Gross out things you do for your LO?

Cleaning out her ears, picking her bogies, being covered in baby sick and not caring, wiping her dribble with my hand and wiping it on myself because there's nowhere else to put it, putting her dummy in my mouth (despite her dribble and snot all over it), to "clean it" :shrug: I would be grossed out by touching my OH's bogies, but LO's are fine because I made her :smug:

I had a sick shower today - Sick+Sneeze=Sick Shower

That would have had me gagging 3 months ago, today I just wiped him, then me and carried on playing with him xx

The bogeys, and the poo nappies, lol.

Someone was telling me they suck their babies bogeys out of their nose with their mouth.

Ok, i love my babies, but :sick:

ewww

i have a nasal aspirator much nicer for baby and ME lol

I've done the sucking out boogies one, as the winter months are really dry, and the aspirator and bulb wasn't moving them!

... And it's boogies that would make me so sick, previous to LO! :haha:

Also have pushed LO's knees up to his belly, to help him fart! :haha: Better out then in, as they say!

Addenum: I just hope I still am as resilient, when he's older and things like poo and vomitting get a little more... colorful.

Some fab answers ladies!!! and some seriously gross ones too :rofl:

The bogeys, and the poo nappies, lol.

Someone was telling me they suck their babies bogeys out of their nose with their mouth.

Ok, i love my babies, but :sick:

I know someone who does this!
I have a French aspirator that you suck on the end of the tube and the snot goes into a filter not your mouth! before that i tried 2 uk nasal aspirators and they were both useless IMO!

There's nothing really that I do for her that used to gross me out!

bogies lol and of course sick when there a bit older when there eating big food lol still makes me gag x

I'm a nurse and in my ward days and nights I cleaned up the most disgusting things ever so baby sick, poo etc. don't phase me in the slightest! Picking bogies is the one thing I'd never had to do!!

Picking/wiping her nose. The explosive nappies! Sick, earwax...

Aah, the joys of being a mummy.

My babies are 2 months old and hubby still hasn't changed a single nappy. He gags whenever he even accidentally walks into the nursery and sees me changing the babies.

I have now taken to chasing him round the house with a pooey nappy just to annoy him :D

lool sounds jus like my hubby! :haha:

I always swore I would never lick a tissue or my finger to wipe his face because I thought it was vile but I soon learnt its natures wet wipe :)

Im not grossed out by much to be honest, I can handle blood, puke anything like that fine (not just with LO) but spit and flum is my phobia, it makes me feel ill if I see someone spit or they make that clear the back of their nose sound but if it means making my baby comfertable then ill suck the snot out of his nose (thank god I have a nasal squigy though) :)

:rofl: I was just wondering the other day when getting poop on me stopped eliciting a 'Eww eww ick' flailing dance and turned into, "Oh, oops. I'd better remember to wash that off.'

If my LO is showing signs she is about to poo in the bath, my husband (who does bath times) takes her out, lays her on her changing mat, puts loo roll under her bum and cycles her legs round and round to try and get it out so he can put her in the bath. LOL. I can often hear him cheering her on. :nope: :haha: Really! :o Like 'come on, come on' as he holds her knees to her chest. Then he plonks her back in the bath lol. I am going to get her a potty for those moments. That is a gross one if you ask me.

I don't really find anything else gross. Maybe when poo slips out of her nappy when I am changing her, and it's a mushy one. I'm not keen on that, but it doesn't repulse me. It would if it was someone else's child though!

I know this is a weird one, but putting cream on LO's bum, especially when you have to go inside it just that little bit where it is red. Poo that comes up the back of him and gets all over me is bad too lol... yuk. I don't like picking boogies either I let OH do that. I can handle baby spew easy though and wiping his bum, just not getting poo on me or the cream thing!

All the usual body fluid type things never really bothered me (except when I was pregnant) so nose picking, ear picking and pooey bums not an issue. I have to confess though that I had to do something I never thought I'd do in a million years. I had to suck the snot out of LO's nose with my mouth :sick: As previously mentioned
He had a cold. Poor little bugger couldn't breath, and I couldn't find the nasal aspirator anywhere and he was getting in such a state I'd steamed, vicks'd and used the saline drops there was nothing else for it. I'm still shocked and slightly repulsed at myself but it worked (better than the aspirator too).

Lol! my mom did that for us, she has a weak tummy i am sure she had to puke after but yes she did it.

I really don't find anything gross anymore. I cut him several times with the nail clipper so i just bite off his nails.

I love the husband mentioned earlier who catches the sick. Good commitment!

None of it has really bothered me so far. The first time I opened her nappy mid poo was interesting though. Play doh fun factory anyone?! :haha:

I love the husband mentioned earlier who catches the sick. Good commitment!

None of it has really bothered me so far. The first time I opened her nappy mid poo was interesting though. Play doh fun factory anyone?! :haha:

Its a skill. Oh dear god, when its solids too its horrific! :rofl: he just catches it and gets rid of it! :sick: and its never just a lil!

I love this thread. Here are mine:

1 - Wiping his dribble up with my sleeve.

2 - Picking the bogeys out of his nose.

3 - Once, some of his wee went on my jeans when he was having some nappy free time and I forgot to change them. Remembered later in the day. Oops

4 - The other night, he was in his cot and did a massive fart. I was worried that it may have been a poo but I didn't want to disturb him by changing him unless it was absolutely necessary so I opened his growbag and undid a couple of buttons of his sleepsuit and then just stuck my hand into his nappy to see if there was anything there!!! Thankfully it was empty!

Who says being a mum isn't glamorous.

My babies are 2 months old and hubby still hasn't changed a single nappy. He gags whenever he even accidentally walks into the nursery and sees me changing the babies.

I have now taken to chasing him round the house with a pooey nappy just to annoy him :D

That is so funny, your LOs are really cute xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"