Growth scan today *** UPDATE in first post- results of scan ***

K

Katieeeee

Morning ladies! I have a growth scan at 3 o'clock today. I had my GTT and I don't have gestational diabetes, so if they do find out he's a fatty, will I just be allowed to carry on without being induced?

What exactly happens in a growth scan?

Thankyouuuuuuu

---------------------------------------------

Well here is what happened...

I'll write down what the report says...
---------------------------------------

Growth scan- 32/40 measures 35cm
Fetus: single fetus
FHB Seen: Yes
Estimated weight: 2.328 kg

Presentation: Cephalic
Liquor volume: Normal
Placental site: Left lateral
Gestational age by scan: 33 weeks

EFW= +/- 20%
33+0 - sent to ANC

BPD 86 mm = 34 wks 2 days mean
HC 314 mm = 34 wks 3 days mean
AC 300 mm = 35 wks 3 days mean
FL 65 mm = 34 wks 1 days mean

---------------------------------------

She gave me a little photo of him for free bless her, because she got a lovely shot of his cute little face. And on the photo it says EFW: 5 lb 3oz + 1lb 3oz.

So the sonographer said it all looked fine, he was measuring a week or so ahead on everything...but his tummy was measuring the biggest and was just over 2 weeks ahead. She then sent me to the ante natal clinic.....they said to me that everything looks fine and he's just measuring big and have booked me for a consultant appt for 2 weeks time. What do I need this for? Although they said everything looks fine I can't help but worry!

I did tell them that I was almost 10lb when I was born...

Just becuase his tummy is measuring big it worries me that something is wrong with him! :(

Good luck hun! I had one with Lily and they can't really tell you 100% the size but roughly- Lily was measuring big so they gave me the choice of being induced day before my due date which I took but my midwife said St johns don't induce for size much anymore so you should be fine hun.

It's basically just a normal ultrasound babe in the normal ultrasound bit! x

Good luck hun! I had one with Lily and they can't really tell you 100% the size but roughly- Lily was measuring big so they gave me the choice of being induced day before my due date which I took but my midwife said St johns don't induce for size much anymore so you should be fine hun.

It's basically just a normal ultrasound babe in the normal ultrasound bit! x

Thankyou Emily! I'm excited to see him again :happydance: And I'm not so nervous now I know I don't have GD....I just pray everything's ok with him, he had a quiet few days but he's back to his normal self now.

It's amazing to see how huge they are on the screen now lol! I have my GD test in a few weeks again :(

Good luck with it hunny! x

It's amazing to see how huge they are on the screen now lol! I have my GD test in a few weeks again :(

Good luck with it hunny! x

Aww I hope it goes ok. :hugs: It's unlikely you'll have it if you haven't had it in the past though right?

And yeah I can't imagine how big he's gonna look! Probably not worth asking for a photo if he's gonna be dissapearing off the screen :dohh:

hi hun i had a growth scan at 27 weeks cus lil man has an enlarged kidney and cus he is measuring big! i had my GTT yesterday so just waiting on my results! fingers crossed its not GD. At the growth scan they did a few measurements like at 20 week scan but its not as detailed and you dont get a picture as bubs is too big to fit on on page! lol! hope it all goes well! be nice to know how much your bubs measures! mine is 3lb 4oz at 28 weeks! lil chubba!! lol! xx

They measure femur length, head size and abdominal size and if you ask they can give you an estimated weight

Hope all goes well with the scan, hon. No GD is great though :) !

Hope scan goes well. On mine i've just had the head and abdomen circumference measured. They wouldn't give me a weight as they say that can be inaccurate. I'm measuring slightly ahead but not had a mention of being induced. I have my 3rd grow scan on the 14th and will see what consultant says then.

Don't panic about his abdominal measurement. Our baby's abdominal measurement is also measuring 2 weeks ahead, I saw my consultant and she laughed and said he's obviously a fatty :D

Don't panic about his abdominal measurement. Our baby's abdominal measurement is also measuring 2 weeks ahead, I saw my consultant and she laughed and said he's obviously a fatty :D

:hugs: Thankyouuuu! That's SO reassuring that your consultant said that! Haha I wondered why I hadn't gained any weight myself and I was all bump- it's cos he's eating all my fat up and putting it on himself! :D

:hugs: Thankyouuuu! That's SO reassuring that your consultant said that! Haha I wondered why I hadn't gained any weight myself and I was all bump- it's cos he's eating all my fat up and putting it on himself! :D

Haha, I think that's what mine is dong, I've lost another 3lbs so I've only put on 2/3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Like Snowball said, dont worry about the abdominal measurement, my little guy is about 2 weeks ahead (I do have GD though) but he's still within the normal growth line so they dont have any problems with it.

I imagine they want you to see the consultant just so they can feel the size of the baby and how much they grow in the next 2 weeks because they put on a lot of weight at this stage. They'll also assess you and how big you are to make sure that you wont have any problems giving bith, one of my friends' baby was quite big but she was only 5'2" and very petite so they kept an eye on how big the baby got.

Heya hun

I had a growth scan yesterday and LO is measuring a bit big as well,like your lo her abdoman is biger then her head and that worried me as well,but looks like it can be normal as the consultant didnt seem concerned at all.

D
xx xx

I assuming they have checked you for GD and considering how large you were, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

They also take a look at all the internal organs, so they would have told you if there were any problems.

One week ahead is still in the realm of normal.

Looks like you are going to have a lovely chubby baby. Most babies lose a little weight in those first weeks, so your little gem will have a little more security.

I'm glad it went well.

I assuming they have checked you for GD and considering how large you were, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

They also take a look at all the internal organs, so they would have told you if there were any problems.

One week ahead is still in the realm of normal.

Looks like you are going to have a lovely chubby baby. Most babies lose a little weight in those first weeks, so your little gem will have a little more security.

I'm glad it went well.

Haha yep, glucose test came back fine :)

And YAY I love chubby babies :D with sausage legs :D So this makes me happy! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->