Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

A bit off-topic, but still nostalgic....

On Father's Day, my siblings and I were all IMing together (all 4 of us) and we were trying to remember the aftershave my father used to wear....

Did anyone's dad wear AFTA aftershave lotion?

https://img04.static-nextag.com/image/Colgate-Palmolive-Afta-Shave/1/000/007/619/145/761914597.jpg

Anyway....They still sell it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My husband bought one for my brother and my sister's husband....

Mmmm.....It's so cheap, but it smells soooooo good....

Back in the day my dad was an Old Spice guy, lol.

Mine too Dach!!!

My dad wore hi karate :)

My first boyfriend wore Blue Stratos and my Mum's just bought me some Anais Anais, didn't think they did it anymore! Anyone remember Poison??

My first boyfriend wore Blue Stratos and my Mum's just bought me some Anais Anais, didn't think they did it anymore! Anyone remember Poison??

Well it says a lot about your taste in men at that age that your first boyfriend wore Blue Stratos :haha::haha:

I honestly can't remember what any of my boyfriends wore - maybe my memory is trying to erase them :haha:

My mum wore Anais Anais and I used to wear Poison but I think the smell of it now may make me :sick:

Well it says a lot about your taste in men at that age that your first boyfriend wore Blue Stratos :haha::haha:

I honestly can't remember what any of my boyfriends wore - maybe my memory is trying to erase them :haha:

My mum wore Anais Anais and I used to wear Poison but I think the smell of it now may make me :sick:

Hmm....yea he was a bit dodgy, I'll admit that :haha:

Poison :sick::thumbup:

Don't forget Denim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5TuGQcXgc8

In my six year old mind I thought that any man who wore this would be the height of all things sophisticated!! :blush:

Edited: I posted the link not realising it would come up like that. Hope I don't get into trouble...

My first perfume was Anais Anais...:haha:
And my second was Poison...:haha:

OMG....What a commercial!:haha:

Anybody remember White Diamonds, Beautiful, or Sunflowers? That was all I smelled in school!

Anybody remember White Diamonds, Beautiful, or Sunflowers? That was all I smelled in school!

I remember Beautiful but not the others :) The boys always bathed in their aftershave so smoothed the smell of the girls :haha:

I remember Beautiful but not the others :) The boys always bathed in their aftershave so smoothed the smell of the girls :haha:

I used to work for Estee Lauder and the only fragrance I could stand was Beautiful, but I hate it now! lol

more 80's memories:

anyone use 'sun in' in their hair (made it go orange!!)

I had a bf that wore obsession for men, I loved it!!! its still going

anyone remember the grolsch bottle tops people wore on their shoes because bros wore them (only uk members will remember!!)

my first concert was haircut 100, I also went to see duran duran x 2, bucks fizz :blush:, nik kershaw, aha....I had a 9 yr older sister who would take me :thumbup:

oh and my favourite movies as a teenager were back to the future, top gun, dirty dancing and ghost...the last 2 are still my favourite! rip patrick :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->