Growth Scan Today!!! Not so good =[

ahh sweety i am so sorry.. hope things go better for u.. keep me updated.. i will add u as a friend.. please do keep me updated just incase i miss ur updated thread.. i will be thinking bout ya.. just hang in there.. try not to stress.. i know better now that it threw me into premature labor at 30 weeks last week..

Good luck sweetie. I think they know its best to get the baby out then rather then waiting. That is why you are getting a sweep. I am so sorry for the scare and hope the baby is ok. hugs

Good Luck hun,
The hosp know what they are doing, they wouldn't try and get things going early if they didn't think it was for the best. Maybe they think LO will be better off outside the womb so you can get it all fed up and help it put some weight on.
Try not to worry too much, hey, look on the positive side, you are going to meet your baby in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx

Aww hun, I know it must have been a shock but Im glad you are feeling better about it, they just want to do whats best for you and your LO, we are all here for you, take care :hugs: XX

HI hun just wanted to say that at my growth scan at 36 weeks baby was 5lb 14oz and they said that she was quite big...???? Average, but on the bigger side, so yours can't be far off that, try not to worry too much. xxxx

Good luck hun, thinking of you x

oh dear :(

sorry you didn't get the news you wanted!

as everybody else has said there's a reason for it, and whatever way whatever stage your baby comes out... so long as it's for the best and the safest way then it's not a bad thing!

xXx

awww darling... good luck - come and rant on here as much as you need. Don't be scared - c'mon girlie, you can do this!
:laugh2:

Good luck hun....
Whatever happens, know that at 38 weeks, your baby is mature enough (lungs) to have a healthy life.

Wishing you all the best...and sending you hugs..:hug:

At my last one (34 weeks) he weighed a healthy 4.9lbs, but they still want to check! He should be about 6.5lbs atm...We shall see in an hour or so!!

Well its not so good, he weighs 5.7lbs, i thought gaining nearly a pound in 3 weeks was good? Obviously not. Had to see the consultant after who said 'something' was picked up on the scan. I went into a bit of a daze at this point. They don't want me to go beyond my due date. Booked in for a sweep and possibile induction on the 11th may, ill be just over 38 weeks. If they don't do the induction then it will be the following week.

I walked out shaking and crying, i can't have this baby in two weeks, i don't know what to do! Im hoping the sweep fails tbh

The scan could be off... I know that my son had a 1 pound difference in his weight from what they predicted.

I have been told by my midwife and my friend who is a maternity nurse some things that may reassure you....I hope:

- The estimated weights on scans are just rough estimates and can be out by over a pound (sometimes even more) especially at the end as everything get all squashed up in there. It's really hard to get accurate measurements.

- Sweeps only work about 10% of the time. My nurse friend said she's not even sure why they do them as she's only seen them cause cramping, but not start true labor. A sweep will only work if baby is ready to come out and might help speed things along in early labor.

So try not to worry too much hun. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope everything goes ok hun. Don't forget at 38 weeks you're classed as full term so bubs will be fine. Lots of love x x x

It will all be okay I am sure... as others have said... 38 weeks is full term.... and weights are not totally accurate... so just be excited to meet your little person in 2 weeks... lucky you...:hugs:

Wishing you all the best.

i'm in a similar position although I've been told my baby is looking on the large side! At my growth scan at 36 weeks (although was 36 + 6) the baby measured 7lbs 13. I have to go back on 6 May to be measured again and to see if my cervix is favourable and they may decide to induce me!

It upset me too to begin with but have heard the scans are not always acurate and my midwife has advised me just to look on it reasuringly that they are keeping an eye on me and the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->