Growing up in the 70s & 80s - off topic!

AHAHA no Ruth, but the Levi's store in San Francisco HAS THAT... you can wear them and they have a huge tub like thing ...I thought it was awesome LOL

Levi 501 Jeans, oh I loved my Levis.

They costed a FORTUNE in the UK, I used to get my American rellies to send me a pair for Xmas every year....

AHAHA no Ruth, but the Levi's store in San Francisco HAS THAT... you can wear them and they have a huge tub like thing ...I thought it was awesome LOL

I wasn't privileged enough to have a pair of jeans until I was God knows how old. :blush: It was my older sister who had the GV's and I distinctly remember her filling the bath and climbing in with them on to make them shrink to fit. No wonder it didn't work - she should have done it with Levis! :dohh: I always wanted her jeans but by the time they could fit me, they were well out of fashion!

I do remember saving up my Sainsbury's Saturday job money for a pair of 501s though. Took me MONTHS!!

Ladies who loved the Adventure Game :D And for those who don't remember it :)

https://youtu.be/okRea54TE_w
https://youtu.be/wL31efP60Zc

I LOVE this thread!! lol.
I remember going to school with so much goo in my hair - gel, mousse (on my super tight curly perm lol) that my hair could have doubled as a helmet should I have had an accident on the way here.

I had a bit of a thing for red hair (still do) but it was more orange back then - I was inspired by Cindi Lauper and "girls just wanna have fun"

me and my friends snuck out of school in order to see the luch time episode of neighbours when Scott and Charlene got married - remember the Angry Anderson song "suddenly" that accompanied the wedding??

So I just bought tickets to see Journey, Night Ranger, and Foreigner, lol.

I heard about it on the radio and couldn't pass it up, lol. :happydance:

I'm watching the Adventure Game - thanks Macwooly!

It looks a little date but I still adore it :D

And I was amazed to see Moira Stewart on it :wacko:

Finesse! We had that in New Zealand! I used to use it all the time. Now my hair is like a birds nest, no amount of hairspray is gonna help my mop :haha:

I havent read thru this whole thread, and I dont know a lot of the TV shows that were listed at the beginning, but here are a few that I used to watch when i was a kid.

Famous Five
Worzel Gummidge
You Cant do That On Television
Degrassi (kids of degrassi st, Degrassi Junior high, Degrassi High...and I have been known to watch the newer ones.)
...........Ummm.....
Count Duckula
The Flintstones

...I'll think of some more later...

me and my friends snuck out of school in order to see the luch time episode of neighbours when Scott and Charlene got married - remember the Angry Anderson song "suddenly" that accompanied the wedding??

I forgot it had that song!!!!

There wasnt a TV in Australia that wasnt tuned into Channel 10 the night Scott and Charlene got married! Hahahahaha! How many girls wanted to be a mechanic when they grew up, just like Charlene?

I havent read thru this whole thread, and I dont know a lot of the TV shows that were listed at the beginning, but here are a few that I used to watch when i was a kid.

Famous Five
Worzel Gummidge
You Cant do That On Television
Degrassi (kids of degrassi st, Degrassi Junior high, Degrassi High...and I have been known to watch the newer ones.)
...........Ummm.....
Count Duckula
The Flintstones

...I'll think of some more later...

I forgot Count Duckula :D

I still love count duckula and look for episodes on youtube.

Count Duckula, that was a good show!

What about RentaGhost?

Remember Mr Claypole the Jester?

Kylie Minogue was also a positive role model for girls with curly hair, until she betrayed the curly community by going straight!!!!

Part of the first episode of Rentaghost :laugh2: https://youtu.be/DK66hHbwj1c

There were some posts further back about perfumes......My school always smelled like Impulse body sprays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->