Got the sack

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mememe84, Dec 10, 2009.

1. mememe84

mememe84 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I dont know if anyone remembers but the other week i had a thread on here about work (I hate work) Just saying how my boss had gonbe funny well yesterday i went in and got the sack great present for christmas dont u think x x x

2. JemmaD

JemmaD 3rd trimester

Im so sorry hun, did they say why? x

3. mememe84

mememe84 Well-Known Member

He got the supervisor to do it didnt even have the balls to do it himself. They said its only based on my performance but he only went funny since i told him i got pregnant. I've got 3 months to take it to a tribuneral x

4. Pretty Pistol

Pretty Pistol Well-Known Member

wow sucks your not in the states.. you would be able to sue over that and cause a huge stink

5. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I would lodge the tribunal papers asap. This kind of behaviour by employers cannot be tolerated, and the Tribunal service take a dim view of employers treating their pregnant employees badly

I have taken a former employer to a tribunal on an unpregnancy related matter (it settled out of court for an amount equal to a years salary) and I am happy to help with the procedure and initial paper work if it saves you a lawyer in the short term. ( I do have a law degree).

Can I just check that you are a permanent employee with more than 1 years service?

If you would like a hand pm me. XXX

6. Jordicia

Jordicia Very proud Mummy of 3!

Take them to a tribunal the idiots. Also call ACAS as they will be able to give you fantastic imparshall, free advice on all your rights. You mustn't let them get away with this treatment, its disgusting! Good luck hun x

7. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

defo take them to tribunal for unfair dismissal.. they wont have a leg to stand on!!! x

8. Viz1975

Viz1975 Well-Known Member

Ditto go to a tribunal as it is really hard to sack someone especially when they are pregnant - perhaps go and speak to someone at the Citizens Advice Bureau they are really helpful - best of luck

Nicola
    xxx

9. Heidi84

Heidi84 Well-Known Member

how horrible!!! can't believe people can be so cruel this days! hope you can get justice soon.

10. scoobylyn66

scoobylyn66 Well-Known Member

I am in the same position. You do not need to have been working for them for over a year as this is discrimination grounds and it over-rides the one year rule.

11. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

You are correct if you you are not claiming unfair dismissal. However if you dont claim unfair dismissal in addition to the discriminatory aspect then it could limit the award that is being claimed.

I suppose this makes the point that you need to be very clear what you are claiming for in your form and if you dont have a years service the potential payment is likely to be substantially less.

12. Pretty Pistol

Pretty Pistol Well-Known Member

shes right!!! go kick there asses!

13. Adela Quested

Adela Quested Well-Known Member

Definitely - stand up for yourself. It's absolutely ridiculous.

14. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Definitely get those tribunal papers in. My god, some employers are so stupid aren't they! Hope that they get in to loads of trouble over it and that you get to find another job elsewhere xx

15. bfphopeful

bfphopeful Well-Known Member

In this day and age, I thought employers knew better than to discriminate in that fashion. That is so out of order. You would swear the idiots were not conceived in the same way as everyone else, maybe they just dropped from the sky, dimwits! Fight your corner woman!