Grocery shopping costs?

we spent around £70 per week me, hubby and 1 baby
i can't control to less than that... spent £70 and only for essential things

wel i budget £200 a month so £50 a week me n oh both work full time but hes only been at his job a year so still on a low income so dont have much left over.

we have fresh meals everyday and usually the last week of the month we eat cheaply its our cheap week lol

if i go with oh it ends up being £100 a time as he sees things he wants dvds, snacks, toys for ds. so i tend to go alone.

i would say on a cheap week i send £50 thats 5 days meals lunches and snacks nappys wipes baby milk/food

on a normal week around £75 and that includes toiletries cleaning stuff etc so always go over budget thats only 5 days at weekends i spend another £20 easily xxx

I can't understand the money amounts in I think it's euros?
I spend probably 400 a week on a family of five, it's ridiculous :nope: The economy is terrible and the cost of gas and other things just keep rising, I hope it gets better soon, but I think it will take maybe 5 years :nope:

We buy for hubby, me, a 4yr old a 2yr old and we have hubby's son once a week. We budget £100 a week for food, nappies, toiletries, cleaning stuff etc but normally spend about £70-£90. There are times we spend the full £100 but that's usually because we've thrown a DVD or something in, or like now because we're buying extra food for Christmas. Hubby and I used to spend about £90 a week when it was just the 2 of us which was ridiculous, the amount of stuff we wasted was unreal. We managed to cut the costs right down by meal planning. I write a list of 7 dinners and just buy the ingredients for those dinners and then enough for lunch, breakfast and snacks. We go shopping every Thursday so we know exactly how long we need each shop to last for.

We spend about 50 USD a week on groceries. I already keep a lot of staples in stock and buy in bulk for things like rice, sugar, flour, pasta, pre-packaged side meals... the $50 goes mostly to meat, produce, milk, juice, breads etc. To be fair, it's also only two people - one of which can bring home most any produce ingredient I require for a meal.

We spend just a little less on the pets food, probably $25 a week, but we also buy in bulk for them. We buy hollistic dog food, and go through about 10lbs of dry food a week. That's the most costly part. They also eat part raw meat diet, but I tend to not need to spend more than $5 a week on suitable meats.

I couponed for a while and worked hard to stock up on about a year's worth of most toiletries (aside from toilet paper) for about $10.

I can't understand the money amounts in I think it's euros?
I spend probably 400 a week on a family of five, it's ridiculous :nope: The economy is terrible and the cost of gas and other things just keep rising, I hope it gets better soon, but I think it will take maybe 5 years :nope:

Very true, especially living in New York, where I hear the cost of living is horrendous.

Between my husband, my daughter and myself, we try to spend the maximum of 50 USD a week. That means we have to shop at the Dollar General. I cannot wait to apply for benefits.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->