Soooooo me again :(

after my 29wk admission
and they found blood and protein and was admiteed for monitoring
most of you know the story

to having a checkup last week and sample came back clear on dipstick
but they wanted send off to the Lab

then to my monkey deciding to scare the absolute Sh*t outta me
by going quiet again :( now day 5 of quiet movement.. no more big kicks
just shuffles and rolls, and only notice them when im concentrating on them :shock:

and now today 1st bp reading was slightly High and +1 Glucose found in urine
This is not going great for me at all :(

and to top it all off last night i felt horrible...
my belly was so sore :shock: like a tightening.. but a constant one, for hours and everytime i touched or pushed in a lil one bump it would hurt really felt stretched and sore, not like BH or contractions for that was just a soreness on my bump tha caused a cramp like sensation when i touched it..

sooo blood , protein, less movements, Glucose, pains :shrug::cry:

I just living on my damn nerves :(

anyone able to tell me about this glucose in urine thing :( im damn clueless:shrug: all i no is can be linked to GD

aww hun. Did the dr's give you any info about the glucose in urine? Or tell ou if they need to do anything else? Ive never heard of it before, but just googled it and it does say its one of the symptoms of GD, but surely the dr would have said if he was concerned?

Another thing, they say that women with GD tend to have bigger babies dont they? And going from the weights you have been given so far, Cayden is defo not on the larger side is he.

Ive had the sore belly at times, but my lo has his back to my stomach so I think thats what it is. He likes sticking it right out which makes it feel really stretched and uncomfy.

Sorry I couldnt be more help! xxx

As above ^^ :)

Just wanted to add - I had a blood result back which showed slightly elevated glucose. Went for my GTT (glucose tolerance test) and the level had halved (well below the maximum), so no worries and all clear. A one-off result should be backed up with more tests and you shouldn't put yourself through worry :)

I also had one urine test with trace protein, but we all put that down to a slight thrush infection I must've picked up as I was back to clear at the next app :)

Heya hun

no info at all given today On GD or the glucose

Nurse just said that iv to mention to consultant when up for scan and checkup nxt wed, and that for me to cut out sweets and fizzy drinks
[[ i love my sweets :(]] ..

if anythin shows up in consultant app nxt wk il prob be tested
but either way am gunna get them to do the Glucose TT just to be sure..
better safe sorta thing

No they actually monitioring him to make sure he putting on the weight and growing ok, they reckon he's gunna be small enough baby, but they wanna watch as Lakeisha was only 4lb 8oz at 42weeks..

xxx

I had a GTT and it turned out that I have GD. Not a great thing to have but i can control mine with diet and a tablet twice a day. I am sure they will do more tests to confirm either way but GD isnt the end of the world, I promise :hugs:

Snoopy
Thanks

I had the Blood and urine and was treated for nasty Kidney infection/uti
1 week later (Last thur) Urine showed NAD on sample

and now 1 week later im showin +1 Glucose:shrug:

Ill just have to wait it out and see what happens next week at app sooo :(

xx

Are they not sending you for a GTT in the meantime? The sooner you know whether it's a one-off result or developing GD the sooner you can deal with it :)

Are they not sending you for a GTT in the meantime? The sooner you know whether it's a one-off result or developing GD the sooner you can deal with it :)

:nope:

wasnt a hosp app i had today was just with Nurse in GP surgery..
Im gonna ring the Hosp tommrow and mention and maybe they'll bring me
up before the end of the week so i can hav results for next wed.. but tbh
wudnt be suprised if they didnt bother :shrug:
xx

I have GD and I'm currently testing my sugar levels 4 times a day. So far, I'm managing my levels by cutting down my sweets and starches. As the baby grows and the hormone levels go up, it will be harder to control so I might be put on medication or insulin. It's a pain in the butt and was really hard in the beginning. I just tell myself it's only temporary.

OKAY stupid question alert :blush: :(
but if gtt shows GD , so i have to poke myself with needle everyday?
if so where do you do it..:blush:
i a proper baby when comes to the likes of that

You have to prick yourself and get a small drop of blood in order to test for sugar levels. It's not really painful, the needle is really thin and it's a fast poke.

OKAY stupid question alert :blush: :(
but if gtt shows GD , so i have to poke myself with needle everyday?
if so where do you do it..:blush:
i a proper baby when comes to the likes of that

First things first (and GD sufferers will be able to help more than I)...

I was told the first thing they'd do is send you for a diet assessment. Sometimes the simplest changes to diet can keep everything in check and solve the problem. It depends how bad your results are.

Second, I'd be asking to be referred for the GTT asap. It was a routine MW blood test that showed elevated glucose in mine and the GTT was straightforward. It's different for different places....I know some women have a very managed test whereas I just had to fast for 12 hours (at home), chug down 410ml of lucozade (at home) and 2 hours later get my bloods drawn.

What you need to see first is whether your glucose result was merely a blip - even eating too many bagels or having too much fizzy drink can skew a result :)

Poppet what a harsh time your having!!! i dont have any advice really other than the send you the biggest huggles :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: !! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had high levels (+++) of glucose in my urine for over a month which turned out to be nothing to worry about. I had 3 different blood tests (including the GTT) and all of them came back with normal glucose levels. My midwife says that is not uncommon during pregnancy for your kidneys to leak glucose through the urine and as long as your blood glucose are OK, then it's nothing to worry about.

So, glucose in the urine could indicate GD but not necessarily. I'd get the GTT and then go from there. Also, a one off urine positive is frequently the result of what you've eaten in the couple hours prior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->