Group B strep

cutie4evr01

Reaction score
I've just got the call that I've tested positive for Group B strep. The nurse said it just means I'll have penicillin through the IV when I get to the hospital. Does anyone know if there are any side effects on a newborn from penicillin? Anyone who had group B strep and had penicillin and had no problems? I'd love to hear an encouraging story. Thanks!

i've tested positive for group b strep with both my pregnancies, with katie, i had the antibiotics, there were no sideaffects on her whatsoever, they only get minimal amounts through your eally, but its enough to be effective.

with ella, i had her too quickly, didnt even make it to the hospital :lol: sometimes they give baby antibiotics if thats the case, bt they just monitored her for 12 hours xx

I didn't find out til afterwards. We were kept in hospital for 5 days and both given anti-biotics

I have that as well. I found out at 25 weeks while they where looking for something else. I was very worried. But it seems that it is very safe to have the antibiotics and if you go to quick then they will give them to the baby. Which is also safe. Its fairly commen so would of been given to a lot of women and babys.

i had G.B.S really bad an my oldest boy was really ill wiv it iwasnt tested durin pregnancy wiv him if i had been it would of protected him from it as i would have of had meds to help unfortunatly myself an my 2 boys are allergic to penicillin so wiv me eldest we was in hospital for 2 weeks in neo natel unit my youngest was okish a lil bit ill but no where nearly as bad as my eldest im currently pregnant wiv my third an havin probs gettin the hospital to test me wiv it even thou i suffered really badly wiv G.B.S till earlier this yr which is 5 odd yrs i had probs wiv it i hope all goes ok 4 you an keep pesterin them about treatment as it can be hard to get it out of them as its rare for the mother to suffer from it after birth x

I found out I have it yesterday..... I am allergic to penicillan so I was told I would be given clyndamycin (? spelling ? ). The Dr said its very common.... like 1 in every 3 pregnant women... so I figured great I would end up being that one lol!

I just found out I have GBS a few weeks ago too, was worried at first but now I've read about it I'm fine. :)

I'm GBS positive but only found out after my DS was born nearly 7 yrs ago. I had prolonged rupture of membranes so they gave me antibiotics anyway. I'm allergic to penicillin as well so I had whatever the other one was (you're supposed to have it for slightly longer). I don't think I had them in enough time as DS was quite ill with strep B when he was born but he was kept in SCBU for a week and given antibiotics. He had no ill effects from the antibiotics and nearly 7 years later he is a strapping lad in age 9 clothes!!

I think midwives, hosptials etc are far hotter with GBS now thanks to https://www.gbss.org.uk/index.php . My DD was also strep b positive but I had her by c section in the end (for lot's of other medical reasons).

i had antibiotics thru a IV during labour with my daughter im allergic to penacillin so i had sumthing else but i had no side effects neither did my baby im having it again this time around as well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->