Grady Thomas

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
Well - while Andrew is taking care of Grady... I figured I'd take the time to give my birth story!

So - as you all know I was due April 3rd, but due to a small birth canal, my OB and I decided c-section was best. So Monday March 30th was the big day!

We went into the hospital for 6am, got my IV put in, had an NST for a little while, and just sat there staring at the clock waiting and waiting!!! lol. Around 8am they came and got me to take me into the OR to get my spinal put in. Boy that was fun. Took the guy about 400 tries to get the bloody thing in!! (I have scoliosis, so I think that was what was a pain!) Once it was in, all was well!

And then the cutting began! I honestly can't believe it. Weirdly enough it's one of those things I'll always think was the coolest feeling... I could feel them cutting me open, but not the pain! So so strange! It was actually quite interesting, until there was all the pressure of tugging the what we thought was going to be a little baby out! haha!

Poor Andrew was nearly sick in the room - when he could smell the skin being cauterized he got pretty white. Had to get down on the floor, and needed a cloth..

When they showed me Grady for the first time, I started crying so hard. He was perfect. I just couldn't believe it! And immediately I was in love. Then - Andrew got wheeled out of the OR with the baby since he still felt sick.. hah. Poor guy! And I passed out while they stitched me all up!

Got wheeled into my room, and was told how big my little man was! Couldn't believe it! I was expecting a fairly small weight as both Andrew and I were under 7lbs...but nope! 8lbs2.6oz! Got to hold him for the first time, and never wanted to let him go!

And since then, it's been great. He's a really good baby. Gets a little fussy at night - but he's doing great. He's feeding well, he sleeps lots, doesn't cry too much! I'm on :cloud9:.

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/ncnizio/grady/2008_0601grady0041.jpg

Massive Congratulations hun..He is absolutely gorgeous! :hugs: xx

Congrats hun!!! Sounds like you had a great experience!!
Poor Andrew, what a trooper!!!
Hope you are enjoying your first few days with your gorgeous son!

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. :)

What a nice experience. :D

Natalie!!!! He's an absolute beautiful angel, how exciting!! :cloud9: And he does look big and healthy.

I'm so glad the C-section went smoothly for you, and boy do you ever make a case for me not having DH in mine!! :laugh2:

You are so right, he is incredibly perfect. Look at that little face, what an angel!

Congratulations, you should be very proud :)

xo

Congrats he is sooo cute x

He is gorgeous hunn.

well done and congrats

:hug::hug::hug:

hes so so precious, hun :hugs: congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->