Grocery shopping costs?

Looks like the majority of us are spending more that £100 then - the supermarkets are raking it in aren't they?!!

just me and DD and i cook everything from fresh so i spend about £50 a week or so, dd does have some jared baby food which is a lot of money

I went for £90 to £100 ... it's occasionally just over that though :shrug:

Bear in mind though that my household consists of 4 adults ... me, DH, DD1 and my 17 year old son PLUS another 2 - 4 on Sundays when Tattie, her OH and my 'adopted' children come for dinner.

It also includes the pet food for 3 dogs and 5 cats :dohh::dohh:

I said between £90 and £100 but sometimes it may be more or less.

About £50 but it's just the two of us. We buy the dogs food separately as they have organic food from the net. We actually spend more when we buy the dogs food than on our own :dohh:
x

Wow, I wish I could spend under £100 a week on shopping..... I rarely spend under £120, but that's 2 adults, 3 children, baby, 3 cats and 1 dog! :haha: xxx

I feel slightly better now. I keep trying to get ours down to about £45 but it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle, we usually end up between £50-60 for the 3 of us including all cleaning supplies etc.

Well my budget is £40 a week for me and OH but it is difficult to stick to, I usually go about £10 to £15 over but I can't afford to anymore so will have to start cutting back!

That does cover everything though, Breakfast lunches and dinners and some snacks, toiletries and cleaning products.

i spend about £40 a week and then once every month about £60 when all our freezer stuff runs down,

thats for me, OH and LO who is 1 and eats the same as us, including toddler milk, nappies, OHs packed lunches, toiletries and cleaning products,

this week i spent 80 cus we were on holiday last week so we had nothing in really at all

we dont eat cuts of meat really though, we have mince, sausages, chicken breasts etc but no proper cuts or anything cus i dont like it,
we eat alot of pasta, baked potatos, and mince based meals like spagbol, shepards pie, chilli, potato hash etc i also make us pies quite alot too but use stewing steak which is quite cheap we tend to buy cleaning and washing stuff when its on offer and i buy whatever butter/bread/cereal is on offer
me and LO normally have cereal or toast for breakfast and something quick like soup or sandwich for lunch so we eat quite cheaply id say, :)

I spent $89 this week, some weeks I spend more like $140

not incl. milk during the week which is probably an extra $10

I think if I planned out all the meals based on what's on sale I could do better

We roughly spend between 70-100 on shopping depending on the week. We cook everything from scratch but we always make sure we buy in loads of meat. We always top up on fresh salad and veg fr the week. But this usually also includes LO's milk formula, wipes, a few diff cereals for him and mini meals for him in cudboard. I do try and get most meat from butchers and veg from market but some times easier to do all in one go. Saves me lugging it back from town

We used to spend loads, prob £100 each week. We'd buy what we fancied and pop into tesco's for more. Since i went p/t and our income reduced we have been forced to set a budget and we now have £60 a week which is more than enough-that includes toiletries, bday cards, clothes for LO if we need them-anything. If you have a budget, you have to stick to it and you start to realise where you can cut back.We still eat, loads! Just more cleverly and more sensibly x

£80-90 FOR me, dh and LO, cooking from scratch is always more expensive in my experience, we tend to go for pre prepared meat meals and frozen veggies.
Buy own brand nappies, and any other stuff like toiletries, household goods usually have to be on special offer, Im not brand loyal. we always go every sunday morning.
Most foods in our trolley is also own brand (sainsburys) as I prefer it as well as it being cheaper, we dont shop anywhere else for our food, perhaps we will nip into tescos on a friday night for some wine/beer as its near. :D

I do a big shop every 2 weeks and then buy top up fresh stuf when we need it. We spend about £80 every 2 weeks and prob about £20 on top up stuff so roughly £50 a week that is for Me DH and DD

i spend loads some weeks i can easy top 200 for the 5 of us, but thats only because i can iykwim, im sure if i tried to budget or bought cheaper versions i could save a bit

I voted between 60-70 a week because the conversion calculator says 100 dollars is 64 pounds roughly.

I do one big shopping for storage\pantry items like pasta, rice, potato flakes, canned goods, frozen veggies, meat to pack in zip top bags for the freezer etc. Then once to twice a week for meat, bread, dairy products and fresh produce.

I put less than 50 GBP, because that's about $80 here which is what it costs us weekly, unless we have to buy diapers then the cost goes up! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->