Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

oh and my favourite movies as a teenager were back to the future, top gun, dirty dancing and ghost...the last 2 are still my favourite! rip patrick :angel:

Have you seen Too Wong Foo? Patrick at his best! So very funny. :thumbup:

oh and my favourite movies as a teenager were back to the future, top gun, dirty dancing and ghost...the last 2 are still my favourite! rip patrick :angel:

Love those films :thumbup:

I remember the bottle tops although wasn't a huge fan of Bros :) :thumbup:

more 80's memories:

anyone use 'sun in' in their hair (made it go orange!!)

I had a bf that wore obsession for men, I loved it!!! its still going

anyone remember the grolsch bottle tops people wore on their shoes because bros wore them (only uk members will remember!!)

my first concert was haircut 100, I also went to see duran duran x 2, bucks fizz :blush:, nik kershaw, aha....I had a 9 yr older sister who would take me :thumbup:

Ooh yeah I remember Bros, they were all yucky and plastic looking in the days BEFORE fake tan and plastic features caught on.

Fragrance wise I had a BF who used to drown himself in so much Lynx I couldn't get near him, and I wore Anais Anais and Guess.

Actually that might have been the 90s LOL I wore IMPULSE body spray as a teenager

@Northstar- I forgot about Guess. If I remember correctly, that one is really really sweet smelling, lol.

Anyone remember Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed as Robin Hood?

I loved that show, I wept buckets when they killed him off.

@Naorthstar- I forgot about Guess. If I remember correctly, that one is really really sweet smelling, lol.

Yep, I don't really like the sweet ones now.

I used to wear soooo much hair gel and it was agony trying to detangle my curly hair - godamn you to hell BANANARAMA:haha:

I remember it and never missed an episode :thumbup:

Re: To Wong Fu - I have it on dvd and watch it every 2-3 months and dance round the room singing to it :laugh2:

What about Hong Kong Phooey, Number 1 superguy?

His GF was a human secretary lady LOL

Me, me, me! He was lush....sigh.....

Anybody remember White Diamonds, Beautiful, or Sunflowers? That was all I smelled in school!

I know them all. White Diamonds and Beautiful were Estee Lauder. My first perfume was Knowing and then I moved on to Spellbound. Makes me think of Sixth Form.

Sunflowers was Elizabeth Arden. I progressed to True Love not long after ... oh then Splendour. Long Live the early 90s!!!!!

Anybody remember White Diamonds, Beautiful, or Sunflowers? That was all I smelled in school!

I know them all. White Diamonds and Beautiful were Estee Lauder. My first perfume was Knowing and then I moved on to Spellbound. Makes me think of Sixth Form.

Sunflowers was Elizabeth Arden. I progressed to True Love not long after ... oh then Splendour. Long Live the early 90s!!!!!

Every now and then I still break out 5th Avenue by Arden, lol. I love Knowing, even today, lol.

more 80's memories:

anyone use 'sun in' in their hair (made it go orange!!)

I had a bf that wore obsession for men, I loved it!!! its still going

anyone remember the grolsch bottle tops people wore on their shoes because bros wore them (only uk members will remember!!)

my first concert was haircut 100, I also went to see duran duran x 2, bucks fizz :blush:, nik kershaw, aha....I had a 9 yr older sister who would take me :thumbup:

Yes to Sun in. Did you also try Henna from the Body Shop to make it go Red? It smelled disgusting!

Obsession for Men! Ha ha really takes me back. Yes it's still going strong.

I was a Brosette and proud of it. (When will I be famous??)

Didn't make it to any of the concerts but they must have been fun! :thumbup:

Oooh I forgot about Obsession, yeah I used to wear that - remember the ads "AAaaaaah the smell of it" LOL

And Elizabeth Taylor's Passion!

what about Vidal Sasoon and Gloria Vanderbilt?

I used sun in!

I didn't know P Swayze passed away....?....

He died a few years ago now:shrug:

I used sun in even though I had blonde hair:wacko: does anyone remember the jeans that had the knees that either snapped or zippered down? I tried to find a pic to show my DD and couldn't find one, I also had a pair of the fake leather pants....I don't know what I was thinking I was only in grade 7 so I'll blame my mother for buying me those :winkwink:

I had the dark blue GV jeans with white stitching....My sisters had same with yellow stitching...

Passion smelled like skunk to me....PU...still like Obsession and Opium for men...

Summer of 1989, my friends cousin visited from the big city, and showed us to roll joints with the dried up fibrey bits off the inside of a banana and some crushed up paracaetomol, whilst we listened to Skid Row.

Needless to say no one got much effect off the "joints" LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"