Growth Scan Today!!! Not so good =[

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
At my last one (34 weeks) he weighed a healthy 4.9lbs, but they still want to check! He should be about 6.5lbs atm...We shall see in an hour or so!!

Well its not so good, he weighs 5.7lbs, i thought gaining nearly a pound in 3 weeks was good? Obviously not. Had to see the consultant after who said 'something' was picked up on the scan. I went into a bit of a daze at this point. They don't want me to go beyond my due date. Booked in for a sweep and possibile induction on the 11th may, ill be just over 38 weeks. If they don't do the induction then it will be the following week.

I walked out shaking and crying, i can't have this baby in two weeks, i don't know what to do! Im hoping the sweep fails tbh

sorry to be nosey but how come ur having a growth scan r u measuring big/small, i wanna see my baby agen :(

Good luck hun, let us know how you get on! xx

I have always had small babies ...if the scan shows baby asnt put on as much as they think baby should they decide to bring baby out early if they decide to do this its due to baby being better out then in ...That sounds awful but it isnt :hugs: my babies have all been 5lbers and they still get to go straight home please try not to stress xxx

Good luck hun, I'm sure everything will be ok. :hug:

I'm sure everything will be OK. try not to stress about it. I'm going in next week to be induced as on my growth scan they said my baby was too big. if it's going to be for the best for you & your LO, surely this has to be a good thing, don't you think?

Incidentally, regardless of when the LO is due, no-one feels ready for it - you are not alone feeling this way :hug:

Oh hun im sure everything will be fine and as long as baby comes out healthy it dont matter when he comes

:hug:

awwwwww hun sry bout this news, but some babies are just small and some a big, gladthere looking after u tho ...... am sure ur LO will be just fine :hugs:

Hope you are feeling better, it will be ok. LO will be happy and healthy and looking forward to seeing you. The docs will be making the best decisions for you and the LO so you are both well.

Don't worry about not being ready, apparently it all happens naturally and before you've even had time to think (or panic) everything will fall into place. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks for all you kinds words. Im feeling alot better about it now i've had time to think. He'll be fine, just small! An excuse to buy small baby clothes =]

Jack was 4lb 9oz at his 34 week and born at 39+3 at 5lb 9oz. Fine and healthy, just small.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better about the news, I'm sure it did come as a shock to you hunny, you didn't expect to become a mummy so soon did you?! I thought the weight seemed OK although I'm not an obstetrician and they obviously are looking after you. If it's worrying you that 'something' was picked up on the scan then could you not ring the doc back and ask for more info? Also by May 11th he'll have probably gained a bit more weight :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->