up :)

Oh okay .. buggar I already put it in. Will give it a good rinse out!

So should you use a small amount normally? Just only having one seems such a waste to put machine on for one liner lol

LOL yeah it is a bit of a waste to lust put one in the wash! LOL....the reccomended amount of powder/liquid is 1/4 the normal amount .... i use soap nuts so dont have that worry but so long as you give it a really good rinse then it should be ok :)

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Cheers for your help Sara :)

Hopefully I can convince Oh and go on a nappy shopping spree :)

not a problem :) hope OH comes round......if you need any more help/advice ask away :)

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Instead of putting the insert through the wash, I think you can just soak it in a bucket of water instead... more economical!

Well I have used it once...and after a lot of faffing figuring out which popper setting I needed it on I loved it :D

Forgot to take a picture tho ...next time :p OH was swayed, but he's not to sure because of the washing them!

yaaaay :) thats great!! i know this is coming from a total nappy addict but it does get easier when you have more....obv when you are cloth full time you get into a nice routine and you dont notice the extra (i dont see it as extra ) work....if you think of smelly pooey nappies sitting in a wheelie bin for two weeks (our bins only get emptied every 2 weeks:dohh:) it kinda sways the vote LOL :) hope he comes round properly for you hun :hugs: cant wait to see piccies:)

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah ours get emptied every 2 weeks and sits by the front door, on hot days ... Phew! Gross! lol

Going to work on him some more and try to convince him :D We're planning on TTC baby number 2 in a few months so Im using the saving money route :D

How many covers and inserts do u think I would need if i go for it?

depends on how often you wanna wash hun and how often LO pooes!LOL obv the more often he pooes the more outers you'll need :haha:

i'd say to wash every other day or so you should have about 15 soakers and maybe 5-7 outers ?? should defo leave you with plenty incase of a blowout etc etc :)

OOh yes those nice explosions! lol
Sounds like a good number...still working on Oh tho lol

LOL i;m sure he'll come round especially if you use the 'you an keep them and use them for number 2 or use them on both of them if you have 2 in nappies at the same time :)

I'm getting there :)
I got him to agree that we will use them for #2, which we will be TTc in next couple of months :) He said we can't afford to buy a stash for Joshua - I guess he talks sense, but maybe i can sneak a few more in before #2 haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->